My wife and I stopped here for 5 nights to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
It is easy to get to from the Airport, being a €3 ride on the No1 bus which stops right outside. It means entering the Hotel from the rear entrance (oddly on the main road) by climbing some steps and pressing the reception buzzer to let you in. Once you have your room key you can get in no problem.
The hotel is a lovely classy place in a great position opposite the marina. The room we had was a side view, room 606 which looked towards the port area. The room and bathroom were not huge, but the fixtures and fittings were in excellent order, and the bed was very comfortable. The only odd thing with the room was the electronic control of the nets and curtains. The room also had a small balcony.
The breakfast was included on our tariff, was great, whether you could justify the €29 charge per person if not included, I am not so sure. But there was plenty of choice and it was very nice sitting out on the terrace in the sunshine in the morning. We also had dinner 1 night, and although not very busy and quite pricy, the quality of food and service was excellent
The sun terrace was lovely with a sea water pool. Again the staff were excellent and very attentive. There is also a small indoor fresh water pool inside.
It is a fairly long stroll down the promenade into the town, but it only costs €1.50 to get the regular bus into town which stops right outside the hotel.
The only downside to the hotel is the 'Tito's nightclub' next door. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday night it is open from 23.00 to 06.00, and even with the doors closed you could here the noise from the club and the road to the front. I don't know what it was like in other areas of the hotel, but where we were, the noise was quite intrusive, just be aware.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our stay at the Victoria. It is a lovely Hotel with great staff.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Melia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Escapio, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca