“A Seville food flamenco” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 141 Activities in Seville
More attraction details
Owner description: On our relaxed and casual tapas tours you can experience some of Sevilla’s best tapas bars and enjoy an excellent selection of tapas & wines. Lunchtime or evening tours are available, with all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go options. We offer several tapas tour routes, each focusing on a particular barrio (neighbourhood) and tailormade to suit your tastes. The usual duration is approximately 3 hours. Our Market & Tapas Tours will take you to two markets, one traditional and one modern, where we tell you all about the fresh fish, meats and produce on display, and of course sample some of the culinary delights along the way, then stopping at a market bar for seafood tapas. On our Flamenco & Tapas Tour you will see an hour-long flamenco performance before heading out for an evening of tapas.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
6 attraction reviews
“A Seville food flamenco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had interacted with shawn on twitter for a couple of months during which she patiently answered my questions on Seville and put me on to others for the rest of Spain. We landed up staying in the warm and pretty Hotel Amadeus based on Shawn's reco. A great choice

We finally met in person last evening as shawn took us on a tapas tour. Suddenly the world of tapas, which we so far were scratching at from the outside in madrid, began to have a meaning. In each place shawn told us about the history of then restaurants and of the owners who run them. She told us exactly what to order. So we ended up having some great food and got to hear the stories behind them...and that little joy of going to places where 'locals eat'

As we moved around with shawn it struck me that our evening with her was exactly the way I would want it to be if I was showing visitors around my favourite eating places in Mumbai and the people who bring them to us.

Later we got to meet her colleague, Peter, another seville enthusiast

Last evening was an evening where we got to see seville through the eye of someone who loves the city and is proud of it...through the angle of food...the best sort of evenings in my book

Visited January 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for leaving such a nice review! It's always fun meeting a "twitter pal" in person, and when the common interest is great food and wine then it's pretty much guaranteed to be an enjoyable experience. If I ever get to Mumbai I will definitely look you and K up. Meanwhile I'll keep following your wonderful food adventures.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
7 attraction reviews
“must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

in a city with too many options of tapas bars and restaurants, as well of flamenco shows, if you do not have anyone to take you to the right places, you may well end unsatisfied or having missed the great things even if in the right places.
Shawn and Peter will make your trip worth it. we did both the tapas and the flamenco+tapas tours and were very glad we did.
gave us tips on what to do and got us a reservation in a restaurant I think would never managed on my own, the Azoteca, which also highly reccomend (ate perhaps the best octopus of my life). when we left there may have been some 50 people standing.

Visited January 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Peter and I loved meeting you and your family, and I think it worked out nicely taking the Tapas Tour with me and the Flamenco & Tapas tour with Peter, mixing it up a bit. Thanks so much for the great review - we both really appreciate it.
Calgary
“A fab way to celebrate our 20th anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We booked our tour with Shawn after finding her recommendation on a now-defunct website for a hotel in Seville. Thanks to her, we definitely hit the Spanish equivalent of a home run. The hotel was wonderful and the tapas tour was a highlight of our time in Spain and Portugal. A fellow Canadian via Toronto and Winnipeg, Shawn's passion for tapas was evident the moment we met her. We visited three tapas places--all very different in style and offerings--and enjoyed every minute of each. Shawn's warm and friendly manner made us instantly feel at home--and her knowledge of what to try meant we were exposed to a variety of tastes, some of which we would not have picked ourselves. Even better, at the end of the evening she gave us a list of some her top tapas picks in the city and what to try at each. Thanks to her, we happily tapased our way around Seville for the next two days and weren't disappointed! We even managed to run into Shawn and her friends completely by accident on Epiphany Eve! Having lived in Seville for two decades, she has lots of insight into the city and the way of life and gave us helpful hints for planning the rest of our stay. If you're in Seville, you don't want to miss this tour. Trust me, picking your own tapas can be harder than it looks. It's much easier when you've been with a pro!

Visited January 2013
It's always great being a part of someone's holiday in Sevilla, and even more special to share a birthday or anniversary and help make it memorable. I really enjoyed our evening out and really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review here. Thanks guys!
Chicago !
“A tour for those who don't like tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

First, Shawn is lovely and has 20 years of experience to share. She gave us ideas of places to try as we continued on from Seville, checking in and making recommendations - so helpful and so caring. Second, the places were great - places we likely wouldn't have found on our own - and in all different styles and all different barrios. So, it was a great way to stroll the city, while asking questions, and taking in day to day life. No canned talks, no history lessons - Shawn would ask questions and then take it from there. Hostess is the perfect word. I eating experiences improved greatly after doing this. We plan to come back to Andalusia and will likely start in Seville, so we can do Shawn's tour first thing !

Visited December 2012
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Great comments like this really make my day - thank you! I do try to create a "hostess and guest" feeling rather than a "tour guide and client" one, and that often ends up feeling like "old friends", which is lovely. Some days it really does feel like I have the best job in the world. Looking forward to seeing you next time!
UK
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We visited Sevilla with my husband's family for his mum's 70th birthday. Our group ranged in age from 14 to 70, so finding things to do together and at the same pace was a bit tricky. We decided on the Gourmet Tapas Tour for our first full night in Sevilla and it was perfect! Shawn is a wonderful hostess and was able fit right in and cope with our family dynamics straight away! She really helped everyone be at ease and relax so we could enjoy. The palaces she took us to were wonderful and my sister-in-law went back to one of them four times while we were there!! I really recommend having a tour when you first arrive in Sevilla. Shawn will help you get your bearings and will have excellent recommendations for the rest of your stay. Thanks Shawn, you are a star!

Visited October 2012
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you, Ellen! That was definitely a fun night and it was great to see your mother in law enjoying her birthday tapas so much. Though I should probably point out the "auto correct" typo to my readers lest future guests are disappointed when I don't take them to palaces. ;-) I look forward to taking you and your husband on a Market & Tapas Tour next time you visit.