“Very cheap, good for a dance weekend!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Divino Apartments

You added El Divino Apartments to your Saves list
El Divino Apartments
2.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Av del Ocho de Agosto 2 | Paseo Juan Carlos I, 07800 Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #162 of 195 Specialty Lodging in Ibiza
Monza, Italy
“Very cheap, good for a dance weekend!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've been twice in this little hotel (apartments), and both Times I had a positive experience. The service is good, it is a simple place were to stay near the harbour, downtown Ibiza and the Pacha. Both Times the price has been really good in my opinion, the staff is friendly and there is a small shopping open 24 h when you need some thing to drink or eat. Not the best place if you're planning your visit with your wife, with friends is ok. Perfect for a movida weekend! Well done for the clubbers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Estepona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We had problems already checking in, they didn´t have our reservation and didn´t even know the website we booked it on. They asked us to pay a deposit of 50€ per person, even though nobody told us before.The guy at the receptionist was very unfriendly and we haven´t seen him during the whole stay.
The towels or bedsheets were not changed in 5 days, the apartment was never cleaned.
The toilet stank of drainage and wash´t what I would call clean.
All in one...I will never go back!

Room Tip: If you have a car rented, you can stay in every place on the island, even in San Antoni or some smal...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Marbella, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Really enjoyed the 3 nights we stayed at El Divino Apartments. We went for the closing parties and to celebrate my birthday. There were two of us staying at the apartment, so we had a nice spacious studio, overlooking Dalt Villa. Perfect.
The apartment is a 5 minute walk from Pacha at most. Unfortunatley we didnt go to Pacha this visit, but would be perfect if that was on your hit list. Out of 7 trips to Ibiza, this was one of the better places we have stayed. Its cheap, so the rooms could do with a little upgrading. Didnt use any of the appliances in the kitchen. But the fridges and taps worked, the shower was great too!
No shops near by, but there is a garage 2 minutes walk from the apartments, and there you can get drinks, snacks, cigarettes and money.
The old town was a 10 minute walk, which was lovely to go to Dalt Villa for a meal.
The guy on reception was really helpful, and very happy, charming guy.
We were supposed to have a hire car, but complications at the airport turned this into an epic fail. Would have been even better if we had the car, as ample places to park and easier access to the rest of the island. However, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel (also with buses to the airport), and a taxi rank round the corner, meaning no need to call for cabs.
Not noisy... maybe in high season a little more so.
Great little place... and no problem brining people back for after parties ;o)

The only reason it didnt get 5 stars from us, is that they didnt change our towels and we ran out of loo roll (2 girls in an apartment need clean towels!!). But bare in mind we were there 3 nights.

Oh, and the aircon worked a charm...

Room Tip: Contact the hotel to get a room that overlooks Dalt Villa and the port if possible.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband an I called this the hotel 'the place wherenothing works'. It is a very basic hotel, which is fine, but when the basics don't work it is very annoying. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast was included, but that entailed going next door to the cafe and ordering a coffee and crossaint.

The hotel was located on the corner of a very busy road, so sitting out on a balcony was a no no. I would have said the hotel was quite clean until we had a visit from two cockroachs.

The location of the hotel was great. 10 minute walk to Ibiza Town, about 15 minutes walk to Talamanca beach and 5 minutes to Pacha.

Room Tip: On a very noisy main road, so ask for a quiet room at time of booking.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Despite advising of our arrival time during the booking process (19:30), there was no-one on reception to greet us and we had to ask a lady in the next door cafe to call someone. It took over half an hour for a very grumpy man to arrive to check us in. However, we were unable to pay the bill as his card machine didn't work......he told us to come back the next day to pay. I tried to catch up with him at various points throughout the week but he was never on reception and when he was, he did not seem interested!! I still haven't paid the bill as I refused to chase him around Ibiza, wasting my holiday time if he couldn't be bothered to provide any sort of service.

