“Best restaurant in Spain!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 1,608 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Brisbane, Australia
“Best restaurant in Spain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were recommended to eat at La Azotea by reception staff at our hotel, and what a great recommendation that was. The food was unbelievable. The small restaurant was absolutely packed and we were lucky to get a table without a booking!! By far the best food we ate in Spain, I could rave for hours about how amazing it was. Service was excellent also. I highly recommend this restaurant, but it would probably be wise to make a reservation!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Best tapas I had in spain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place came highly recommended and has 2 branches. I went to the original. The hotel person called for reservations for me but was told to just to walk in for lunch so that's what I did. By the time I walked over, it was about 2-3 pm so the place was full of Spaniards but I stood at the counter and ordered and when a chair opened up, took it without a fuss. The bartender gave me some very good olives to start (large, green and juicy, marinated in chili oil). I ordered off the daily specials - risotto with foie gras and stewed bull tail served in a small toasted sandwich with a glass of ?stewing liquid (like french onion soup). It was all very, very good though I don't know that I quite like the tendinous bite of the tail. The person who sat next to me was a American tourist from DC who had found this place via a Fodor's listing. She had tuna and the pork loin and said her dishes were excellent as well.
I think, in the future, I may have to switch from Lonely Planet/ Rough Guide traveling to Fodor's if they continue to have this kind of restaurant recommendations. All in all, a very good experience. The house red was the best wine I had the whole time I was in Spain and I had a great deal of wine through my 10 days there. It was also immense value. I only ended up paying around 30 euro.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a great recommendation from concierge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Busy modern take on tapas. Really great service in a n organised chaos. Food wonderful and great range of wines. Modern setting, small, busy with locals. Excellent bar staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, moderate wine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The tapas were elegantly crafted. My wife had 6 huge oysters which she said were amazing. We followed with a complimentary langoustine salad. The highlight was the tuna tataki which was the whole meal alone. Then the carpaccio on special guacamole was, well, special!
The wine was €3 a glass and ok. I wanted something as special as the food!

Visited July 2013
US
“wonderful modern take on tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Read the good reviews, had high expectations -- and they were exceeded! Eclectic menu: dishes we had included fresh cod with cream and parmesan gratin, organic tomatoes with burrata and greens, solomillo, and tuna sashimi (the last served with chopsticks and soy sauce!). Only one of six dishes did not thrill. They use wonderful sea salt flakes on several dishes, very wow. Service is excellent and friendly, food well-paced. Alas we did not save room for dessert. We would definitely repeat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere