“Seven Night Holiday Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pilar Juncosa, 7, 07014 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Hampshire
“Seven Night Holiday Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Second stay at hotel last September we started in a Premium room (sea view). I booked a similar room via the call centre and was disappointed to see we were in a side back room. Immediately complained and was told that the rooms have been re graded and the sea view is now Grand Premium Room. This was not made clear at time of booking but we were moved.

Hotel is very acceptable. A business come holiday hotel. Don't expect entertainment etc. Breakfast is excellent - either inside or on the terrace. The pool is superbly clean and well looked after. It is nice and quiet with no raucous behaviour. Mostpeaceful. Apart from slight road noise but this is a city hotel. Hotel looks over the marina and cruise ship terminals and it is a delight to watch the ships go in and out of port.

I did have a slight issue over a hygiene issue which I reported to reception and was seen by the Customer Relations Manager. I was pleased that she took my complaint seriously and did not try to fob me

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and will return. A good break in pleasing surroundings.

Stayed June 2013

609 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here in early May on a room only basis.
The room was very modern. Not huge but fine for a couple. Air con worked well. We had a small balcony with a lovely view of the castle and part of the town.
The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed, mostly couples and mostly from Germany, Scandinavia, UK or Ireland. Reception were excellent. The area is just OK but you're only a few minutes (brisk) walk to all the sites of this lovely city. Can't really comment on food. We had one snack at lunchtime which was cheap and cheerful.
Not much of a pool person myself, but my wife and our friends thought the outdoor area was great and they also have a lovely spa (small charge). Would recommend if you're not fussy on being totally at the heart of things. Would probably go back - if we get a bargain again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was good, but not 4 stars hotel standard. When I booked the hotel I specifically mentioned that it's our honeymoon and it'd be really nice of them if they could arrange for us a room with a good view and location. Regardless that nobody even congratulated us, we got a room with least sunny terrace, broken deckchair and with a horrible odour of fish in the room (as all the smell was coming from the kitchen below us). Taking into account that we got a champagne when my husband proposed me in a restaurant, here we could feel pretty big difference in the service.
The staff is friendly, but they do not care much of guests or quality e.g.
- when we reported a broken saddle in a bike, they didn't even bother to listen to me what exactly was wrong with the bike and just gave me another one without fixing the first one for next guest
- the lady in SPA is always more interested in typing (chatting?) on her computer than serving the guests. If you don’t interrupt her, you can stand there and being ignored by her forever
- in the dining area there were almost every 2nd day broken glasses on the floor which were cleaned up quite fast, but nobody warned the guests to avoid the spots. It may not be a big issue if you wear boots instead of flip-flops.
To sum up the hotel needs to work a bit harder to reach high standard. A good start will be by getting rid of the smell in the rooms and changing to customer-friendly attitude.

Room Tip: Superior Double with Terrace rooms get smell from the kitchen
Tampere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had ordered our trip from Apollomatkat, which is nowadays working in Finland, too, but its main office is in Switzerland. The room reserved for us had a small balcony with two chairs and small table, the interior was stylish but very tiny for two adult persons. Only one chair at a small laptop desk, wardrobe for hanging clothes was quite spacious but no ordinary shells anywhere for those clothes you don’t hang up. No boxes anywhere, only the promised safety box. The hotel was full, they said at reception, but tomorrow there could be a possibility for another room without the balcony in another building. I saw it, it was better. Then I was told about a junior suite, which I could not see that day because it was not cleaned (!). I thought 50 Euros extra for junior suite for a night is too much. I told that a balcony is not that important but the space in the room. I was told this is the only choice of Apollomatkat.

We tried to put our passports and other valuables into the safety box. It did not work. The clerk came and noticed that batteries were out and the man, who fixes it comes after four hours. He showed us miserable boxes in baggage room, for which we had had to pay 2 Euros! I was very angry. We went out, two hours after our arrival had gone for just solving problems and we had to get some food. I had to carry all valuables in my handbag.

When we returned there was a man in our room changing the batteries. He was very kind and we spoke in Spanish about the situation.

