“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Exmouth, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Went here on the recommendation of our hotel. We went early evening without booking, sat outside with the setting sun and found the service good and attentive.

Excellent Paella and local Ses Nines wine. Everything seemed reasonably priced considering the quality and we would definitely visit again! Would suggest booking as it looks like it can get busy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CanEduardo, Propietario at Ca n'Eduardo, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Timsmummy,

thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about your recent experience at Ca n´Eduardo. It is always pleasant to receive positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed yourself. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you again in the future,

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to visit this restaurant on our last night of our holidays due to a recommendation from our head receptionist. On arrival the staff are very attentative we choose some small fish and padronn which were fine and then it went down hill.
I fanced a fillet and my wife went for the Seabass. The presentation of my wife's dish which was served whole to which eventually they filleted it badly at the side of the table. I had a sirloin put in front of me which caused embarassing arguments almost the serving team so sent it back.
So my wife finished her meal then I had to send by now the cold vegetables back to kitchen ( why can't some restaurants not take all the meals away and reserve together,I was always told to do this in my waiting on days)
Eventually what should have been a medium rare fillet with pepper sauce turned up. Fillet raw not even blue and no sauce. By this time my patience had gone!!
I called over the manger to get the bill and go but he insisted they redo the fillet. Out came a small overcooked piece of meat. This is the worst meal I have had in a long time.
Incompetent restaurants are no good to hard paying customers. Just a footnote there were 6 people in the restaurant at the time. AVOID!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CanEduardo, Propietario at Ca n'Eduardo, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear timsc-62,

It is with great concern that I read your comments and have forwarded then to our chef and restaurant manager.

I would like to make an apology on behalf of the Ca n´Eduardo and we are taking all the necessary steps to make sure that this is a one off occurance.

I am very sorry that you and your wife had a bad experience in our restaurant, it is deeply upsetting to the whole team as our aim is that all of our customers come away from Ca n´Eduardo pleased with the food, service and ambience.

I would be delighted if you and would consider returning to Ca n´Eduardo at a time that is convenient to you. Please contact me by email for assistance with your reservation.

Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Kindest regards,
Johnny Moloney
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The service could have been better, and the meal was OK, but again not as good as we were hoping for after reading several reviews. Our party ordered Paella, turbot and sea bass, none of which were outstanding, and we didn't consider they justifyed the cost....We had better meals elsewhere!

Visited August 2012
CanEduardo, Propietario at Ca n'Eduardo, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Gillian P,

thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent experience at Ca n´Eduardo, I am sorry that your evening did not live up to your expectations. Feedback from our clients is very important to us as it amables us to maintain and improve our standards.
I hope that you will consider visiting us again when in Palma. Please contact me directly by email to make a reservation.

kind regards,

suffolk
“Best place for fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

we were recommended to go by Jamie Caerao of Simply Fosh met co owner John and then proceeded to have the best fish meal on the island, great food and service and great wines and value, if you had been before it has changed dramatically from the days when it was old Spanish with no translations and no English speKing staff feeling fishy then go we went July and will be back in August and September looking forwArd to see you again John

CanEduardo, Propietario at Ca n'Eduardo, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Markettraveller,

thank you vey much for taking the time to post your kind words, they were really appreciated by me and the whole team here at Ca n´Eduardo. It was great to meet you in July and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

“Paelia king”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by the hotel for its paelia and truly it was one of the best i've had. We had the fideua paelia and it was divine. DIVINE. Be prepared to pay sth more than your average restaurant but you'll get your moneys worth. RECOMMENDED

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Vaponamat,

n´Eduardo, customer feedback is very important to us as it enables us to maintain and improve our standards. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future,
Johnny Moloney