This is one of the hotels that tour guides specifically point out along the way since it is 1 of only about 2 4 or 5 star hotels on the Island supposedly. We stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of October and were glad that we rented a car at the last minute when we arrived. While the hotel is VERY nice with elegant furnishings, it is not in the greatest area. Yes, it does sit at the port looking at the water, but if there were pictures out the other side of the hotel, you probably wouldn't book it. Much of the street that the hotel is located (Avenida Joan Miro) has fallen terribly into the recession of Spain. There are many vacancies, and strip clubs are a many as you walk on that side of the hotel.
The staff of the hotel is VERY helpful, especially the one lady that worked on the morning we arrived. She gave us WONDERFUL suggestions from where to eat to where to park. (Even though their website says parking is free, it is not! Park in the spots at the port for free and there are stairs to a key card entrance that takes you up to the pool situated next to the gourmet ice cream stand that never seems to close!).
The best suggestion I found on the web was to sign up for their frequent stay card, called "mas." With this card you get 2 for 1 breakfast every morning in the dining room overlooking the water! I think it usually costs something like 32 euros each without the card, and it is one of the BEST breakfasts you'll ever have (pastries, fresh made eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, coffee, OJ, and even champagne for mimosas!).
Overall, it was a wonderful place to stay, but I would opt to stay in one of the small towns on the Northwest side of the island(like Deia or Soller) if I go back, purely because of the shady-ness of the other side of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel
- Gran Melia Victoria Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- Gran Melia Hotel Victoria
- Sol Melia Victoria
- Gran Melia Palma Victoria
- Gran Melia Victoria Palma De Mallorca, Majorca
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Gran Melia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.