We needed a hotel out of the city as we drove from Torrevieja for a few days via Granada.
Parking in the surrounding residential area was easy and we could see our car from our bedroom window.
We walked into the city on one day which was fine as we went through the park, which is lovely. Having toured The Alcazar, the walk back was exhausting!
On two other trips in we took cabs which were about 10 euros.
The breakfasts were brilliant - loads of choice, plenty of fresh fruit, cereals, cold meats, pastries etc. The hot food could have been a bit hotter, but was fine.
We had hoped to use the pool, but the weather was (unusually) dull and it rained! The pool looked lovely though.
Some people have mentioned the hotel being a 'bit tired' but we thought it was fine - absolutely excellent value for money, huge bed, lovely clean white linen and two proper pillows each! Air conditioning was good and quiet, plenty of hot water and lovely fresh towels.
We were lucky enough to see three concerts in the Biennal Flamenco festival and would thoroughly recommend a visit to the city when it is on (September 2014 is the next one). We booked through Gala Hotels.com which was the cheapest option - easy to book and print confirmation - would definitely use them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel is a modern, well-lit establishment with 623 rooms and renewed in 2006. It has good access from the centre of Seville, located among the gardens of Heliopolis district and near Maria Luis Park and its main square (Plaza de España). This Sevillian hotel makes it good for the guest to walk around its more than 15,000 m² garden surface, take a relaxing bath in its unique swimming-pool, rest in its spacious rooms with free connection to the Internet or taste a glass of wine in its snack bar.It is the only hotel in Spain that has a whole floor furnished and decorated by prestigious Victorio & Lucchino: 9 luxurious, exclusive suites to enjoy oneself, works of art, oriental furniture, plasma screen TVs, wood and glass baths, sound equipment and private check-in service which help create a deluxe, sophisticated atmosphere. This is a hotel which radiates light, is visitor sensitive, and offers all types of comforts, sophistication and exclusivity. It only takes 10 minutes to get to the hotel from the historical centre of Seville and there is easy access from the AVE (High Speed Train) station and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Hotel
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Seville