“great holiday fantastic for kids and great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos
Germans Pinzon S/N, 07181, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #573 of 1,097 hotels in Majorca
liverpool
“great holiday fantastic for kids and great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 10 nights with my husband and daughter aged 5. We had a fantastic time and my daughter had the best holiday ever. The entertainment and pool is great. The rooms are fine as is the food. The only downfall was the sunbed situation. You had to get up at 7 and sit where u wanted your beds which opens at 8. If you don't you won't get a spec. Same for night time entertainment not enough seats. This wouldn't stop us from going back though because the hotel is great otherwise and you get around it eventually. Definitely recommend and looking to book again for next August.

• Stayed August 2012

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My children (11 and 15) and I just returned from all inclusive holiday. There are two hotels mirlos and tordos, we stayed in the sol tordos. The choice and quality of food available was great, even with two fussy eating boys!
The entertainment during the day and evening was brilliant, I especially enjoyed the Beatles tribute band and the archery.
The beaches are a few minutes walk away and have loads of water sports available.
Post office and chemist opposite hotel, shops just a 5 minute walk away.
Highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again.
Hope you have a lovely holiday as we did.

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We decided to go all inclusive on our holiday this year and this hotel was well worth it. From the minute of booking in the staff were very friendly and very helpful.

The entertainment team didn't stop and were always happy.

The food was plenty and always a good selection every day.

We stayed in the Mirlos side as out of season so only one half of the hotel open so meant queing at the bar alot !!

Would deff go back to this hotel again :-)

• Stayed May 2012
Holywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

After spending so many hours browsing on the web for the right holiday for myself and my two boy, aged 7 and 4, I decided to try the Sol Mirlos hotel and definitely made the right choice. Excellent hotel, food good, great variety. Rooms a bit small but the view from the 9th floor made it so worth while. The hotel is so well maintained, so clean. Kids club is excellent, staff were so good. Kids pools were great, my boys had so much fun. You definitely need to be up early to guarantee a bed around the pool area. Entertainment at night was great. Hotel is located so close to the beach. Plenty of shops and other eating areas near the hotel. I found all of the staff so friendly, very helpful. Would definitely reccommend this hotel for families. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Views from the upper floors are excellent!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Heath Hayes UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Mirlos Hotel and had a fantastic time! I was with my husband and our 9 year old son.

Food there was a good variety every day- pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta, curry, chilli, paella, risotto, salads, soups, vegetables and of course meat and fish cooked fresh on the grill! Breakfast was the usual things with fresh omelettes too! Usually easy to get a table and plenty of high chairs if you need them. The snack bar in the Tordos was great too, lovely toastIes and hot dogs and was still serving breakfast things after 10.00am.

The entertainment varied from the magic show to live bands- The Beatles tribute were super although it would have been better to have a two week rotation as we saw some things twice! You need to get a table early for the Torsos stage but easy to get one usually by the inside Mirlos stage. Lots of things for adults and children to join in with during the day too.

Lots of sun beds by all of the pools but they are chained up until 7.45 so we got up and sat in chairs where we wanted to be with an umbrella until they were unlocked!

You can only get 3 drinks at a time but not a problem and there are some free cocktails but if you are all inclusive the others were only 2.55€!

The rooms were an ok size and if you send an email to the hotel they will try to accommodate any requests- we asked for the Mirlos hotel on a low floor and got both. If you want a room facing the stage then you need a room in the Tordos.

Great location to the beach and both resorts of Palma Nova and Magaluf close by!

We had a lovely holiday and will definitely visit again in the future! :0)

• Stayed July 2012
Houghton Regis, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

we are off on our holiday on saturday 4th aug which will b our 3rd yr runnin at this hotel havent really got nothin 2 complain about pretty much most of staff are always happy and chatty. me myself as a mum of a 3 yr old boy im quite fussy but i love stayin here only stayed in mirlos and hopin 2 stay in there again this yr so if any1 has the email address of the hotel id b greatful if some how u could pass it on so i can msg them. thankyou overall a gd place 2 choose lots 2 do and only 1 min walk from bak gates to the beach

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived at the mirlos, after sending an email to request a room in that building, to find the reception staff very helpful, the reception, bar and general area was also extremely spotless. I had researched the hotel on this site and others to mixed reviews so didn't know what to expect, I was not disappointed! To the reviewers that are derogatory to the hotel, I do not understand these at all.
I was on holiday with my husband and 1 year old daughter and was so scared about what she was going to eat, i shouldn't have worried, the food in both restaurants was excellent, the choice was great and she ended eating more things than i did! The staff in the restaurants were wonderful, constantly clearing tables, helping with highchairs and the baby. They were always making my daughter laugh and smile. I did read that you had to eat in the restaurant you were booked into but that wasn't the case at all, you were welcomed into either.
The rooms were clean and the maids were round everyday, towels changed everyday and sheets/beds were done every other day, the room was an ample size for the two of us and a cot for the baby. Everything in the room worked (air con, toilet etc.) and was very safe for my very active daughter.
The pool areas were very clean.The Flinstones land was wonderful for the kids, both childrens pools were busy but you could still get sunbeds, we did a lot of walking in a morning and after lunch there was always free beds. A couple of days we put our daughter in the baby rocks club, it is a wonderful soft play kids club. The carer was great with the children and my daughter took to her straightaway and never looked back as I walked away! In the soft play there was so many toys my daughter never knew what to play with first.
Every night there was different entertainment, while we were there, they had Robbie Williams tribute, Magic night, High st musical, Tom Jones tribute, Round the world party night, Michael Jackson tribute, the quality was great. The bar areas were always well staffed and you never had to wait long to be served.
On the whole this was a wonderful hotel, excellent staff and we are already planning our next trip back and i for one cannot wait!

Room Tip: We were in room 510. It was right on the front, at the end of the corridor. The road was always busy...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos? Share your experiences!