I liked the boutique feel of this hotel and the theme of simple, reliable internet connectivity + wifi + laptops included in the room. Everything was clean, and the staff was courteous and helpful in all regards (sightseeing tips, calling cabs, directions). The big sell here is being right in the thick of the labyrinth that is Santa Cruz. It may indeed be touristy but with a good guidebook and persistence you will stumble upon a lot of great tapacerías full of locals as well. Cabs can pick you up/drop off right on the door step for longer excursions. Nice selection of Spanish newspapers and television channels are included.
Most of our stay we had the 2nd floor room facing the Plaza. We thought this was great as the foot traffic was not enough to be disruptive at night, but at any time of day was enough to feel the activity in the surrounding plazas and streets. I am a fan of the church bells, you've been warned. Later on a return stay our room faced one of the small Sevillian alley streets (Calle de Federico Rubio) which was quieter, prob better to ask for this side if you want that. There is also a nice inside courtyard/lounge on the first floor with more laptops and seating, again conducive to us 'net connected folks.
One tip: don't bother with breakfast, just walk to one of the tapas/cafe places all around and spend much less.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Santa Cruz Hotel Seville
- Petit Palace Santa Cruz Seville
- Petit Palace Santa Cruz Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE HISTORIC CENTRE OF SEVILLE, NEAR THE CATHEDRAL, LA GIRALDA AND CITY HALL. FREE WIFI AND LAPTOP IN ALL ROOMS The Hotel is an ancient palace from XVI Century perfectly mixed with the highest technology and decoration. Also have two traditional courtyards to enjoy the quietness and natural light of Seville. The Petit Palace Santa Cruz is located in the Jewish Quarter, famous for its charm and small winding streets and close by the typical tapas bars and restaurants and the best shopping area in the city. Seville, situated on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, is famous for its Easter Week processions, April Fair, flamenco, bullfights, great nightlife and landmarks such as the Cathedral and the Giralda. The hotel offers the following FREE services: - Laptop in all rooms- WIFI connection in all rooms and communal zones.- Daily Press- Safety boxes (with capacity for a laptop)- Hydro-massage showers or bathtub in all rooms.- Information on local excursions, city maps, reservations for shows and restaurants.- Two internet points for public use.- Free bike rent (on availability)- Luggage room.- Cots and buggies for kids on request- Complementary bedding and food bowls for your pet- XXL rooms and King size beds on request. - Flat screen TV with TDT- Disabled facilities. - Openbar (coffee, tea, juices and mineral water) More information:- City centre, next to “El Corte Inglés” department store.- Public parking next to the hotel.- Show room for small meetings. The rooms are comfortable, functional and modern and adaptable to all your needs. The hotel is without a doubt, one of the best in its range from which to discover and enjoy Seville, whatever the intention for your trip may be; if you are travelling for business you will not find a better area connected by means of public transport. If you are travelling with children we can offer you are special “Family Rooms” with free cots available. If you are travelling with your pet, we will provide bedding and feeding bowls ( contact the hotel for special conditions regarding pets). You can also take advantage of our free bike rent, exclusively available for hotel guests.Our professional staff will be more than happy to help and advise you on the best restaurants, shopping, places of interest and whatever other necessity you may have. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Escapio, HostelBookers, Otel and Venere so you can book your Petit Palace Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.