“It was amazing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Rey Moro Hotel Boutique

You added El Rey Moro Hotel Boutique to your Saves list
El Rey Moro Hotel Boutique
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   c/ Lope de Rueda, 14 | Barrio de Santa Cruz, 41004 Seville, Spain (Casco Antiguo)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 173 Hotels in Seville
Toronto, Canada
“It was amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The El Rey Moro Hotel is a lovely and quaint place to stay in Seville. It is close to all the sites in the Old Quarter and there are many restuarants and bars in the alleys surrounding the hotel to choose from.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Beautiful hotel and great value. Located in the Santa Cruz district (beware of the windy streets and always take a map!) it was in a great location, close to all the action and great restaurants. The rooms were spacious (we upgraded to a superior room). Note the hotel is located above several bars/restaurants so you do get some noise, but we found it not too bad. The hotel offers wifi (strong signal unlike other hotels) and we rented their bikes for free (if you want to get outside the Santa Cruz district). Staff were also very helpful and lovely.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hotel is situated in a great location, a stone's throw away from the Cathedral, in a side street in the Santa Cruz neighborhood with lots of tapas and bars in the vicinity. It is only 10-15 mins. away from the Prado bus station where the Airport (EA line) bus terminates.

The hotel has character and charm, the rooms are a not very large but adequate and have all the amenities that one needs. There is free coffee, mineral watter and biscuits for breakfast or one can buy a 7 EUR voucher for a continental breakfast in the restaurant across the street.

The free WiFi internet connection was working great, and they have a small PC work station where I could print my boarding pass without any problems. The staff was very friendly and competent.

All in all the hotel offers great value for the money, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a week on our honeymoon in March 2010 and loved it.

In terms of location, this is a fantastic spot. Right in the middle of the amazingly charming Barrio de Santa Cruz. Couldn't possibly be a better spot... although after you've had a couple of glasses of sherry you might need some help finding your way back through the winding streets! (although this could be said about anywhere in this part of Seville).

The staff here are very friendly and we found it sad to say goodbye after our week's stay!

The rooms we had was on the small side, but not overly so and I'd describe it as comfortable and appropriate for what we needed.

I would highly recommend for someone looking for a friendly, comfortable, well priced and extremely well placed hotel in Seville.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I am a jaded traveler who has wandered the world. In Sevilla, one of my favorite cities, I stumbled upon the Rey Moro Hotel Boutique in the charming, historic Barrio de Sta. Cruz.
What a find! I ended up basing here for more than a month.

The entire friendly staff of this place was wonderful and attentive. The service was excellent throughout my stay. The amenities that you need and desire are all available. Those who work here reflect the caring owners. The rooms are tastefully appointed and spotelessly-clean. The patio is classically Andalusian in design. The restaurant is beautiful. As for the food, among the delicious choices are dishes that are Sevillian home-cooking at ts best.

Would I stay here again? I could easly move in. I felt that at home. I already miss the place, something rare in one who travels as much as I do. Go there. It is more than a hotel. You will be in of a warm, caring environment for your entire stay. Be seduced by Sevilla in the Rey Moro.

I GIVE EL REY MORO MY HIGHEST RATING

John Maone

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Lisbon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have stayed at the El Rey twice and tried to stay a third time. My non visit this past week prompted me to write this review.

We have stayed here principally because the hotel is clean, near a parking garage that we were familiar with, and proximate to tapas bars that we like. Things are ok - nothing particularly special, nothing particularly bad. It's not charming, but could be.

From my standpoint, the service has always been unattentive. Maybe you would get a greeting on the way in or out if you initiated. Again, nothing particularly special and certainly not awful.

When we walked in last week, the receptionist told us that the hotel was full for the night. Fair enough. We asked him if we could use the free wireless internet to look for another hotel. He said no, that the internet was only for guests of the hotel. When pressed, he stuck with the no. I suppose he did not know and certainly didn't seem to care that we had stayed before and were trying to stay again.

So after my two ok visits, plus my poor non visit, El Ray Moro is off my Sevilla list.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Alice Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in May 2010. The guys in reception were very helpful on check in. The room was very comfortable with a very well appointed and what looked like a recently renovated bathroom. But I would have to say that the bed was what sold us....I do not think I have slept in a better hotel bed. The complimentary small breakfast (serve yourself) in the courtyard was a nice touch. The hotel is very centrally located to tourist spots and lots of good restaurants. I would definently stay here again

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to El Rey Moro Hotel Boutique? Share your experiences!