The air condition gave only cold air.

I saw the floor map on the door. It showed that this room is originally for one bed, and as I was told, there are plenty of business men during the week. That explains the quality of the room, but for stupid Finnish travellers you can offer whatever, just bring another bed there.

The breakfast buffet was very satisfactory.

The Wi-Fi did not work properly. That is why I went downstairs for the computers meant for quests. The other one did not work. The mouse batteries were off, but after having them changed it, however, did not work. When the other computer was free, I tried it. It warned about unsafe pages, which needed some updating. I could not do that and that is surely not my job.

Next day we were waiting for the promised announcement about room change. When nothing appeared we went downstairs wit our luggage and sat on the sofa. Then the clerk came to us and asked, if we want to see the junior suite. When seeing that we told that we are changing to that, because it was right opposite to our first room.

Again some troubles: the water flew from the bidet very slowly if at all. Then there should be coffee, tea etc. at the water boiler, but there was only one coffee bag and two tee bags. Hard to imagine, how long those have been there, but it showed once again that cleaning women won’t do their work properly. Clean it was all the time, though. I wrote these problems down, gave the not at reception and we went out. When we returned, those things were in order, and there was also milk for our coffees!

The bath room was very, very stylish, but dangerously slippery when it got wet. And it got, because of this stylishness, which has nothing to do with the reasonableness.

Room Tip: I have written about our experiences above, so I think that would be enough. I did not give my point...
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.The hotel was very modern and spotlessly clean.The breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold foods,we did try the restaurant once in the evening the food was superb at a good value price.The spa matched the rest of the hotel, good facilities .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 10.30am, greeted by friendly staff who directed us to our superior room. We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in room 509, which had views over the pool and to the sea. The room was lovely, very modern, fresh and super clean! It was small but we were only sleeping in there so we didn't have any problems with the size.

The pool area is great, lots of loungers and a lovely terrace which was a real sun trap. We ate at the pool snack bar a couple of times and the food was great. For a hotel food and drink was very reasonably priced and we were impressed by the quality too. Breakfast was amazing, loads of choice including a chef preparing omlettes. We also had dinner at the hotel one night and again very impressed with the huge selection and quality of food. As a hotel guest you also get 20% off the food bill so it was very reasonably priced at under 20euros for an eat as much as you like 3 course meal and bottle of wine.

We felt the location of the hotel was perfect, it is around a 15 min walk to the historic city and a 5 min walk down to the marina. It's close enough to eat and drink out at night or see the city in the day but still quiet enough in order to have a relaxed time by the pool in the day.

We used the spa on the last day when it was cloudy outside. We went between 3 and 4pm when entrance is half price at 5euros. The spa itself is lovely, lots of shower experiences, swimming pool and jacuzi. We were impressed with it and enjoyed our time there. We were happy to pay the 5euros, it was a great way to spend a relaxing half day.

I would also like to thank Pablo Franco López for helping me with my booking after I had problems with the booking agent Clever Hotels (independent booking agent who are rubbish!) He was very prompt and helpful in resolving my booking issue. Great customer service!

I will be recommending this hotel to anyone looking at staying in Palma and hopefully I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The higher the room number the better the view. 509 is a nice room with views over the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived early for checkin at 11am and were delighted that our Superior room with terrace was ready. The room was clean and well appointed and although the terrace doesn't have a view, having your own sun beds, table and chairs is worth the extra few pounds. Unfortunately the weather was poor during our stay, so we didn't get as much use of the terrace as we had hoped. However, the use of the Spa for just 10 euros each extra for are three night stay was fantasticx. The Spa was lovely, clean and relaxing. You had to pay an extra 3 euros for a "spa hat" so take a swimming hat if you can. Breakfast was a buffet of both hot and cold food, plenty of choice, but a little busy on a Saturday morning. The reception staff were helpful, the room quiet and we would definitely stay here again. It is only a 15 minute walk along the beutiful port front to the twon, so the location was ideal.

Room Tip: Pay the extar for a superior room with terrace to guarantee a sunbed!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa? Share your experiences!