I've just spent a thoroughly enjoyable week at the Al Andalus in Seville and would recommend it as a relaxing base from which to explore the city. As many of the other reviews state its outside of the centre, but there is a regular bus service, which only costs 1,30 euros and takes about 15mins. Taxis cost about 8 euros. The area around the hotel is mainly residential, but the upside is that its quiet and the pool and gardens are lovely for relaxing - something you don't get in the city centre hotels. I guess it depends how long your staying for - if its a couple of days for sight seeing then this hotel is a bit far out. For a mixture of sight seeing, great nights out and relaxing by a pool, then its perfect.
As most other reviews, we found the breakfast very good with a wide range of foods. We ate one evening in the Italian restaurant in the hotel (not the standard buffet) and it was lovely.
The hotel and room decor is a little dated and the website images must be a few years old, but its basically good, clean and functional - its not luxury but great for the price. One thing to mention if you have long hair - the hair dryer in the bathroom is hopeless, so I'd take your own if you don't want to spend an hour drying your hair!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel is a modern, well-lit establishment with 623 rooms and renewed in 2006. It has good access from the centre of Seville, located among the gardens of Heliopolis district and near Maria Luis Park and its main square (Plaza de España). This Sevillian hotel makes it good for the guest to walk around its more than 15,000 m² garden surface, take a relaxing bath in its unique swimming-pool, rest in its spacious rooms with free connection to the Internet or taste a glass of wine in its snack bar.It is the only hotel in Spain that has a whole floor furnished and decorated by prestigious Victorio & Lucchino: 9 luxurious, exclusive suites to enjoy oneself, works of art, oriental furniture, plasma screen TVs, wood and glass baths, sound equipment and private check-in service which help create a deluxe, sophisticated atmosphere. This is a hotel which radiates light, is visitor sensitive, and offers all types of comforts, sophistication and exclusivity. It only takes 10 minutes to get to the hotel from the historical centre of Seville and there is easy access from the AVE (High Speed Train) station and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Hotel
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Seville