“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Pizarra

La Pizarra
Juan de Ajuriaguerra 16 | Cerca del Guggenheim, Bilbao, Spain (Abando)
94 424 60 82
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #248 of 727 Restaurants in Bilbao
Cuisines: Basque
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Abando
Description: Bar-Restaurante familiar especializado en cocina tipica del Pais Vasco elaborada de forma casera. Platos de cuchara, raciones elaboradas con la receta de la abuela, cazuelitas, carne de calidad, reposteria artesanal casera.
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been told about this restaurant and I wanted to check out by myself. I really liked! Dishes are complet and, the menu varies and they have really good prices. Staff is very nice and the the location close to the Guggenheim musaum makes a very good option to have lunch , dinner, or either have a break with a good Pintxo!

I reallyy recomend this place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manchester
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews decided to try this eatery and stopped off for a pre-dinner drink around 6pm on a Weds evening to get a feel for the place. Staff seemed friendly enough & booked us in at 9pm. We returned at 9pm to a busy bar full of locals enjoying drinks & tapas. Waited to be seated in the restaurant but staff looked surprised & questioned this (ahora?), I suggested 10 minutes as they looked so busy but we were still waiting at 9.30! I eventually caught the barman's eye & he had a quiet word with the chef who was drinking at the bar with friends & seemed annoyed to be disturbed. We were finally seated in the back room which (although very pleasant) lacked atmosphere as we were the only customers. A Spanish couple were seated shortly after us & were served with starters before us! The waiter (and barman who booked us in) tried to influence my choice of main meal from risotto to a meat dish (I guess because we had inconvenienced the chef) & stupidly I went along with this & opted for the albondigas instead. My partner received his starter 20 minutes after mine arrived & even then it was disappointing (grilled king prawns with no sauce & little flavour). My starter was also very plain; a plate full of cheese....bread arrived 10 minutes later. Mains were not much better, plain seabass with half an undressed lettuce for garnish & unpleasant looking meatballs with a few chips thrown over the top. Can't help thinking that we were being penalised for not being local. Disappointed and would not recommend :-(

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Basque lunch in style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The menu del dia was Marmitako and Bacalao and flan. Very typical as they say. we thought the quality and the seasoning were good, not too salty. Craving salad, I had the ensalada with cetes, bacon and foie (instead of croutons?), a delicious combination I will remember. The special ingredients were warm when tossed with the lettuce to have a wilted effect which I am fond of. Basque wine, ripe melon for dessert and coffee to complete a pleasant dining experience. The service was friendly with just enough English to help us figure it all out.

Visited October 2012