“Great food, bit pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #596 of 1,115 Restaurants in Ibiza
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Aura Ibiza: Eat in our magical garden restaurant or in our private dining area, drink fabulous cocktails under the stars, then come inside to party to the sounds of world class DJs.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We really enjoyed the lemon zest butter that came with the bread rolls! And the 1kg of steak was really nice. Although the food was good, it did seem a bit on the pricey side. Really nice decor although the flies buzzing around when the food was out, were a bit annoying. Would recommend, but prepared to spend!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Defo worth a visit.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went to Aura last week for my boyfriends 30th birthday! there was 9 of us and we had a great time! i reserved a table by email and melisa emailed me for exact details and was so helpfull ! food was excellent and within a varied price range and the atmosphere was wonderful! great little bar afterwards to enjoy the night for longer! thank you

Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Not up to the Ibiza standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Aura this summer and we found it uninteresting with mediocre food and an ambiance that it was just ok, but nothing to be remembered. At least, half of the tables were busy (and it is a quite large terrace). The place tries to.emulate the Ibiza "touch and feeling" but just does not get there. For the price, therevarebplenty of places in the island much hetter than this one and more "authentic" as well. Nthere is something about Aura that feels a bit fake. As an example, most of the plants are actually plastic (easy to maintain, I guess). The lounge and bar seemed promising, but at 1 pm when we left it was totally empty (maybe it gets busy much later, I do not know). The only plus we found was that kids were welcome and present, if you consider that a plus,mdepending on the circumstances. The menu, very expensive for what you get. In summary, mediocre at best, at least for the standards of an island filled with magic places. This is not one of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderfully enjoyable, reasonably priced meal in a beautiful destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Aura is a beautiful garden restaurant. The food is excellent! An improvement on last year - last year was good, good enough to make us return but this year, well we were impressed. We ordered warm bread which came with a melt in the mouth slightly sweet citrus butter and water for the table whilst we looked at the menu. We all ordered starters. I had the asparagus which was divine it came with a a silky hollandaise sauce served in carefully broken egg shell (how do they do that?) . My husband ordered the prawns which were served on a bed of edible 'sand' and an amazing spicy mayonnaise, the quality of the prawns was exceptional, fat and juicy with a beautiful delicate flavour. Our friends all ordered starters but I did not try them to so will not comment but there was lots of very positive sounds coming from the table.

For my main i had the scallops with polenta and chorizo a small dish but very rich and I would not have been able to eat more if it had have been bigger. My husband and his friend shared a whole roast chicken, a generous bird with plenty of succulent lemony meat, they ordered a side of fries to go with the focaccia that came with bird. One of my girl friends ordered the lamb with a side of the most amazing smoked mash I have ever tried!! No one complained about their dish sizes but we were happy to squeeze deserts in too. Most of us had desserts. My husband just had a coffee but I had the delicious rice pudding which came served with cardamon seeds, rose jam and gold leaf it was the best rice pudding i have ever tried but the chocolate pot looked pretty amazing too. Our table spent around 65€ per head. Which seemed very good for 3 courses with wine!

Over all the value was great for what was an exceptional meal.

Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2012
London
“Excellent Aura”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I am a new member of trip advisor so had no pre-conceived misconceptions or expectations. I very much enjoyed an evening at Aura last Tuesday and so I was surprised by the negative reviews I have since read here on Tripadvisor. So although I do not often feel the need to voice my views on social media sites, I felt compelled to do so in this case.
We were welcomed into the very atmospheric, beautiful outdoor restaurant by a very friendly front of house staff member, who; it soon became apparent-was not an exception in the staff team. We were taken to the bar where we were made exquisite cocktails by yet another lovely staff member. Having stayed in Ibiza for an extended period of time and eaten at numerous restaurants- I thought the food to be reasonably priced and well worth the money. The pork burger was absolutely delectable, the meat was succulent and well cooked- I was extremely impressed. The menu is well thought and there is certainly something for everyone. The others in my company thought their dishes to be excellent and I feel that a restaurant able to please everyone on a table is impressive. There was a good wine selection at various pricings. The waiting staff were very knowledgeable and took the time to speak to us about what they felt would compliment our dishes. Once we were satisfied and finished our meal we wandered into the “Wax Da Jam” party that was in session indoors. The atmosphere was wonderful, a great mix of locals and tourists meant a good crowd and a very fun night.
I am surprised to have read the reviews of those who did not enjoy their experience at Aura. Although, as a fairly experienced traveler I can understand and see that this could be put down to something as trivial as personal taste. It’s a great shame that it is the nature of Tripadvisor to simply publish the, perhaps, unwarranted rants of an individual. It is an even greater shame if reviews influence other travelers experiences and ultimately deter others from going to a restaurant. Instead of elevating travel Tripadvisor acts as a hinderance- it makes anyone with a keyboard (myself included!) the voice of an esteemed restaurant reviewer, a voice and responsibility we do not deserve. Instead, I listen to the recommendations of local people and read the glowing reviews given by quality publications.

• 4 of 5 stars Food