“This hotel does not deserve to be ranked so high” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 174 Hotels in Seville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tromso, Norway
“This hotel does not deserve to be ranked so high”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The first flaw happened as I tried to confirm my four nights booking; their system told me that the price did not match the booking. Tried again and same message came. I called the hotel and the receptionist told me that she had no idea of what was going on with their website and that I could book for the same price trough the phone. I gave her my credit card details and confirmed the booking.
We arrived to the hotel Friday November 22nd and were given room number 12; a dark room in the first floor. The room was clean so I decided to give it a go. As I sat on the bed the back of the bed banged the wall making a terrible noise, tried to accommodate the bed in different positions but the noise was there every time one of us moved.
Then, while trying not to move, I read the welcome letter which encourages you to write on TripAdvisor or Trivago ONLY if you liked your say; if you did not like it, they kind of command you in the letter to write an email to the manager. I think this could be one of the reasons why this hotel keeps an undeserved high position on the ranking.
By 9 pm the noise of people partying at the lobby/reception bar (restaurant) started, and went-on until at least 12 at night (they watch also football there and scream a lot). Then at around 4am the noise of drunken gusts coming back to the hotel started, and went on until around 5 am.
Next morning we went for our included breakfast at around 9:30am and got the surprise that it was not a buffet; you have to choose from a menu which is printed in such way that you have to turn it around every time you want to read the next page.
Neither my wife nor me are the complaining type no least because we do not have time to hear long excuses with no action or amend, so we still thought that we would make the best out of it and just went walking the streets of Seville.
Saturday night the noise was even worse than Friday night and our one year old baby was awake until 12 at night. Then we decided that enough is enough and told the receptionist next morning that we would be staying only three and not four nights as booked. Of course we did not have the included breakfast next morning because the selection is poor, and as mentioned before; the menu cart is very annoying and confusing (as made so you would not want to order).
We left Monday November 25th and for me this was the end of the story (I am very busy when at work, and when on Holidays I try to remember the good and forget the bad and I have never written a review before this one).
The reason why I am writing this now is because my wife did write a review giving this hotel 2 as a rating and the owner of the hotel answered her in an extremely aggressive manner even implying that she was not a guest of his hotel and that she was possibly someone writing for the competition.
Well, this aggressive and intimidating answer from the owner giving readers the impression of that none of what my wife wrote was true cannot stay unanswered and that is why I like to reconfirm that:
It is impossible to stay one weekend in room number twelve going to bed at 9pm, as we who have a small bay did, without getting a lot of noise.
The manager answered my wife’s review BEFORE checking whether she was or not a real guest. I mean; how many guests from Tromso Norway had this hotel between November 22nd until November 25th? If he had asked his employees, he would have known that my wife WAS a real guest, but he did not showing lack of professionalism.
In this context it is my duty to give this hotel and its owner 1 as rating.
Kind regards,
Francisco Damm
Guest of room number 12 from 22nd to 25th November this year of 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Adriano Sevilla, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear guest;

As I'm reading your complain-comment, I'm really surprised because for us the opinion of our customers are simply vital to improve our skills and offer them something beyond that their expectations; I am really sorry if your wife and you felt about our answer like a rude or intimidating/aggressive because is not our way to treat anybody who is or have been guest in our hotel.

I really don't understand what happened the days that you were a guest in the hotel, and your complains about our services don't be not good at all for you. We have that position in the ranking because is product of our daily efforts and because our clients received more than they expected; we have bad experience about trolls of the competition and we handle to treat them in the best way, explaining and trying to put in facts what we are and we offer, just that. Is the best way to make to our guest feel their experience with us like home.

I'm sorry about your bad experience and give you our apologizes about the things that happened in your stay in our hotel.

My best and kindest regards.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
lincs UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visiting late November - we chose this hotel mainly because of its TA reviews & its locality, we were not dissappointed.We preferred a room that would be quiet, opting for an inner room to avoid street noise, As the temperature was about 16C - air conditioning was never going to be an issue - yes the room overlooked a small courtyard & was relatively dark - but we came to look at Seville! Comfortable beds.

Staff very pleasant & helpful and when we had a problem with a guest and his loud TV at 2.30am - it was dealt with promptly. As regards breakfast, which was fine once we got to grips with it - the booklet was simply confusing - perhaps a more simplified list of availability would be better for resident guests. Thanks to the hotel for the Cava

We enjoyed two great lunches & a tapas at a classy local restaurant with tapas bar some 50m left outside the front entrance - sorry don't know the name

Seville is a great city to visit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Adriano Sevilla, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear guest;

I want to thank you for take your time and write a review about our services and our hotel. First of all, let me tell you that it was an honor have you here as a guest at the hotel. And it's very important know that your stay was as you expected. This review help us to be better everyday and avoid the normal problems that happens in a sudden in every hotel in the whole world. As in your case of your room neighbor and the TV noise.

Thank you very much once again, and I hope to see you again in Seville.

Our very best regards.

Camas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Lovely, well maintained clean hotel with great staff. Price included breakfast, which was off their menu. 10 minute walk to cathedral, and 20 min. walk to Plaza de Espana. Many shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Adriano Sevilla, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear guest;

I really appreciate your comments and opinions about us and our services; was a really pleasure have you here with us, hope to see you again soon.

