“Good food with not such a good attitude” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Restaurante con entrantes de temporada, carnes y pescado a la parrilla de leña, mariscos.Menu degustacion 36 €
Orlando, Florida
“Good food with not such a good attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Plenty of great things have been said about this restaurant but our experience can't match the raving reviews. I let the woman know who greeted us about our reservation in Spanish but she picked up right away it was not my native tongue. She sat us with some indifference and brought us menus in English and French, along with the wine list. When she came to take our order, I asked her if English was OK and she tersely responded "no". We ordered cocktails with me using my best broken Spanish. We placed our order in English once she brought our drinks which was my only option since I didn't know the Spanish equivalents (not on the menu). We weren't given time to finish our cocktails before the starters arrived and service was quite rushed for the rest of the evening. My wife had grilled peppers that were quite tasty and I had chosen anchovies and tuna in a vinegar marinade. The fish was dry on both accounts, leaving me with the opinion they had very well come from a can. The wine wasn't brought tableside until right after our main courses were served which astonished me. We ordered sole and grilled local lobster. The sole arrived whole with no offer for the fish to be fileted but ended up to be delicious. My lobster was also a hit, being sweet and tender. After finishing, we were casually offered dessert and coffee, which we opted to pass on. It took us another 15 - 20 minutes to finish our wine and none of the wait staff glanced our way during the entire time. I finally waved someone down to get our check once we had finished up.

Although the food quality was good for three of the four plates, I truly felt we were treated just like another tourist with no concern of whether we would return again or not.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our concierge recommended this restaurant. It's located on the far, less crowded side of the large beach. We would have never gone there unless someone directed us. It is well worth it. We were a little confused at first as there is a bar/coffee shop downstairs. The restaurant is upstairs. We went up early in the afternoon. We did not have a reservation. I would recommend calling ahead. There was only one or two tables left open for people like us who did not call ahead. The restaurant was fully booked for the afternoon except for those two tables. The staff seemed a little stiff at first but were extremely attentive. Everyone in that restaurant helps out. No one is ever standing still, including the person I believe owned or managed the restaurant. The staff had limited English and I have limited Basque but we were able to manage. I discovered after I ordered they do have menus in both Basque and English. My husband had the English menu and I did not look at it! That was funny. The food was delicious. I had lobster and my husband had monkfish and prawns. This is a fairly expensive place to eat but absolutely worth it for a treat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Branka a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Value for money top class food and service. EUR160 for 2 for 3 courses and bottle decent wine. Food exceptional... Try the turbot for main course .. Perfectly cooked and unctuous sauce. Views over the bay world- class. Book early!

Visited August 2013
“Total experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

When San Sebastian is crowded with festive people on a weekend night in august go to this dead end stretch at the boulevard. The ground floor looks like a 'regular' terasse but the party starts on the first floor and if you want to feel like a VIP take a cocktail on the roof. The view is smashing! We had no reservations but the manager-lady squeezed us in by reorganising the table setting. We took the 4 course menu (€39,- that inlcudes wine and coffee) and it was a delight. We had hake and roast lamb. But what we got was an ue Spanish ooops.. Basque experience. Everybody was there to have a good time. Granny was sitting in one corner, a baby cot in the other. a local designer with the wrong hair do ordering champagne, a woman in black wearing pearls.. What can I say. We were lucky.At 22.30 they dimmed the light so we could all enjoy the fireworks overlooking the bay. Total experience, total bliss.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local and we do not regret visiting it. We had a perfect dinner with a nice view of the bay and service was good and attentive. We went on a Friday and the restaurant was full so we were glad we had made reservations. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013