Whenever a client insists on booking a hotel on my behalf a cold sweat develops on my brow! In the case of the booking made for me at the Barcelo Costa Vasca I really had nothing to worry about. Check-in in the modern lobby was quick and efficient (although it's been a while since a hotel in Europe has asked to see my passport). My room, located on the fourth floor, was extremely bright, spacious and perfect for my stay. The beds were exceptionally large and comfortable, the bathroom (bath & shower) excellent. I particularly liked the distinctly separate desk area (with lots of electrical wall sockets) as I had work to do on my laptop during the stay.
The buffet breakfast was superb (particularly the selection of fresh fruit for the healthy and waffles and caramel syrup for the likes of me). The evening menu, while a little limited in choice, is superb value at just €14 for three courses plus a complementary digestif. Coffee and snacks at the bar are also good quality and value.
Location wise the hotel is well placed being just 250m from the seafront and the beach. The geography of San Sebastian means that nothing is too far away with the downtown shops, bars and restaurants being no more than fifteen or twenty minutes walk.
If there was any criticism to be had whatsoever it is the charging for the car park - €20 per day to stay in the open over-ground car park or €25 to park underground. If the actual room prices were not such good value this could almost be a deal breaker but, that said, the charges didn't taint my stay whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Costa Vasca**** hotel is a landmark in San Sebastian, it is located 7 minutes by foot to Ondarreta Beach and 15 mins from the famous creation by the sculptor Eduardo Chillida "El Peine del Viento". Discover the city's historical and traditional side by enjoying a few tapas in the old Basque quarter or enjoy all the glamour of our city, taking a pleasant stroll, with magnificent views of the La Concha Bay. For the summer season (1 July to 31 August) we offer you 2500 m² of garden area to enjoy, where you can relax with a cocktail in our Swim Bar or cool yourself down in our semi-Olympic sized swimming pool. We also offer guests a convenient car park situated at the hotel entrance. Furthermore, during your stay you can enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Costa Vasca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Costa Vasca Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Barcelo San Sebastián Donostia
- Barcelo Hotel Costa Vasca