Stayed here for 5 day break with my huband. Hotel was a lovely retreat. We booked a room with own Terrace and sunbeds which was fabulous. We could sit and read a book overlooking the pool without leaving our room. The room was modern and clean. The bathroom was ultra-modern with lovely shower (wetroom) style.
The breakfast was lovely but evening meal was not much to write home about. It was typical buffet style but I found the food to be a bit cold. I would definately not recommend the evening meal. But I feel bad for saying that as the staff were lovely. The hotel reception staff were helpful. The Spa staff were lovely although I cannot comment on the facilities as we didn't really have time to use them. We just visited there to borrow towels and have a nose! The staff were very patient putting up with my husband's attempts to speak spanish.
We tried to borrow the bikes at the hotel but they were always booked up. The hotel staff put us in touch with a bike hire shop which was just a few mins walk away where we hired bikes. Palma is great for biking as has cycle route right along beach - we cycled one day to Arinal where the cycle path goes all the way there. You can stop at lovely bars on the way. You can also cylcle to Palma Nova but this is more hilly and there is small parts where you have to go on the road but still worth a go.
The hotel's location is slightly out of Palma but only took us 10 min walk to castle. The transport from the airport to the hotel is easy to use if you are an independent traveller. We got the public bus form airport to Palma (2 euro) and a Taxi from there to the hotel (5euro). On the way back we just go a taxi back to airport(15 - 20 euro). Transport is quite inexpensive when you compare it to eating and drinking!
Great place for a break away. Would recommend this hotel to couples/friends/business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Placed in a quiet area next to the Seaside Promenade, a 15 minutes walk from the Old Quarter, Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa is a modern urban hotel that combines comfort, closeness and excellent customer service. Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa offers 153 rooms and Junior Suites opened in 2010 and 2005, Spa and Wellness Centre, conference rooms, restaurant and swimming-pool, making it a perfect choice for business trips and holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Isla Mallorca And Spa
- Hotel Isla Mallorca Palma De Mallorca
- Hotel Isla Mallorca & Spa Palma De Mallorca, Majorca