“Great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of UR Palacio Avenida

You added UR Palacio Avenida to your Saves list
UR Palacio Avenida
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Alexander Rosello 42, 07002 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #37 of 66 Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Houston, Texas
“Great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spend 2 nights at the UR Palacio Avenida, Palma de Mallorca the fist week of July. The Hotel location is great, right next to a bus stop (Plaça d'Espanya) and walking distance to many tourist attractions, so from the airport you can take bus #1 to Plaça d'Espanya, the hotel is on your right when getting off the bus. The room that I got was small and modern in design. The bed took most of the room and was confortable. I did not like the bathroom, it look nice, was clean but was not very functional in my view. The Wifi work good. The hotel front desk is helpfull with direction and suggestion. The breakfast in the front cafe was really good as well as the staff. I did not try the breakfast buffet but it was available for 12 euro.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristian G, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you, on behalf of the employees of the Hotel and myself, all your comments and suggestions about your stay in the Hotel UR Palacio Avenida. This is very important for us because stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of the improvement in the service for our clients.
Expressing again my gratitude to you, yours faithfully

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Stylish, with interesting decorations, merging tradition and modern. Not many rooms - which I generally prefer. Provisions for disabled. Try to find an upper floor room with a view. Breakfast satisfactory, above average. Overall very good selection and cost/quality ratio!

• Stayed July 2012
Cristian G, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for all your kind comments about your stay in the Hotel UR Palacio Avenida. I hope to see you again in the future.
Yours sincerely.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I arrived in Majorca June 30 and stayed for 2 nights with a friend of mine. We arrived early in the morning and our room was not ready. They placed our luggage in a room behind the front desk. So we went to have breakfast and then asked the front desk(Lucas) how to get to the best beach. We found out that we could take the bus to the beach. The bus station was right across the street from our hotel. The beach we went to was beautiful. When we got back to the hotel our room was ready. It was very clean and nice. The bathroom mirrors had lights around them and the bathtub didn't have a curtain. While showering the mirrors got wet and the power went out. It didn't come back on! We were getting ready to watch Spain win the Eurocup, the hotel set us up with another room to get ready in and when we came back late at night they set us up with another room as the power was still out. They were very accomodating!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hotel done in specific style which need just a regular service. Obviously old hotel which was once modernized and after that nothing. My spacious room was standard room overlooking walls and nothing but I had much better sleep than my friend in superior one overlooking square. Hotel is central located and thats very good about it. Very comfortable superking bed, clean and crisp bedlinen. Again very strong smell of desinfectant in the room but you get used to it after couple of minutes. Bathroom is still nice but tired towels, leaking stains, mirror eaten by humidity ... Hotel has no parking and there is a possibility to arrange a parking in public garage for 17euro per day but if you drive out of the centre you can park in white zone free of charge. Be aware that that also means 10 mins walk to hotel. Wifi is free and signal was very good. Apples on the reception free. Beach towels on the reception free too
I was happy with clean room/bathroom and a quality of sleep. I mentioned the rest for people who do care. If I am choosing I would choose it again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Les-Loges-en-Josas, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was my first stay in Majorca for five days at the end of June. The hotel is perfectly located within walking distance of Palma and just next to the underground modern bus and train station that meant convenient travelling to Soller, Valldemossa, Deia, Magaluf, Al-Arenal, Alcudia, the airport and wherever you may wish to go on the island.
The staff at the reception were extremely helpful and my special thanks go to Raquel, Lucas and Christina for useful tips.
My friend's room was perfect but I guess I was unlucky with room 1405. The hot water tap in the sink was blocked and it took about two days before it was working properly. Same for the television that did not work for the last two days. I also propose to the management that you add some international channels for your guests from abroad not fluent in Spanish. The room had a great view over the square and the windows are extremely soundproof. The air-conditioning worked sort of but was a little noisy. The other negative was the replenishment of towels and toiletries that was never done daily.
Breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of fresh fruit (pity the orange juice though was not freshly pressed) and the usual assortment of cold meats and cheese.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Mr. Rossignol,
First of all I would like to thank you, on behalf of the employees of the Hotel and myself, all your comments and suggestions, which encourages and stimulates us to continue with the pursuit of the improvement and surmounting in the service for our clients.
I am sorry about the problems you had in the room, but we are always trying to improve and working in the quality of the services for our clients.
We would like to welcome you at our hotel again in the future, having the opportunity to demonstrate the quality of our services complying with standards that apply to all the company establishments.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The situation is fine, within walking distance of the old city, and with a park at the doors of the hotel (very usefull if you want to run in the morning for example).
The room is OK, but not very comfy, with a TV set out of work, and a noisy air conditionning.
The cleaning service is poor : a used glass stayed three days next to the TV set, the cleaning person forgot some of its items near the bed, and a bizarre smell of a closed room that has not been aired for long was greeting us every evening.
I would not return, since I believe there is cleaner for cheaper.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director General at UR Palacio Avenida, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to express my gratitude to you for being courteous enough to write us your comments about the hotel UR Palacio Avenida.
Regarding your specific comments about your stay, I am very sorry to read that you have not felt satisfied. I understand that these situations made your stay unpleasant. We would like to welcome you at our hotel again in the future, having the opportunity to compensate you directly in our premises and demonstrate the quality of our services complying with standards that apply to all the company establishments.
We have the intention of achieving a constant improvement in the quality of the services for our clients by means of a monitoring of some standards of quality for all the hotels which constitute our company.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

Was here for 2 nights on business to Palma, can't be bad getting to go to Majorca for work, and enjoyed the hotel.
Delayed flight meant I was late in but was made welcome. Wifi was free and room looked over the busy square and new really cool underground rail terminal, plus weather was great which helps.
Breakfast was good, value fair and would suggest a higher floor room if you are a light sleeper as it's in a busy part of town

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you all your kind comments about your stay in the Hotel UR Palacio Avenida. We would be delighted to welcome back in your next stay in Palma de Majorca.
Yours sincerely

Been to UR Palacio Avenida? Share your experiences!