“Highly recommendable” 4 of 5 stars

Gloria, 7 | Barrio de Santa Cruz, 41004 Seville, Spain (Casco Antiguo)   |
Ranked #65 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Seville

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The best part of this Hosteria was the location and price. It took us a good hour to find it as it is buried deep in the Santa Cruz district in a little laneway between other little laneways that are all pedestrian only- no cars. The Santa Cruz area is charming and intriguing and would have to be the best place to stay in Seville.

Room was intersting, unusual floor plan, reasonbly comfortable. Only complaints is the bed could have been a little more comfy and the air conditioning was very noisy. Also the bathroom could have done with a good scrub. Clean enough though.

The staff very friendly but brush up on your Spanish. Breakfast very ordinary and a bit dull. Dry toast and jam, juice and coffee. I ended up buying some fruit from the one and only fruit shop I could find in Seville to suppliment my complimentary breakfast.

The Andilusian Style Hosteria has its charm, but I wouldn't advice eating in the restaurant unless you are njot so budget conscious. Expensive and I think there are much better places to eat for the money.

Good place to stay for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a great little hostel - very clean and tidy, towels and sheets changed daily (I stayed three nights) and very good value. You need to walk through the restaurant to get to the staircase up the rooms and there is very good soundproofing - I didn't hear a thing from downstairs, but I was there in February when the restaurant was pretty empty. The breakfast was basic, but fine I'd stay there again - it is close to everything and comfy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Franklin, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights here and while the location was unbeatable for its cost, the beds were horrible, the WiFi spotty and the heater faulty. The room felt cramped also. The first time, it was impossible to find this little hotel. We had to drag our luggage around until we found it. The location is great and hard to beat. Everything was a stone's throw away. We would have rather paid 10euros more per day for a more comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

My friend and I just spent three nights here in Sept. It was great for what we needed: location, clean, safe (just two girls traveling alone), cheap. All the sites are right within a few blocks, call sierpes is also not far for shopping. Staff was nice and friendly. Coming home late at night was not bad. There was construction outside our window, but it didn't get louder until around 11. Never ate at the restaurant, but would stay here again. About a €7 ride from the renfe station and €20 to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here with a girlfriend for three nights at the beginning of July 2011. It is a 10-15 minute walk from the bus stop for the airport bus and even less to the cathedral.
Located just off a quiet square and surrounded by a warren of bar and restaurant filled streets.
The hotel is pretty and quaint, with colourful beautiful tiling. The room all be it basic was a great size and the aircon worked a treat. The only downside I would say is that the shower cubicle was on the small side.
Male dominated in the way of staff but this didn't cause us any problems they were helpful polite and even let us in at 6am after a great night clubbing at Babliona!
We didn't eat at their restaurant so cannot comment on the food. The nearest to the hotel we ate was in the square at the opposite end from the hotel- the best paella on our trip.
All in all this was the perfect base to explore such a great city.
Best of all it was an absolute bargain!

• Stayed July 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This hotel impressed me as a family run friendly hotel. The staffs were very nice and helpful. The room was exactly as what was shown on the photos. Very Seville characteristic Ceramic tiles decorations. I dropped my small umbrella when I left the hotel and a staff picked it up and gave it back to me. This is not a hotel for those with very high expectations or not used to a family style hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Hosteria de Dona Lina? Share your experiences!