“tasty, clean & value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Mayfield, United Kingdom
“tasty, clean & value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We arrived in Seville very late & this was just around the corner from our hotel, we both had pasta with seafood both were delicious & much welcome as we were very hungry,The staff were friendly & at least one waiter had some English, we found out they opened for breakfast at 8.30 am, as our hotel was charging 15euros each for breakfast we decided to go here instead, I had the Tostada with tomato & jamon serano, my husband had Tostada with scrambled egg, both came with coffee of your choice both were 3.50 euros generous portions & all less & possibly tastier than one breakfast in a hotel. Be aware they close on Wednesdays

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Pizza Heaven for Celiacs near Alameda in Seville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I'd visited this restaurant several times before learning that they had a gluten free menu. I went for the SUPER friendly customer service, the scrambled egg breakfasts, the delicious decaf coffees, and their fast wifi. Today I stopped by for lunch and noticed a gluten free menu sign in their window. When I asked about it, they brought me out a new "Gluten Free" placemat and an entire menu full of gluten free pastas and pizzas. I thought the placemat was a cool idea! Made me feel like they had put extra thought into making celiacs feel a bit more special, and a bit less inconvenient.

Anyway, I had the vegetable pizza and the crust was incredible. Not sickeningly heavy like some gf crusts, just perfectly crunchy and fluffy like crust should be. The sauce was not my favorite, but who cares, I was eating pizza. (My bf loved the sauce, but he's English...)

After I was done eating, our server took me to the kitchen to show me their gluten free area, and I was amazed! They have an entire separate mini kitchen for gluten free cooking with its own utensils, dishes, countertops, and appliances. They're building out their menu now to include more items from their regular menu on their GF menu, not just pasta and pizza, but ravioli, etc.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bourne, United Kingdom
“gluten free at its best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

my coeliac boyfriend and i seen the restaurant on the internet and had to find it. the first night we went to find it was a wednesday night and we were starving, we were so disappointed though because the place was closed :( keep that in mind if you plan on going! the next day we went for lunch and they were opened from 1-4 pm then reopened at 8:30-i think 10:30. shane ordered a pizza and i ordered a non gf spag bol. shanes pizza was amazing, soo much cheese and a yummy tomato sauce, my spag bol was not reallly anything to write home about. our second visit we went for dinner. we shared a pizza with cured ham,gorgonzola, mozzarella and tomato sauce. im not a coeliac but it was the best pizza i have had in a longg longg time. we struggled to finish it though, would be interesting to see if we could have taken the rest home, but another waiter took the last little bit from our table so we could have the steak we ordered. 18€ for a sirloin piece that i dont know was not huge, butttt was cooked superbly and the vinagarette sauce was so yummy! lastly we had panacotta, the best is all i can say, i dint usually like it because of the milkiness but this one was super good. coeliacs can eat here no problem obviously it had a seperate kitchen and all the food comes out with a cover on it to stop cross contamination. no where else have i seen this done before. great atmosphere on the alameda de hercules strip, again great for people watching and the waiters are all very kind and hip :) coeliacs MUST visit!!!! :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montclair, New Jersey
“Gluten-free travelers MUST stop here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you are a gluten-free diner traveling through Spain, you HAVE to stop by Al Solito Posto. They have the most extensive (and awesome) practices to avoid cross-contamination and provide safe, GF food for diners that I’ve ever seen. Al lSolito Posto has a GF menu and a separate kitchen for GF food preparation (which my server was more than happy to show me!) All the GF food is prepared by a separate cook, and that person brings the GF food to your table under a plastic cover in order to avoid contamination! Seriously, this is something you have to see if you're used to American standards of GF food preparation. Our food was pretty good but nothing to write home about (although I had a really interesting appetizer: smoked Gouda with a honey dressing and a sun-dried tomato!) The real magic of this place is the special treatment and absolutely safe dining experience for GF diners. Must. See.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“lip smacking good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The restaurant on Calle Cuesta de Rosario was recommended by the helpful staff at the AC Marriott on Manuel Sirot. Not sure if is the same as the Hercules location. On a cozy plaza, it was clean and welcoming. For those who do not want to eat at 10 PM or later, they open at 8:30/20:30. But on to the really important part the food and service are outstanding. This is based on experience of thousands of meals eaten in Italy.

My husband and I shared several courses. First a fine CAPRESSE Salad that was generous for two. Then a dish called GUAZZETTO made of baby octopus in a tomato sauce with mussels and clams served with toasted bread. Don't let the "baby octopus" scare you off. My husband loves it, me...not so much. I ate the plentiful shrimp, mussels and baby clams. Dipping the bread in the tomato sauce reminded me of how it is so much like a Spanish version of cioppino. Then we shared a PIZZA with ham, mozzarella and mushrooms. All were just lip smacking good.

But was that enough??? Of course not! No profiterols rolls available last night so we had tiramisu. Wonderful. Like a true finish to an Italian meal, we had Lemoncella. When presented with the check., our waitress said the Lemoncella was on the house. Not sure if this is common practice or because the waitress and my husband shared talk of experiences in southern Italy where she spent her youth and he served in the US Air Force in the sixties, plus talk of all our experiences in northern Italy where her family now lives.

Total amount spent was Euro 51 which included an excellent chianti...see photo with capresse salad.

I would go there every time I visited Seville.

Bonus: Excellent English and menu includes accurate English descriptions.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
, Gerente at Al Solito Posto, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your criticism. we are happy to welcome back