“guide from Bilbao greeters” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for an unforgettable visit to Bilbao!Welcome to Eusko Greeters, a non-profit organization founded in 2011 that offers visitors a new form of alternative tourism and, in particular, a new welcoming policy based on voluntary participation. The main objective of this service is the cultural exchange, for the visitors and Greeters (locals). Eusko Greeters has already launched the Bilbao Greeters Program to provide the service, free of charge, in Bilbao and the surroundings. Donostia and Gasteiz programs will follow soon. Please register, via email, at least two weeks in advance of your arrival in Bilbao.
Sydney, Australia
“guide from Bilbao greeters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a delightful experence with a very knowledgable guide who made sure we appreciated the history, cuisine and geography of Bilbao . Well done! We have been touring Spain for over a month and Bilbao is defintely our favourite_

Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Bilbao greater was amazing! Olesa took me on a three hour tour, complete with pinxtos and coffee! She then offered to meet me later that night with her friends for a few outdoor concerts and drinks in Old Town. I traveled around Europe for a full month, and this was by far one of my best experiences. Anyone visiting Bilbao NEEDS to do this!

Sydney, Australia
“Spain at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have had an excellent day with the Greeter named Marivi- she was knowledgeable, experienced, attentive, and great company. Should I have not had an opportunity to be walked by the Greeter, I would have missed the depth and roots of this society and the atmosphere. I recommend such great service.

chicago, il
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be greeted by a Bilbao greeter that I am confident will continue to be a good friend. It was so nice to know a person who knows Bilbao & the surrounding area. She wanted me to have the best experiences possible and advised me on several things during my trip that made a big difference. Thank you very much for the cross cultural exchange & friendship.

Falkenberg, Sweden
10 attraction reviews
“Bilbao Greeters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this service from home through the internet. It is such a great way to meet local people and let them share their favourite places with visitors.
You meet someone from the city and you spend a few hours together with an ordinary person, not a tourguide or anything just somebody who is from that area.