2 comfortable nights in Junior Suite 'Rey San Fernando' - largely because the bed was divine to sleep on and it was a lovely room to be in. Only potential downside is that this room is very close to the busy road junction and so necessary to sleep with windows closed; not a problem as not very hot but presumably in summer you would need the AirCon on. Also no views of anything very interesting, but there is a terrace upstairs which is probably nice in summer.
Hotel is quirky and individual, with friendly and helpful staff; good breakfast (yes, delicious orange juice and do ask for the equally delicious scrambled egg).
My friend was in the room next door (Aben Baso), also nice but not such a good bathroom.
Its a fair walk into the centre, but the 'Alameda de Hercules' area is quite close, which contains, amongst others, the excellent 'Alijibe' tapas restaurant at no.76 - wonderful food (the best we had anywhere in Seville), and lovely garden terrace (especially if Jasmine is out).
- Also Known As:
- Alcoba Del Rey De Sevilla Hotel Seville
- Alcoba Del Rey De Sevilla Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andalusian legacy is still prevalent in Seville. Our hotel, Alcoba del Rey de Sevilla, is located next to the Basílica de la Macarena, which keeps the Virgin Mary of Macarena, in the same house where, according to the legend, the poet king of Seville Al-mutamid hid his impetuous love for the washerwoman Rumaykiyya from his father.To face modern life stress, in our hotel you will find peace, calm, serenity, tranquility, relax and rest for your body… and your soul.We invite you to time travel: go back to the Andalusian period, a time full of colors and emotions when Seville (Isbiliyya) was the cradle of Western and Eastern cultures, arts and scientific knowledge, thanks to the contact and fusion of three different cultures: Jewish, Muslims and Christians.You will be surprised by our colorful and impeccable decoration! But we have a bigger surprise for all of our guests. We are a hotel-boutique and every piece of furniture in the rooms and the hotel is on sale. You can buy pictures, lamps, headboards, canopy beds, chairs, curtains, bathroom fittings… everything you want! We are continuously innovating!A wonderful terrace with a Chill Out Lounge will make you enjoy spring and summer nights as well as you can have lovely sunbathings and freely use our outdoor jacuzzi.And the last surprise!!! The best tapas and andalusian food can be tasted in our restaurant, managed by our famous chef Rosita. She will personally serve you the best tapas you can ever eat ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Splendia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Alcoba del Rey de Sevilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.