Stayed here on my second trip to this hotel. booked two rooms on the galahotels website for five nights at a great rate. the rooms are on a par with Crowne Plaza/Hilton standard. Since my booking was for room only I tried to gain a concession from the hotel for complimentary breakfast given that this was my second visit and I also explained that I had recommended two other parties to stay there. However the only thing they offered was breakfast for 10 euro per person per day, hardly a bargain when you can buy a good breakfast at a nearby cafe for approx 4 euros.
Don't eat and drink in this hotel as it is much too expensive, bars nearby sell food and drink for around a third of the hotel prices. A real gem of a tapas bar a short walk away is the Avelino, try their food and the excellent Tinto Verano to drink. All at a fraction of the Hotel price. The Hotel is a comfortable place to say though the wifi was very slow. The other major problem they have (and I highlighted this in the review I wrote last year) is the fact that not enough sun loungers are available round the lovely pool. Most afternoons when we arrived the loungers were all taken and lying on your towel made you feel like a second class citizen and added some level of stress because you were continually watching to see when a bed would be free, and worrying that someone else would beat you to it. The hotel is in a good location just over a mile from the city and there are plenty of buses. I drove to Seville from Faro and found it an easy and convenient way to do a two centre break. I would return to this hotel but hope they address these outstanding issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the orange blossom capital This modern, light hotel, fully refurbished in 2005, emerges like an oasis in the orange blossom capital, amongst the gardens of the Heliopolis quarter and close to Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana. With 623 rooms, the Silken Al-Andalus Palace hotel stands out for its spacious facilities, irradiating light and freshness, inviting the guests to enjoy its more than 15,000 m2 of gardened areas, have a relaxing dip in its exclusive pool, rest in its spacious rooms with free Internet connection or enjoy a glass of wine in its piano bar with live music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Hotel
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Seville