“The best sidreria in Gijón” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Sidreria La Galana

Restaurante Sidreria La Galana
Plaza Mayor 10, 33201 Gijon, Spain (Cimadevilla)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 503 restaurants in Gijon
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Cimadevilla
London, United Kingdom
“The best sidreria in Gijón”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

As a restaurant, I can't comment, as I didn't eat there, but as a sidreria, there's no place that captures the fun nature (and slight insanity) of Asturian culture better than this place. It's fantastic! The bartenders go at a hell of a pace (and put on quite a show) to make sure your stay is enjoyable, the sidra itself is superb, and they are one of the few establishments we found to serve more than two different sidras. It was also cheap, which is a bonus, and perhaps the most appealing thing is that every night the place is rammed with locals and other Spanish nationals; it gets loud and messy but that's all part of the experience.

Great conversation, great sidra, great atmosphere, great service. It's no wonder we went back nearly every night!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Gijon, Spain
“Amazing, amazing, amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times since I moved to Gijon and it's by far my favourite! The solomillo (Steak) is the best I've ever tasted and very reasonable for the quality. They have a wide variety of seafood, local and meat dishes, so there's really something for everyone. The staff are extremely attentive and kind. The setting is also very traditional and cosy with the restaurant set around an old apple press with a large impressive fireplace. I've eaten here both at the weekend and mid-week and the quality of everything has always been top-notch. They also have English menus which is useful for non-Spanish speakers. The grilled octopus is heavenly as is the tuna with wasabi foam, but really, anything I've ever eaten here has been superb! GO!

Visited May 2013
“Very good food in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay; once at lunch and once at dinner. At lunch we shared a mixta (salad), a meat platter, and a cheese platter. It was all delicious, and was thoroughly enjoyed. We ate outside on the side porch. We ate dinner inside, and also enjoyed that very much. I would definitely return.

Visited April 2013
Gijon, Spain
“Delicious food in the cenre of Gijon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've eaten here a few times since coming to Gijon and can't say enough good things about it. The staff are friendly and welcoming and the food is outstanding. I've had both seafood and meat dishes and both were fantastic. Lots of choice and considering the size of the portions of food it's good value for money.

Visited August 2012
Paris, France
“Loved everything about it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We discovered this restaurant just walking by one evening after having settled into a nearby hotel. Had not even planned in stopping in Gijon on our road trip so it was a complete surprise discovery. The atmosphere of the restaurant immediately caught our eye. It is big, airy and lively yet cozy feeling at the same time due to the nice decor and warm colors. The service was friendly, helpful and efficient. The food was really excellent and the portions generous. I ordered a beef dish which was cooked to perfection. We unanimously agreed that we would not hesitate to return here again if ever we returned to Gijon!

Visited May 2012