“Great 10 nights” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
“Great 10 nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Excellent hotel, a sea view is a must to enjoy the harbour and cruise ships. Yes the walk up is a bit of a drag but no where near as bad as people make out. Rooms are spacious and air conditioned with amble storage. Bed are comfy and tv channels give the opportunity to relax out of the sun when it gets too much. Location is a little out of the centre but close to bus stops allows easy access to Palma city centre and other towns. Breakfast is excellent with a good variety to suit all with fresh fruit, cooked breakfast and cereals. All in all a great hotel with good location and a price that makes it even more appealing. Definitely would recommend and will be returning in the future.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Xisco68, Director General at Catalonia Majorica Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
On behalf of all the staff of the Catalonia Majórica Hotel and myself, I would like to thank you all these wonderful comments about the hotel in tripadvisor, on behalf of all the staff of the Catalonia Majórica Hotel and myself. This feedback stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our clients. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had such a pleasant stay as you mention in your comment. This is our main purpose and we try as hard as we can in order to satisfy our guests expectations

We will be waiting for your next visit !!. Expressing again my gratitude to you, yours faithfully

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We enjoyed a 3 night stay at this hotel in mid June. It's a good 45 min walk to the cathedral etc but we2 knew this before we booked and enjoyed the walk along the harbour, it's really quite pleasant in the mornings. If you don't fancy the walk, taxis are about 6 euros. We didn't use the buses. Taxi from Palma airport was 20 euros. I note the previous reviewer complained about the reception staff. We had no problems, all staff we encountered were polite and helpful and more than happy to speak to us in english. We had paid for a sea view and were glad we did. When booking we requested a room on a high floor and were duly put in a room on the 5th floor. Stunning view over the harbour. Pool area is nice, plenty of loungers. The breakfast was fantastic. And a lovely view can be enjoyed from the breakfast room. The previous reviewer complained that omlettes and eggs were not available, but the egg cook was there each morning of our trip and kept the eggs flowing which seemed very popular although I don't eat eggs so can't comment. I certainly didn't hear any complaints. Just about every breakfast food you could want was on offer and you could eat until you burst if that's your thing! The room was on the small side but modern and clean. Lovely large bathroom. My only complaint was that personally I found the pillow uncomfortable. However, the spare, more square pillow in the wardrobe was better. Other reviewers have complained that air con did not work but I suspect they weren't remembering to keep the balcony door shut tight when the air con was turned on. For us it worked perfectly well. Overall, this is a great hotel. Yes, it's not in the centre, but that's reflected in the price.

Room Tip: The supplement for sea view is worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Xisco68, Director General at Catalonia Majorica Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Unhelpful and rude staff.

I had to prove that my room was booked for 2 people as they believed that I paid a double room for a single use. When I went to the room, I let my luggage and left for a few minutes. Coming back there was a puddle in the corridor and when I open my room there was a very strong leak coming from the ceiling of the bathroom. Few minutes after, no electricity. All my luggage were wet. Except the change of the room they didn't provide me any help and I had to do everything in the dark as it was midnight and the hadn't a torch.
When I complain about my wet luggage and that they didn't help me, the male employee didn't answer any word even I said it in Spanish.

You can guess that I didn't received any excuse.
Although this, at the check out, they tried to charge me 2€ for a thing I didn't take from the mini bar...

Food is very poor for the breakfast (13€). Cooking show is a joke as there isn't always someone to do it. So forget your eggs and omelettes...

If you ask at the reception where to find a very nice beach in a natural and quiet place, be sure they will advise you to go to the worst beach of Mallorca with buildings surrounding you.

Be aware that the pictures of the hotel are well Photoshopped...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest, I would like to thank you all your comments about our hotel in tripadvisor because this feedback stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our clients.

I can ensure you that I will do my best, together with my hotel team, in order to check and of course solve all points that you have mentioned in your post. Please, let me apologise for all the inconvenients that we caused to you. We will try as hard as possible to satisfy our guests expectations.

Expressing again my gratitude to you because your comments give us the oportunity to improve, yours faithfully
Gedera
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel is located above the marina. Wonderful view. Rooms are very clean and quite large. Location is off the main streets, in a quiet neighbourhood. Good shopping mall 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Walking distance from lots of good restaurants and night clubs, and nearby bus to town center.
Tip, hotel can be approached by special lift from Juan Miro street, so no need to climb to Garita street in case you come with a bus from the airport.
Only one thing didnt work properly, our aircondition was not working well and was not fixed for the whole 3 days we stayed there. But at least it made us go out and enjoy the great Palma.

Room Tip: Rooms with seaview face the sea, but also the swimming pool, which might be noisy. Our room just h...
cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Recently stayed for 2 nights break Very Clean hotel and Seaview room well worth the supplement.Breakfast nothing more than average Staff shortages caused frustrations particularly at pool bar where a 20 minute wait to place an order was not unheard of. The Funicular lift was Out of service for most of our 3 days stay. Be prepared to walk, this hotel is a long way around the Harbour and the climb up to its elevated position can be exhausting in the high temperatures.
Overall this hotel is rather tired and showing signs of shabbiness , but for £50pp per night You pays your money and takes your choice !!

Room Tip: Seaviews a must and the higher the better
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Nice pool area, friendly staff & very clean rooms. Exactly what you're expecting from a hotel!
Although everyone is in favor of the sea view rooms, but i must admit the rooms at the back of the hotel were equally nice AND had sun in the evening which made it fantastic to just sit on your balcony enjoing a bottle of bubbles for example ;)
i would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, on behalf of all the staff of the Catalonia Majórica Hotel and myself I would like to thank you all these wonderful comments about the hotel in tripadvisor. This feedback stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of improvement in the service for our clients.

yours sincerelly
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice hotel, but nothing out of the ordinary. Friendly, helpful staff was a plus. Paper-thin doors and noisy corridors was a minus.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Catalonia Majorica Hotel? Share your experiences!