“Fantastic value and quite sweet but not for everyone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ca Sa Padrina

Ca Sa Padrina
You added Ca Sa Padrina to your Saves list
Ca Sa Padrina
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Calle Tereses, 2, 07003 Palma de Mallorca, Majorca, Spain   |
Ampthill, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value and quite sweet but not for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had a lovely time in Palma with my 17 year old daughter and this placed worked perfectly for us in terms of location, price and general independence. I liked the lack of staff - until we had a plumbing problem in our room! But, to be fair, reaching people on the phone was never an issue and all problems were resolved. All the reviews here are right on...it's certainly not a place for everyone and I suspect we had the nicest room (no. 25) as we had the double with a terrace (which was delightful). The only big negative in the room for me was the very hard bed. But for the price, I would highly recommend it for a fun girls or boys weekend away. Not great for romance, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Go for room 25!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel has 5 small rooms on a small street very well situated between the Placa de Espanya and the Cathedral. There is no one there, you enter with a code you receive with your reservation, and that made me nervous since I was arriving on a very late flight after midnight and I had a meeting early the next day. Since I could not find a central hotel room elsewhere for under 180 euros, I took a chance and it turned out well. At 1 a.m. when I had trouble opening the door and pushed on the buzzer a very reassuring voice replied to me immediately and explained in English how to get in and get to my room. In fact you have an easier time getting help on the phones located on each floor than at the desk in a lot of hotels. I payed 63 euros for a very small room (a single bed would have left more space to move) but the room was spotless, bright and quiet. The door was very thin so I wouldn't consider this hotel for a "romantic" weekend to recharge a relationship, unless you want to share the excitement. Still, from inside the room I could not hear any voices or TV from the other rooms. The room had a flatscreen tv,, a fridge and the bath had a jacuzzi. The bed was excellent and the rooms are beautifully furnished, including the bed linens. The entryway- lobby has a stove, a sink, and a fridge stocked with beer, cava and water which you pay for on the honor system. I liked that very much. I also came to appreciate very much the kind voice on the end of the phone who was very prompt to answer and very helpful for everything from train schedules to restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cumbria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

This was a very quirky little place, in an old building in the old town.
It was unmanned, but the system of keycode pads, intercom, and fax seemed to work perfectly well. It is managed and monitored by another hotel in town.
The room was adequate, if a little dull.
Also the sound really carried through the building, so we were lucky we had quiet fellow guests. Reading the guest book, others had not been quite so lucky! Also there is a noisy manhole cover right outside (no fault of the hotel's), fortunately hardly any cars come down this little street because it clanged loudly every time one passed. The front door also bangs when used.
This was a late booking for us and we could not get in anywhere else at anything like the price. I would advise planning further ahead than we did in order to get somewhere better, and would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Hotels in Palma are pretty pricey, so you don't get that much bang for your buck... however, Ca Sa Padrina was everything i expected it to be. It was very clean, had interesting decor and is ideally located in the centre of Palma but without any of the city centre noise.

Check in was fine and I liked the fact that you open the doors with your pin number - not a key. Less to carry round and worry about!

Only minor negatives was that the fridge for he honesty bar was not working (although there is a fridge in your room, so this is not a major problem) and the wifi did not reach my top floor room so i had to sit downstairs to use internet.

Would definitely stay here again for a trip to Palma.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

The situation of the hotel is great. Still it's peaceful. Room was quite small. No view from the window (just to the balcony across the road), so it was a bit oppressive. Anyway room was clean, tiny and good if you need it just for resting.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

There are quite a few pluses but also many deficiencies at this establishment. I realize hotels in Palma are priced at a premium, but for the price of the room the value was overall just not there. We reserved 2 rooms for 3 nights. The combination given to us to open the door to the hotel did not work, so we had to call them to let us inside. But once we got to our rooms only one of those combinations worked and our friend had to wait over 1 hour for someone to arrive and attempt to solve this issue. Even then, they could not get the door open either. To their credit, they did offer another room at their other hotel(which turned out to be an upgrade)for the rest of her trip in Palma. That was when we found out that the owners were actually trying to run two establishments simutaneously. One hotel many miles away from ours had actual staff present and Ca Se Padrina had cameras and a telephone in the lobby. Once we did get into our room we found it decent but fairly small for the price. The shower was hand held only since the wall fixture had been ripped out of the wall. The location is quite nice in the old section of Palma and within blocks of Plaza Espana(Airport bus/Soller train stops). The directions to the hotel made it fairly easy to find and, for Palma, the nights were quite peaceful since is was on a side street. There were large lockers with locks for storage which came in very handy for us since it allowed us to visit Deia for a day and not carry everything with us. All in all, a very mixed bag and I would explore other options next time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Hereford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Detailed instructions for entry and registration worked well. Our room had a separate wc/wash basin but bath was in room curtained off - sort of. Furniture a bit shabby but we felt this was 'real' Palma and it was all clean and tidy. There are now facilities for making drinks. Very well conveniently situated for transport, restaurants etc but itself in a quiet lane.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends