“Just what you need” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel Sevilla Forum by Marriott

You added AC Hotel Sevilla Forum by Marriott to your Saves list
AC Hotel Sevilla Forum by Marriott
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Luis Fuentes Bejarano 45, 41020 Seville, Spain (Formerly AC Santa Justa Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #129 of 174 Hotels in Seville
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Just what you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on business in September. I travel a lot and this hotel is different. What they have is a modern Hotel that has minimal staff and is run very efficiently, this means less service but more value. The lobby, rooms, common areas are all up to Marriot standards. The front desk staff are very courteous and efficient. I think Marriot has something here with an innovative
approach to Hotels that gives the
business traveller good value but nice surroundings. I would not come here if I
was on vacation but as a business traveller on my own this hotel is perfect.
Even if you're on vacation with your family this Hotel is a good location for the
airport just don't expect to be pampered.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
bordeaux
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Unfair that some reviews have criticised the location, it never claimed to be ideally situated for the city centre. But it is between the A4 and E5 highways, and an easy 5 minutes to the airport which is why we took it..
Our fourth-floor room was newly refurbished, with pleasant wooden floor finish and a bathroom in green marble with a wide, deep bath and a glass wash-basin and surround. Criticism - there are no spare electrical plugs, to charge my 'phone i had to unplug a lamp. The hotel was clean and quiet. Aircon was very efficient. Reception were pleasant and helpful - correctly suggested the best way to get into the city centre and be free to wander was to drive to the airport, park (€5) , and take the shuttle-bus for €2:60. The last stop on this is 5 mins walk through a park to the cathedral etc. We had to leave early so I cannot comment on breakfast, but the menu for the bar and the evening restaurant was the same, apparently rarely changes, and was adequate but not exciting. All in all a pleasant hotel for an overnight stay, it isn't meant for holiday visitors. We paid the lowest rate, €55, and it was well worth this. I might flinch though at the peak prices which were in three figures!

Room Tip: Higher floors have predictably better views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was almost going to give AC Hotel Sevilla Forum Marriott two stars but it can't help its location and I should've done a better job at researching before booking. I based my booking for my leisure Sevilla trip on others' reviews. I'm currently here and can tell you that it is not an easy walk to city center! And the bus ride is about 20 minutes but if you're in 90-degree heat like we are right now, it is not a pleasant ride.

The hotel is very close to the airport (about 7 minutes) with no traffic but it's still 28 euro (at least for us it was on a Saturday afternoon). The hotel is in a residential neighborhood and you can see it from the highway.

It looks bland from the outside, but the inside is pretty modern. Or trying to be. The lobby is very spacious with plenty of seating and free, decent wi-fi. Otherwise if you want it in your room, it's 12 euro/24 hours.

The drinks in your minibar are included in the price of the room, the rooms (we had two beds) are of a decent size, televisions are old tube types, no flat screens. Bathrooms are clean and modern with glass sink and a tub/shower combination, and a separate bidet. There wasn't any hair conditioner, only shampoo and body soap. The bar soap was like a golf ball. Whimsical, although I don't play golf so have no idea if is was an indication of good golf nearby? So knows, it's too freakin' hot to breathe outside, let alone play any sports.

A/C in room is pretty quiet and works great. You need your room key in the slot in order for everything to work. I'm all for energy conservation, but sanity is more important to me, so to keep the room cool while I was out, I just left another room key in the slot. The windows open and with them closed, the room is pretty quiet even though you're right next to the highway.

Breakfast buffet is available from 8-12 and is 10 euro/person plus tax. It was actually pretty good with your typical cold meats, breads, fruit and worth not having to go out searching for.

The front desk is virtually useless during the day. No one is particularly nice, but there was the nightshift woman who was there when we got in around 1 am who was very friendly and helpful. Otherwise the men don't seem to want to make an effort to help anything. We asked for directions to Tarifa and he didn't know and that was it. That's when I turned to the Tripadvisor forum. Thank goodness for that!

Bus to town is 1.30 euro/person. Bus stop is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Go out of the hotel, turn right, walk down and continue straight at turnaround/traffic circle, walk a bit more to the main street and turn right and you'll see the bus stop for #27. Take that until the end to get to city center. Last bus is 11 pm soil you want to cab it back, it might be about 5-10 euro, but the hotel is not easy to find for cabbies so ask the hotel to write down directions for you if you want to get back. The hotel is off any tourist map, so that's no help.

Pool is closed until summer even though all weather reports and my continuous perspiration indicate otherwise. So lame.

Don't stay here if you're a tourist. Decent hotel it and of itself, but only if you want to be close to SVQ airport or Santa Justa train station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We spent one night here last July and arrived with no prebooking. It was 65 euros for one night. The hotel had a small double bed, the bathroom was ok. We had been told it was near Santa Justa station but it was not within walking distance.
The hotel staff were helpful as we were on route to Madrid by train.
However the tea was undrinkable and the hotel needed a clean.
It was closer to the airport than Santa Justa station.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had booked this hotel because it was part of the Marriott chain. When I arrived for a 3 night stay i was ill from my prior weeks stay in Morocco. On the afternoon of the second day, I tried to call room service and no one answered. I went downstairs to the cafe and explained to the server that I was ill and was hoping to get some toast. I didn't think it would be a big deal but was told that I could not get plain toast. If i wanted toast I would have to order a plate with sliced ham and toast that cost 17.50 Euros. This was my only option so I ordered the 17.50 Euro toast. I found the general attitude at the hotel to be disinterested to the point where it seemed that I was bothering them. At check out they wanted to charge me 10 Euros a night for parking on the lot that was not secure (the gate was always open). Thankfully, i won that battle. The Pro's are that the hotel was very affordable for its class and that it was new and comfortable, The location is out near the airport, so if you are a tourist, this hotel is probably not the best bet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mainer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great value for a sleek, modern room with a separate sitting area and very comfy bed. Bathroom had glass sink and marble tiles. As other poster mentioned, from the outside the hotel is very plain, looks like a concrete rectangle. But inside it is updated and clean.

We only stayed one night, before our flight back home. Hotel is close to airport, but not in its flight path. We did not here any planes at all. We would stay again when using the airport.

The two minuses were: Internet wifi kept disconnecting, reconnecting required reentering an 11 digit code each time; it cut out 5 or 6 times. Not sure if this was temporary glitch with server, or happens all the time. Second issue was there were no outlets for that were conveniently located for charging electronics. We had to use outlet under the tv and an outlet in bathroom. Between the 2 of us we had 3 things that needed charging, so lack of outlets was very inconvenient. Most hotels today have outlets on base of lamps on night tables, and on or near desk. This had neither. Surprising design oversight for a modern hotel that looks to be very recently renovated and is tailored for the business traveler.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Avon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I agree with previous reviewers, the hotel is a bit out of the city, but convenient to the highways and the airport. It is obviously a business hotel, but we were able to take the bus into the city center from just a few blocks of away. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but well maintained.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to AC Hotel Sevilla Forum by Marriott? Share your experiences!