“Great location and helpfull staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Samay Hostel Sevilla
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Av. Menendez Pelayo, 13, 4100 Seville, Spain   |
Ranked #35 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Adelaide, Australia
“Great location and helpfull staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Out of all the hostels/hotels I stayed in while traveling in Spain this had the best beds, service, and a warn atmosphere. Had a great walking tour (thanks to Millie), and they gave us great tips on hiring bikes etc.

Room Tip: Double room was great had lots of room and a window.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was on my way to Portugal from Morocco. Doing a dry run for my backpacking in Europe come December. So i took the ferry, took the buses, did that whole thing. And so I was pooped when I got to Seville. I first stopped at La Raza??? Restaurant, then hopped on the C2 bus with the intentions of getting a bus to Lisbon. But I seriously too tired to rough it. So I went to O'Neils Irish Pub. And then went to NH next door to crash with someone who offered, that DID NOT go well. So I found Samay (Feet Up) online and it was perfect. All I needed was shower and wifi. They had both but seemed funky and cool and laid back. And sure enough when I pulled up they were all these things and even better! My Spanish had been buried under some intensive months of Arabic studies, so i must be honest and say i handed the phone to a stranger to make my reservation. :) But when I arrived Julia relieved me a bit and spoke English. Julia was very very thorough, fun, easy to get along with. I watched her with like 6 other customers and she was just super friendly. This was perfect for me because I was just so pooped (tired)! And what a wonderful way to be received so late at night!

Oh and another thing; I'm an avid cyclist and just wanted to ride a bike through Seville. And she had significant amount of info on how to do that! I ended up booking a double. Very very very pleased with the cleanliness, and decor. :) Reminded me of a comfy college room! The location is right nxt to the trolley and bars and quite central!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Welcoming staff, many activities, good rooms and beds, always clean, well-provided self catering kitchen, and places to make new friends (the lounge room, the terrace).

Last but not least, very good location, just 1 minute from the Bairro Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Ask kindly by email to be put in a quiet room. There is a lot of noise coming from the avenue, but i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My first time visitng the city, the hostel was very good. The staff we welcome and spoke a variety of languages. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The location was good, on the outskirts of the old town meant that within 5 min walk you were in the middle of town.
Only downside was the breakfast, very uninsiping however when there was so much to do and eat in Sevilla it was not an issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Galway, Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hostel is very close to the bus station, however if you don't have a map of Seville and get your bearings, get a taxi! We were greeted by a lovely guy on reception, I think was Harvey or Pavel, can't remember which, but he could not have been nicer or more helpful. We paid for beds in a four bed dorm and were lucky enough to be on our own. Rooms were absolutely spotless as were the bathrooms and all areas of the building. A lovely rooftop terrace for smoking and chilling. Very central to all locations and right beside the circular bus route which is a great way to get around. There was always somebody on the reception and whoever it was, was always very friendly. We only got to stay for one night, which was unfortunate, however, we are planning to go back to Seville for a longer stay, and I will not even think about staying anywhere else. Fantastic place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Had a trip in Spain for 10 days and the first city I stayed was at Seville!! Arrived the airport at 11:30pm and took the airport bus to terminal station! Actually I was no idea where was I even I hold a map and the direction to the hostel!!
The hotel website said its very close to the bus station but it's not true....actually it's around 10-15 mins walk!

The hostel staff are very nice! The provided lots of suggestions for visiting !!

I love the lounge at the ground floor where the place u can use the computer, do your own things if u dun wanna disturb your roommates, or meet some new friends here! There are some files in the lounge which provided by the hostel, u can find lots of tips for visiting Seville like the bus timetable, bullfighting schedule, places for flemingco show...etc.

I stayed in a 4 female room with a private bathroom. The room and bathroom were very clean and specious! They clean the room everyday :)

The rooftop is great as well, but it was very cold and windy at night in May, I didn't stay long.

The hostel is very close to a famous bar for free flemingco, it's around 8 mins walk!

I do recommend this hostel ^^

• Stayed May 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in June with my partner. Stay was safe, fair and you get what you pay for.
Pros:
> Safe and clean hostel
> Roof top communal area
> Free walking tours were educational
> Close to old town seville
> Supermarket "Mas" was across the road
Cons:
> No aircon - unbearable in 35 degree heat
> Wifi was weak
> Bed bugs
> No amenities ie: kitchen

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Samay Hostel Sevilla? Share your experiences!