“a small but really nice pension” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pension Regil

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Sebastian - Donostia
Pension Regil
You added Pension Regil to your Saves list
C/Easo, 9-10, 20006 San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain   |
Salamanca, Spain
“a small but really nice pension”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just stayed there for 2 nights there. Before my stay, I have searched many accommodation choices and found you can't find anything better than here at this price range. It's really near to the beach, maybe 2 minutes. The old town area and TOPO station are within 10 mins by walking. I had a exterior room, but I wasn't bothered. Inaki, the owner, is really friendly. I had no idea about SS before arrival. And he suggested several good tourist point and several nice bars for tapas. I was happy during my stay and will come back if I have another chance to visit SS.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We (2 adults and 1 child) stayed for one night in one room. Although cheap and clean, the room was really too small for 3 people, as a 3rd single bed was shoehorned in, leaving no floor-space. If we had been warned it was so small, we would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Iasi, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Pension Regil is a wonderul place, where you feel that you are cared for. From the moment when I contacted the Pension up to the very end of my stay, I felt that warmth of the owner's heart. Nothing of the impersonal ... indifference of hotels. It is conveniently located, very clean, and quiet. I had the exterior room but I was not bothered at all by the noise. It was tolerable. This is definitely a place to come back to, mainly due to the kindness, disceteness and consideration of the owner. Many thanks for making my stay so enjoyable, for ... looking after my shoes, which I had forgotten on the terrace on a rainy day, for good suggestions and recommendations, for helping me with my luggage, for the availability to help whenever I needed to sort out a problem... Everything was much better than I had expected it to be...

Room Tip: Excellent location, good value for your money, a wonderful and helpful owner
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in April and really enjoyed our stay. As others have said, Iñaki is a friendly host and happily helps with information and marking particular places of interest on the tourist map - he gave some very good recommendations for pintxos bars!

Our room was over the road, although we didn't notice the traffic noise with the window closed (will obviously be noisier in the summer with window open). The room was a decent size, with an ensuite, and was cleaned very well each day. The sound-proofing between the rooms wasn't great, but the beds were comfy and we both slept well enough.

The location is good, no particular view of note from the window, but a very short walk to the beach, old town and shops.

Overall Pension Regil gives good value for money (meaning you can spend more on wine and pintxos), we'd stay here again if we return to San Sebastian and I'd certainly recommend it to friends and family for a short break at this time of year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Inaki, the owner, was extremely helpful and provided great information during our stay. Rooms size and cleanliness including the housekeeping was extremely worth the price. The location was also excellent - near to all the attractions and the train station.

One negative point were that the soundproofing was not fantastic and it got a little noisy in the morning. I casually mentioned it to Inaki and the noise level went down the next morning!

There are no lifts to the Pension which is on the 2nd floor but Inaki was really helpful in moving our luggage and pram up and down the staircase.

All in all, an excellent place to stay and very good value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Venice, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This little B&B is pretty simple, a little noisy, but in the very heart of the city and just a step from Concha Beach. It's perfect if you've planned just a couple of days in San Sebastian, since everything is right there! Rooms are clean and tidy; the one on the street is too noisy, but it's the only one. Inaki is kind and friendly, you can rely on him!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Pension Regal is great value place to stay. Rooms are small but for the price the facilities are excellent.
The bedlinen & room was cleaned and changed everyday. We'd a room to the back of the hostel with a small
balcony. The location is excellent, right beside Concha Beach, surrounded by shops, cafes,
a 10 minute stroll to old town and new town which had a much more chilled out vibe.

Inaki was a wonderful host who gave us tips on where to go to eat, socialise, tours etc. Free WiFi was an added bonus.

Room Tip: Room to the back will be less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pension Regil? Share your experiences!