The Saratoga is not a beach hotel, but it doesn't pretend to be. Instead, it is among Palma's best-located, cleanest, and most "happening" city-center hotels. The jazz and blues bands that play in the 7th floor club Thurs.-Sat. are truly world class; the breakfast is excellent; the pool area beautiful; and the staff very friendly. Indeed, I became slightly ill on the morning of my departure, and the staff cheerfully accommodated late check-out at no charge.
The rooms, mind you, are not large, so if you are tempted to save money by attempting to bunk two people into a room that is recommended as a "single," do re-think your plan. Despite their small size, the rooms feature a full bath, and the hot water is unlimited. Closet space is adequate, and the beds are comfortable. Oh, and each room has a balcony! Moreover, despite the hotel's location and its many in-house attractions, the rooms are, generally, quiet.
Regarding the beach, it's about a 30 minute walk. There are better beaches on the island, but there's nothing wrong with this city beach. There is a bus to the beach, but the walk is as easy as it is beautiful (it's just long, and seniors/mobility restricted persons should probably take the bus).
As to dining, the fine staff of the Saratoga will be pleased to direct you to good eateries; don't be afraid to ask, especially since Palma has become a real cuisine capital (well, at least for Mallorcan food, which is really good!). If you desire non-Mallorcan cuisine, there is Castillian, German, Argentine steak, Irish "pub grub," British fish & chips, and, sadly, American-style fast food, all within 5-10 minutes' walk from the Saratoga. Many places present live music; much of it is very good.
What's my "bottom line?" It is this: If you want to be in the city center, you need look no further than the Saratoga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Saratoga, in Palma (Majorca) was established in 1962 and has been recently refurbished. The Hotel Saratoga is situated in a central but quiet location in Palma (Majorca), near one of the most popular and prestigious commercial avenues of the city - Avenue Jaime III - close to the Paseo Maritimo promenade, the Cathedral and the Harbour. Built in a conventional style, the Hotel Saratoga has a fresh and comfortable atmosphere, a sober decor, and excellent facilities, equipment and service. The Hotel Saratoga disposes 187 luxury rooms and offers free wireless high speed internet throughout the whole hotel. There is a BLUE JAZZ CLUB with live Jazz Music and the presence of the best Jazz artists in Majorca. The Hotel Saratoga is highly recommended for Conventions and Business, tourism, Golf and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Saratoga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Saratoga Palma De Mallorca, Majorca