My very best and kindest regards.

Tromso, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Was very disappointed when I saw the room. First floor, dark, noisy. AC makes horrible noise - hard to get a good night sleep with that one. The double bed that we got was making noise every time you turn, mattress is uncomfortable and pillows are pretty flat. People at the café/breakfast place spoke bad english and instead of pancakes with jam I got pancakes with ham))) Got wrong directions from the reception stuff. The good thing of this hotel is location, you are close to evrything over there, but that does not make it a good hotel, does it?

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest;

First of all I want to thank you for your comments about us and about our services. All of them are always welcome.

About your complains, it's hard to believe that you were a customer in our hotel, if you are not satisfied with the room that we offer you, why don't ask for another?
it's really weird read that you heard noices, when all of our hotel rooms are soundproofed.
It's really weird also, that your mattress was unconfortable, because the ones that we have in everyroom are new and without springs.
As a frequent hotel guest, it's weird that you need something like extra pillows and didn't ask for them at the front desk.
About the pancakes with ham or jam, as a regular costumer it's really weird that you didn't complain for the plate that was served to you, and had something that you didn't ask, in a normal situation, the customer ask again for the dish that he ordered and don't eat a dish that was served.
About the english that our staff speaks, let me tell you that our staff speaks not only english, they are multilingual speakers, like french, italian, german, portugues and of course a perfect english.
For last, let me tell you just two things; it's weird again, that the only thing that was convinient to you was our location, and with this, I assume that this, is a review of a non customer at all, it's a completely troll that somebody we know wrote, and repeat the same things and complains but this time in english, the other ones were in spanish and italian but with the same history, all our services were awfull except the location. Weird, isn't?
It's really weird, that being a world traveller as you are (if you are I mean) and visited 104 cities worldwide you only have 3 or 4 hotels reviews, really really weird, Isn't?

Let me ask you something, did you were, a customer in our hotel?

I think that this is not a good way to be competitive with the other hotels in this area of Seville, we really know that we have economic crisis, but this is not the professional way to do business.

Best regards.

Owner.
Bolton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October 2013 for 2 nights. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. In making the reservation I communicated we were visiting on our honeymoon and when we arrived they upgraded us to a better room at no extra charge during a holiday weekend! The room was beautiful, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was huge, modern and clean. The hotel also provided us with a bottle of sparkling wine and a congratulations card in our room. This was very appreciated as we arrived on National Spain Day (we didn't know!) and it was very busy getting to the hotel and parking. The one criticism we had of the hotel is that it advertises parking but when you arrive a man speaking only Spanish accompanies you to direct you through some confusing streets in Seville to a parking garage where you may need to take a car elevator to another floor. We have since heard this is common in European cities but as Canadians it caused my husband some stress!
The hotel is perfectly located to enjoy walking historical Seville. it is steps from the Bullring and a short walk from the Cathedral and Alcazar. Take advantage of the Free Walking Tour that picks you up in the lobby of the hotel. Excellent and informative 2.5 hour walking tour!

Room Tip: if you have a rental car be aware the parking is not on site and may involve a tight fitting car ele...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Adriano Sevilla, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear customer;

I really appreciate your comments and opinions about the Hotel and the services that we offer to our guests and visitors; let me tell you, that was a really pleasure have you here, and in a way, make of your stay as you expected; it's a compromise with our clients give our special effort to make their holidays the best and let them try the Seville experience; in other way, for our hotel is an honor receive guests that are coming from countries far away and know that their stay with us was a pretty good one. We really hope see you once again in Seville and with this review help to other canadian citizen to come and visit the most beautiful city in Spain.

Sending you our best and kindest regards.

Claudio Millan
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a functional hotel in a great location. Staff are welcoming, the cafe is good and the rooms a decent size. Our family room had a good sized bathroom. It is by no means a special occasion hotel but for a couple of nights if you want good value in a great location you cannot really go wrong. They genuinely want you to have the best experience you can have and at 85 euros for a family room I am very happy.

Room Tip: The AC noise in our room was loud so worth checking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest;

Thank you very much for your review about us and our services; was a really pleasure have you here and your positive comments are really important, with them, we also improve our services and quality. Hope to see you soon again in Seville.

Best regards

Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

A very good experience from start to finish. We were contacted prior to arrival to see if we had any dietary requirements and welcomed on arrival. Hotel is in a very good position, very convenient for all sight-seeing and surrounded by Tapas bars. Our room was very comfortable with dual aspect floor to ceiling windows. There was a quiet buzz of street conversation from the bars around on Friday and Saturday nights which didn't keep us awake and was quite fun. The breakfast was excellent - plenty of choice and cooked to order, although the menu was a little confusing. Claudio and his staff were all extremely helpful and attentive. This boutique hotel is relatively small boutique and doesn't have the facilities of larger more corporate establishments but you will be looked after. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Our superior double was beautifully furnished and had a superb bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Adriano Sevilla, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Customer,

I appreciate your comments and opinions about our hotel and our services. For us it has been a pleasure to have you here and serve you as you well deserve, it is a pleasure also be able to receive British customers as they are important critics of our services and know that they have always been satisfied with the services that we offer.

Hope to see you again in Seville.

Owner

Been to Hotel Adriano Sevilla? Share your experiences!