“Great Hostel, Room, and Location!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Av. Menendez Pelayo, 13, 4100 Seville, Spain   |
Ranked #32 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Powell, Ohio, United States
“Great Hostel, Room, and Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My aunt and I spent 3 nights in a Twin Private Ensuite room and were very pleased with the room, bathroom, and beds. The room was much larger than we have experienced in other hostels for a private and the common areas were always very clean. The hostel does a great job of organizing events such as free walking tours, bar crawls, and tapas tours with a local tour company that we thoroughly enjoyed. The staff helped us book tickets to a Flamenco show and were very knowledgeable about specific venues, restaurants, and sites.

I would definitely stay at this property again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
Bangor, North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were greeted by a vivacious receptionist who gave us a map and explained the city's main points of interest, then showed us where we could lock our bikes on the roof terrace, a very welcoming start. We'd booked a room for the three of us at 70 euro per night but it faced the noisy main road and the aircon wasn't working the first night so we had to choose between stuffy or noisy.

We wanted to stay longer in Seville but would have had to stay in separate dorms so we booked somewhere else. Checkout was noon but they allowed people to store their luggage until 6pm. However, on the day of departure a different receptionist insisted that we'd have to move our bikes by noon even though they were tucked out of the way at the top of the building.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hostel is clean and there is no something broken. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. I just don't like the color of the room which are dominated by red and yellow so that it's not comfortable for sleep. And ya, the hostel is located in the center of Sevilla but the consequence is it's crowded even though at night so it might be disturb your sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The doors maybe open, but basically all you're allowed to do after midnight is sleep. This is an issue since it is Spain and I never ate before 9pm and never got back to the hostel before 1pm. The only wifi is in the lobby or kitchen & the only place with outlets to charge your devices is the kitchen which closed at midnight. Due to time zones, I needed to call at 2am when everyone was asleep & could hear me because the common area is open to the upper floors. Staff was great, but the place was not very clean & in disrepair. If the terrace & kitchen were kept open and had wifi throughout, I could overlook the unkempt building.

I felt like I had a curfew again at 38. I was assigned the top bunk for 5 days and the two days I had a roommate they placed them in the bunk below me rather than the other bed in the room. The beds were basic twins that served their purpose, but the bunks were very creaky. The shower was okay, but leaked water all over and the "towels" they provided were disgusting. My first towel was crusty and full of holes. The next was crusty and they left it there for 3 days. They only provide a light blanket which is not cleaned. You turn in your sheets, but they do not wash the blankets or provide covers for them. This is a gross practice.

When the kitchen is open, it is great. Fully equipped and even has tea, coffee & sugar provided. Outlets for your technology abound. It's the best room in the house. The terrace is pretty, but not comfortable. A good place to gather, but if we could hangout & check internet, more people would probably spend time there. Cushions would be a plus.

Again, great staff. Very helpful and always smiling- I can't say enough good things about them, but next time I'm in Sevilla, I will try another hostel.

Room Tip: The street side was a good view of city life, but very loud except between 4am-6am. I was able to re...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Choosing the Samay hostel was a great choice for our trip to Sevilla. Everything was extremely clean, the staff were very nice and helpful, and we loved the Flamenco performance they arranged (€14). We booked a 3-person apartment, which was in a separate building across the courtyard, meaning we didn't have wifi access in our room. Also, all the apartments share a hall bath, which was very clean. Our room didn't really have heating (I'm told that's typical for Sevilla though) but the staff told us we could have as many blankets as we wanted as it got pretty chilly. Overall, a good stay and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through Sevilla.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Out of all the hostels/hotels I stayed in while traveling in Spain this had the best beds, service, and a warn atmosphere. Had a great walking tour (thanks to Millie), and they gave us great tips on hiring bikes etc.

Room Tip: Double room was great had lots of room and a window.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was on my way to Portugal from Morocco. Doing a dry run for my backpacking in Europe come December. So i took the ferry, took the buses, did that whole thing. And so I was pooped when I got to Seville. I first stopped at La Raza??? Restaurant, then hopped on the C2 bus with the intentions of getting a bus to Lisbon. But I seriously too tired to rough it. So I went to O'Neils Irish Pub. And then went to NH next door to crash with someone who offered, that DID NOT go well. So I found Samay (Feet Up) online and it was perfect. All I needed was shower and wifi. They had both but seemed funky and cool and laid back. And sure enough when I pulled up they were all these things and even better! My Spanish had been buried under some intensive months of Arabic studies, so i must be honest and say i handed the phone to a stranger to make my reservation. :) But when I arrived Julia relieved me a bit and spoke English. Julia was very very thorough, fun, easy to get along with. I watched her with like 6 other customers and she was just super friendly. This was perfect for me because I was just so pooped (tired)! And what a wonderful way to be received so late at night!

Oh and another thing; I'm an avid cyclist and just wanted to ride a bike through Seville. And she had significant amount of info on how to do that! I ended up booking a double. Very very very pleased with the cleanliness, and decor. :) Reminded me of a comfy college room! The location is right nxt to the trolley and bars and quite central!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Samay Hostel Sevilla? Share your experiences!