“Great location, nice rooms and lovely features” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Europa

Save Saved
You added Hotel Europa to your Saves list
Hotel Europa
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41001 | C/ Jimios, 5, 41001 Seville, Spain (Casco Antiguo)   |
Ranked #45 of 169 hotels in Seville
Soldeu, Andorra
“Great location, nice rooms and lovely features”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed here for three nights for a long weekend in early June. I had read several of the reviews before travelling, both positive and negative, so I was undecided what I would make of the place. Initially, it wasn't as straightforward as I'd hoped to find. Stupidly, I hadn't taken a map with me showing the location of the hotel, assuming that my TomTom would get me there, but unfortunately, the street that it is on isn't in my TomTom! However, I knew the general area it was in, so I wandered around a bit before popping my head into a neighbouring hotel and asking the way. I was only about two hundred metres away. The first impression of the hotel, on opening the door, is quite dramatic. The walls are covered in traditional Andalusian tiles and the reception area has a lovely little seating area. The staff were very efficient at booking us in and providing us with a room key.
The lift took us to our room and we opened the door to what can only be described as a hotel room! Nothing more, nothing less. It was perfectly spacious enough, with hanging space and drawers, plus a small fridge (previously a mini bar). The room and ensuite facilities were clean and tidy and the air conditioning had been set to a pleasant temperature.
There were tall doors leading onto a tiny balcony where we leaned each morning to take in the air. The hotel is on a narrow cobbled street, but it was always fairly busy with pedestrian traffic bustling to and from wherever. Not offensive noise, by any stretch; just everyday life going on. I found it quite soothing.
Location-wise, the hotel was excellent. There were a couple of small bars within stumbling distance and just round the corner was Sierra de Sevilla, a nice tapas restaurant. You could turn in either direction from the door and be at more restaurants and bars within two minutes. The main street with the cathedral is about a four minute stroll away. Much of Seville is in easy walking distance from this hotel. We walked from one end of the tourist map to the other in the few days we were there, stopping frequently to take a tapa and a cold glass of tinto del verano (red wine with gaseosa) along the way.
The only negative I would say about this hotel is that noise does travel between rooms. On our first morning, we had a young child in the adjacent room chattering away, apparently without breathing, from before 7am. He wasn't talking loudly, but it was enough to wake us. I can hardly mark the hotel down for this, though, since I have stayed in many pricier hotels and had exactly the same experience. We were lucky that it was only the one morning as they left that day.
Overall, much recommended. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I only have positive things to say about this hotel. The hotel has a nice Spanish decor and the location is perfect a few minutes away from the cathedral so everything is in walking distance. The staff are very nice, helpful and professional. Pedro was kind enough to call for me when I forgot my bag in a taxi, this was a great help since my Spanish is not fluent enough.

I stayed there for 2 weeks and found the hotel very quiet, very clean and perfectly situated. I had a small interior room which was affordable only 45 euros. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

There are many restaurants in the streets surrounding the hotel. My favourite is Enrique Becerra which in my opinion has some of the best tapas in Seville and is just across from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We actually stumbled upon this hotel while driving around the narrow winding streets of Seville. Rooms are small but clean. It is not the Ritz but you are not paying for it either! Great location to the Cathedral and other sites. Pedro was especially helpful in directing us to a great Flamenco place. He was very pleasant and helpful with all of our questions. Would recommend this place to anyone wanting a clean and affordable place to stay close to the action.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Charming traditional building, in a narrow street, handy for all Seville's central area. Lovely lobby and stairwell, simple rooms but comfortable enough. Good clean bathroom. Soundproofing between rooms is not good, but the receptionist succeeded in silencing the noisy man next door when I asked! Wifi did not work during my stay (I could connect to the hotel network but not to the internet).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I travels around Andalucia during 2 weeks, the Europa hotel was the worst hotel. Very noisy.
The room was so small and not clean enough.
One of the staff (the young man) was so impolite !
Very expensive. 60 euro per night !!

The only positive point is the location, it is close to everything . It 's almost in the heart of historical area .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ClaudioMillan, Owner at Hotel Europa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your comments about our hotel and our services they are very important to us. Based on what you say, maybe the date of your stay coincides with important dates in our city, that's why the price, we remind you that our prices are very competitive and the lowest price is always guaranteed. I regret what happened with our employee and ask you to apologize us.

Best and kindest regards.

Claudio Millán
Owner
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had a wonderful refreshing stay at the old world hotel close to the cathedral. Great front desk staff and classy rooms. On a quiet street between the bull ring and the cathedral.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was small and simple and clean. The window went out to an outdoor column of space (not large enough to be a courtyard, but large enough to let in some light).

Noise traveled easily in the hotel. The people upstairs were wearing heals and went to bed later & got up earlier than us, so we could hear the clopping of heals above us. Luckily most people were quiet or maybe there weren't many people there.

Only Spanish channels on the TV.

Overall, it was a decent nights sleep in a great location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!