“Hotel Nuevo Suizo - beware” 1 of 5 stars

Hostel Nuevo Suizo
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Azofaifo 7, en Calle Sierpes, 41004 Seville, Spain   |
Ranked #86 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Seville
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel Nuevo Suizo - beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We booked for this hotel and carefully selected it for its atmosphere and facilities as well as location. We paid in advance -as was insisted on - via booking.com, we even had further emails with the hotel confirming the booking and arrival arrangements. When we got there at 11 am on the day, we were told there had been a double booking and we had to go their 'siste' hotel nearby - this was a definitely lower level hotel. This seems a common scam from this company so do beware if booking this hotel - you may never get to stay there. We did report them to the locality, but don't expect anything to come of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Falls Church, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was traveling alone, and wanted a location within walking distance of the Cathedral and the Alcazar, etc. This was a good location.
They put me in a room next to the front desk where I could hear the receptionist clicking on the computer, the phone ringing, the man snoring in the room next to mine. It was horrible!
I also made a mistake when booking, and they charged me for two rooms for two nights. I thought this was unfair. I can see charging me double for one night, but they tore up my documentation before I could research the problem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Duesseldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The staff, particularly Diana (day shift), was very helpful. Great location, modest breakfast but free coffee and apples all day -- nice touch! It was also a luxury to have access to a free, fast computer. Room was clean (no view) but had AC and the bed was comfortable.

I was disappointed that the "free shuttle service" was only free from the airport/railway station to the hostel/pension, and that the last shuttle was at 6:00 p.m.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were a couple who stayed here for 3 nights. We were given the room on the roof which was good enough for the price we paid. If you are not good with stairs however this room would not have been ideal. The shower/bathroom was great! nothing more was needed, the bed was a little hard, and there may as well not have been a tv in the room as this was stuck to the wall too high up to be able to see anything. However having said this, we were happy with our stay, as we were looking for cheap accomodation somewhere in the centre and this is what we got. Also the breakfast isin't the greatest but it is good, cereal and toast, and coffee throughout the day if u want it. I thought this place was good for what we paid for and I would go back if I were going for a short stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The building and location are great, the staff friendly, helpful and multi lingual. However I had to move rooms due to cockroaches - one fell on my face and I had another in my shoe which was pretty unfortunate! I also had very little sleep for two of the three nights there, because of the cockroaches on one night and the other night because I was in a room next to the front door which meant I was party to all foyer noise (which continued until 3AM on Saturday night) and all noise outside the hotel - the windows of the room do not close properly. When I asked for compensation for this I was told that it was not possible because I had booked a non-refundable room deal! If I had known that this also included intimate cockroach-petting time and an extreme lack of sleep I may have chosen to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms 25 and 2 are duds - 25 has no internet and is perched on top of a dodgy staircase and also has...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Biggar, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed with my daughter and it was just as well there was a 3rd bed, otherwise we would have had nowhere to put our bags; the cupboard door was trapped behind a bed and a wall light! The room was cramped, dated and the beds were uncomfortable.We didn't fancy the look of breakfast in the tiny hallway so we ate in a cafe nearby. On the plus side, the water was hot, cleanliness OK, and as we were on the 2nd floor at the back it was quiet. Free wifi and computer were appreciated and the staff were friendly and helpful. Although tricky to find, the location is great and very near bus to train station. If it had been sunny we would have used the roof terrace. As it was Feria, availability was difficult and cost was skyhigh. Would we stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor - it's a bit quieter. Also if there are 2 of you ask for twin beds i...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hostel Nuevo Suizo? Share your experiences!