“Rent your motorbike” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 12 Activities in Formentera
Type: Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooltra is the first low cost, large scale, full service scooter provider in Spain and Europe. “Cooltra – The Scooter Company” is a national and international popular brand acting in the business fields scooter rental, scooter tours and scooter sales.
Milano, Italia
“Rent your motorbike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I quickly booked my scooter on web, good prices.
When I arrived, in few minutes my scooter was ready.
It was almost new and didn't give me any problem.

Barcelona, Spain
“Very bad .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I rented a scooter for 1 week from Cooltra in Formentera. On thursday evening the scooter got a flat tyre. I called Cooltra and while they said I could have a taxi to my apartment they could not supply a replacement until the following day. Therefore all plans for Thursday night were cancelled.
The following morning a truck came to pick up the scooter and take it and me to the shop for a replacement. The driver took a short cut through a very rocky track in order to collect a car at the same time (although in the end the car did not fit). At one point we had to stop and resecure the scooter as it was bouncing around on the back of the truck.On arriving at the shop there were damages to the scooter that were not recorded when I picked it up. Since I had not had an accident, I was very surprised to see the damages. And it is now clear that the damages were caused during the journey from apartment to shop, while on the back of the truck
I paid the €50 for the damages + €50 for the flat tyre at which point I was informed that had I taken out the extra insurance there would be no charge.

1)On arrival at the shop to collect the scooter I was not informed of any extra insurance available.
2)It is clear that the damages were caused on the truck (why do Cooltra not check the scooters when they are collected by the breakdown company before they are loaded on to the trucks?)
3)I have written to Cooltra to get their comments and ask them to investigate (3 weeks ago) and received no response. I am consideraing taking this to small claims.

I will never use them again.

Visited June 2013

Badajoz, Spain
“Awful¡¡¡ Horrible¡¡¡¡”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I rent a motorbike in Cooltra Motos Formentera (the moto was chinese by the way)¡and I lost one morning of my three days trip beause it didn´t work. I had to call myself the insurance company for them to come to pick me up. Cooltra said the motorbike didn´t have any problem and they didn´t want to give me back the money¡ It is the worst service I have ever had in my life¡
Alquilé una motocicleta in Cooltra Motos (de fabricacion china por cierto¡¡¡). Perdi una mañana entera de mi viaje de 3 dias porque no arrrancaba y tuve que llamar a la compañia de seguros. Tardaron mas de dos horas en venir a recogerme y me dijeron que todos los dias tenian muchas llamadas de esta empresa. Cooltra dijo que yo no sabia arrancarla y no quisieron devolverme el dinero.

Hannover
“Good Price for a Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Rent a Scooter is the best you can do to explore the Island.
Cootra offers good maschines for good price.

Visited May 2013

spain
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Formentera is ideal for electric bikes. It's ecological, which is important on such a small island, and renting cars is frowned at here. The size of the island is perfect for electric motorbikes because you can tour the whole island on one battery charge. I highly recommend Cooltra for bike rental. The staff are brilliant and helpful and they really know their stuff.