The room we were given was bigger than we expected and we did have a nice view of the old town but it was let down by the bed linen which was very old and not very clean and the kitchen which was a bit of a discrace to be honest. The oven was disgusting and hadn't been cleaned in years and the hobs were not much better. There was a distinct lack of kitchen utensils (not even and oven glove or tea towel) and the baking trays in the oven had old food baked on them. We managed some simple meals but we had to disinfect the place first.

The room was only cleaned once during our week long stay and the towels were only changed the once also. I don't think the bed linen was changed at all!! This was not good enough at all but as usual there was no-one to be found to complain to!

The apartments are in a good location but they can be a tad noisy when people are coming home late as there is very little sound proofing.

All in all, I would not recommend this place and I would be surpised if it is still in business next year. It seems it has been totally forgotton about and the owners/management quite clearly can't be bothered to run the place anymore.

Finally, the security of the place is worrying as the reception is constantly unmanned 24 hours a day and the front doors are wide open for anyone to come in!! I imagine there are many customers personal details behind the reception desk and it would not be hard for anyone to walk in and steal the lot.

It is a cheap place to stay in Ibiza Town but I would stay away to be honest and look for some better managed accomodation options.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We booked this accommodation on really short notice via laterooms.com.
The location is good for club Pacha and the old town but not at all “peaceful” as mentioned on the laterooms website, there is a bunch of pretty busy roads next to the accommodation and noisy foot traffic from party goers which means we had to keep the balcony doors closed in order to sleep at night.
On arrival we had to wait 15min before anybody even appeared in the reception area. The guy didn’t even greet us and just grunted a question for our names ( we found out later his English was really good so it was not down to a language barrier, just pure rudeness) I explained I had booked via laterooms earlier in the morning; he then grunted again, mumbled something about a printout and disappeared for 5min. He returned with an ancient computer and printer on a little trolley. He opened a web browers and pointed at the chair. I assumed he wanted me to print off my confirmation email.... so I had to sit down and browse to find the email so he could print the confirmation off. I even had to point out to him that that the printer wasn’t switched on.
He then said: “You pay me €130” (for 2 nights). That`s as far as the communication and welcome went. I handed over my credit card with a bad feeling. He handed us the key card for room 107 and pointed to the hallway. The rooms was more than basic, we booked a Studio Apartment which was supposed to cost £116 per night. We paid £54 which is still too much for what you get: Small, view over the busy road, pokey kitchen area, 2 separate beds. There was also noise from some building work going on downstairs.... We had to complain twice to get switched to a different room. My husband asked nicely if we could get a different room, the guy asked him to come back later. When asking “what later means” he told me to wait and then served some other angry customers who kept calling him a thief. After about 5min it was my husband’s turn again, by that time the guy had already forgotten who he was.... overall extremely unprofessional. When we returned to complain again he simply passed us a new room key without further explanation.
The second room was a bit better (room 113) on the other side of the building– a bit bigger and the kitchen was in a separate area. Downsides: the curtain had holes, the air conditioning smelled of pee when turned on so we could not use it, the toilet seat was cracked, the bath tub was grotty and the lights next to the bed did not work. There was also a light switch next to the door which didn’t seem to do anything.
The oven must have not been cleaned in years as it smoked out the whole place when we used it one night.
Trying to get some sleep is pretty much impossible as around 12am people get ready to go out and the building seems to have not sound proofing what so ever... I would have not stayed for the second night if I hadn’t already pay for it...
I was going to take some pictures of the room in the morning but was put off by the huge cockroach in the rim of the toilet seat so we just fled as fast as we could. My advice: Stay away!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Loved it !!!!Great location with Talamanca beach 5mins walk and ibiza town 5 mins walk in the other direction,Club Pacha round the corner and with views over the harbour of Dalt Villa that are simply stunning (ask for a harbour view its worth it),The Staff at reception where fantastic and couldn't do enough for us even allowed us to keep our room till 7pm as there was no further booking for that day,the apartments are reasonably well decorated and make a welcome change from your typical ibiza hotel self catering holiday,
i will be returning for sure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to El Divino Apartments? Share your experiences!