Obviously, an expensive hotel, but generally worth it; note the following pros and cons. Despite the cons, would I stay again: Yes.
(1) Great location; in walking distance to most old town sites.
(2) Beautiful building and stunning rooms/bathrooms (unique combination of old and new).
(3) Attentive, but not over the top, staff.
(4) Spotless and great beds and furnishings.
(5) Fabulous rooftop deck, although I was told it was closing when I arrived (wasn't even 7pm yet).
(1) Noise issue, particularly in room on the lower floors that surround courtyard, including #41 and the one above it.
(2) Hard wood floors in unit above my room; could hear the lady come back every night at 2am--she also decided it was a good time to move furniture.
(3) Expensive breakfast--not worth 25 euros, particularly given the indifferent attitude of one breakfast room attendants (a female).
(4) In-room safe not secured to shelf or wall; someone could just remove it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AlmaSevilla-Hotel Palacio de Villapanés is located by the historic neighbourhood of Santa Cruz, and a short walk from the bustling city centre. It is a jewel that shines brilliantly, taking us back to the Mudejar period, uniquely important to the city’s history. It was originally built in the early years of the 18th century by Don Manuel López Pintado, the first Marquis of Torreblanca del Aljarafe. It has recently been refurbished, and today art, design and culture, as well as a decor tending towards the minimalist, enable guests to discover and enjoy a different Seville. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Palacio de Villapanes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.