We just returned from a nice 3-night stay at HIM&S over the long 4th of July weekend. I can't say enough about this hotel. It's first rate, from top to bottom. We booked based largely on the tripadvisor rating, and were definitely not disappointed. It has earned high marks in our book as well. My wife had a facial at the spa, and found it worth every penny as well.
We were initially in a 'standard' room in the 'spa' building . . . the hotel moved a spare bed into the room for our daughter. But the room was just too small for 3 people. We asked to be moved to a junior suite the following day . . . the hotel accommodated our request at very close to our original booking price! Such service is rare, and really made for a much nicer stay. We would have happily paid full price for the junior suite, it was quite nice and we flat out needed the extra room. But getting it at such a bargain rate was the cherry on top. But for groups larger than 3 people, certainly try to book a suite.
HIM&S is located on a quiet block, only a short (5min) walk to the marina and about 15min into the historic part of the city. The rooms are very quiet as well -- which can be unusual for Europe, even in some better hotels we've stayed in. There are good dining options w/in an easy walk from HIM&S (including a really nice Japanese restaurant I recommend called Japonese Shogun, also rated highly on tripadvisor).
However, you don't really need to ever leave the hotel to have a good stay in Mallorca. Between the nice and quiet rooms, the pool (with poolside cocktail and food service), the spa, the complimentary breakfast and efficient room service, you could easily spend a few days in Mallorca never leaving the grounds.
Do yourself a favor. Stay here. I can't imagine you'll regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Placed in a quiet area next to the Seaside Promenade, a 15 minutes walk from the Old Quarter, Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa is a modern urban hotel that combines comfort, closeness and excellent customer service. Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa offers 153 rooms and Junior Suites opened in 2010 and 2005, Spa and Wellness Centre, conference rooms, restaurant and swimming-pool, making it a perfect choice for business trips and holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Isla Mallorca Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Isla Mallorca And Spa
- Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca