Stayed in Palma as a treat for my birthday.
Hotel is in a fabulous location and great for good restaurants and shops. Plenty of buses can take you to the Marina or beach for not too much money. The City tour bus stops right across the road so really ideal for everything.
The hotel is very stylish and the staff helpful but the rooms we had were starting to show wear. The first thing that surprised us when we git there was how hot our room was that the aircon would not go lower than 24C and it was a sweltering 37C outside a call to the desk and an maintenance man visited to tell us he needed to reduce it on the main computer downstairs.
That done my husband went to take a shower to find a tap broken and when he got it to work the shower sprayed the whole bathroom and shorted the electrics on the bathroom mirror. The lovely receptionist tried to dry it out with a hair dryer and after we insisted on a room move we were placed in another room on the floor below the 4th floor. This room was also a little 'tired' the light in the mirror didn't work and the shower head was not very clean but we were so tired we didn't say anything. We just called down again to get the air con lowered. The air con system is not great, i guess it circulates the air around a number of rooms including where people smoke so at sometimes it was pretty un- bearable the smell if cigarettes and we had to leave. Not sure the hotel could do anything about it.
The pillows are of a pretty poor standard and the hotel does offer a 'pillow menu' but I don't believe in paying for a better pillow - you should get them anyway. The beds are pretty hard but I find that a lot in Europe so not surprised. Also be aware the small bottles of water left in your room, normally complimentary in this standard a hotel are not, we were charged €12 for 6 tiny bottles.
The breakfast in the morning is very good with a help yourself buffet and has a good selection of cooked to order items. The staff were always very helpful and nice. Although for some their understanding of English was not great, but we got by with sign language!
On the whole this is a lovely hotel which I would say is in need of some TLC! For the money we paid to stay there it just felt a little disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida is a modern establishment, which opened its doors in 2009 after being carefully refurbished by the well-known architect Bruno Borrione, member of the Philippe Starck team. The result of his hard work was a perfect balance between comfort and design. The materials used and the great details that went into the conversion of this emblematic building, which originally and since 1942 had been the Cinema Avenida, to the current day UR Palacio Avenida, have led to the hotel being a highly considered boutique hotel in the city.The hotel remains open all year round and offers a personalised service to both businessmen and those who simply wish to enjoy their holidays.Its central location, with direct access to public transport makes it easy to reach any part of the island.A few meters away from the hotel is located the largest public parking of the city and only 300 meters away, is located the Hotel UR Mision de San Miguel where a private parking is available for hotel guests of both hotels (costs apply).The Hotel UR Palacio Avenida has 68 rooms, with extraordinary natural light, views of the centre of Palma de Mallorca and modern furnishing, which cares for the smallest detail.The hotel also offers a coffee shop. Wireless Internet access in all areas of the building and a safety deposit box in the room are both free of charge.The modular conference rooms cover a total of 200m2 and have been perfectly designed to meet the needs of any event meeting, banquet, conference or presentation. The modern and comfortably furnished rooms can be divided by mobile panels and are also equipped with internet access, air conditioning, a projector and large screen, and direct access to an exterior terrace which is ideal for coffee breaks.Due to the unique location of the hotel, guests can enjoy the main shopping areas and cultural activities, excursions, golf, restaurants, etc.Also from the hotel reception can be arranged any special request of the guest, boat trips, rent a car, excursions around the island, winery tours, visit to the Caves of Drach, etc.For guests who wish a more personalized service Private Concierge is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your UR Palacio Avenida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ur Palacio Avenida Hotel Palma De Mallorca
- UR Palacio Avenida Palma De Mallorca, Majorca