“Excellent pizza restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Gondoliere - Martinez Campos

Il Gondoliere - Martinez Campos
Calle Martinez Campos, 24, 18002 Granada, Spain (Figares)
+34 958 251 834‎
Neighborhood: Figares
London
“Excellent pizza restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Really good value restaurant for the food and ambiance.
Looks like a smart upscale restaurant but the prices are very reasonable. Cheaper than a standard pizza chain restaurant in UK. Pizza was very nice and had huge range - about 60 pizza choices. Very good option if you want a change from Tapas.

• Visited June 2013

74% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Great Italian food in elegant ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very elegant Italian restaurant not far from the town center of Granada. Though I went there with a couple of friends, I though the place to be particularly suited for a romantic evening out. The atmosphere is very sophisticated and 'loungy', the service was helpful, polite, and competent, and the gnocchi with mushroom cream sauce I ordered were simply delicious. The prices are a bit steep for Granada standards, but not out of line.

• Visited September 2012
Oslo
“Good pizza and pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nicely decorated restaurant – Italian style of course. They have a huge selection of pasta and pizza. We had some of both. The pasta was fresh and tasted good and the pizza I had was large and didn’t disappoint me at all.

The guests were a mix of locals and tourist when we had lunch there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Forget the rest, go to the best! Reasonably priced too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Having had revolting tapas in one bar and walked out of a second "restaurant" we wandered around the city centre in despair. We came across Il Gondoliere and went in not even realising it was Italian cuisine. What a fabulous place, the food was the best Italian I've had including in Italy. Dear reader, do not torture yourself by traipsing around Granada, go here first. The service was attentive (we went on a Monday night so it was quiet, admittedly) and I wish I could give you a taste of the "Conchas Calabresas" - pasta shells with a vegetarian spicy tomato sauce - wonderful and not expensive at 9.5 Euros. My husband had spaghetti al forno (house speciality) and was also mightily impressed. Have a look at their web site; "gondoliere.com" to inspect the menu, a wide range of vegetarian dishes too - I'm not vegetarian by the way. The toilets were immaculate (I'd give them 6 stars if I could) and ladies, we all know if the toilets are clean the kitchens are too, don't we? These toilets had fresh rose petals scattered across the handbasin and the clean smell was lovely. Having been in a few well dodgy places I cannot extol the virtues too highly. Suitable for children if you can trust them with white linen tablecloths and are not of a nervous disposition.

• Visited October 2012
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Il Gondoliere Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After a few days of ploughing through a lot of bad tourist tapas my cravings for some great Italian food led us here. About 10 minutes walk from the main square of Plaza Nuevas where you will be bombarded with more overpriced and largely poor food- stay well clear of Oh La la where I got the worst mousaka in human history, straight out of a microwaved pack, disgusting, and paid 5 euro for a beer. Having struggled through the urine-soaked streets of Granada in 43 degree heat for several days ,(yes, they love their pooches!), Il Gondoliere's stunning rose-petal scented bathrooms, air-con and unique decor provided welcome relief. The candle-lit tables were romance-laden as we endeavouired to choose from a menu of 63 pizzas (I reccommend no.53!) and superb pasta dishes. The service was friendly and attentive, allowing enough privacy for total relaxation. Great food, largely enjoyed by the Spanish locals in this fantastic little enclave away from the hoards and over-priced food and beer. I thoroughly enjoyed the free cava given at the end of our meal and the house wine was delicious- we ended up going back on our last night. If you're on a budget then the bars around here can also offer drinks at around half the price you'll find closer to the Alhambra. Expect tp pay about 8 euros for a massive pizza. Brilliant find. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2012