“Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Navarro Ramos

Hostal Navarro Ramos
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Hostal Navarro Ramos
Save Saved
You added Hostal Navarro Ramos to your Saves list
Cuesta de Gomerez 21, 18009 Granada, Spain (Realejo - San Matias)   |
Ranked #24 of 92 Granada B&B and Inns
Cork
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very Clean and well located Pension. Situated half way up the Cuesta de Gomerez on the way to the Pomegranate Gate entrance to the Alhambra.
We drove to the Pension through the narrow streets of Granada to where the owner had organised overnight parking in a secure car park.
The Alhambra and Cathedral are within walking distance and there are numerous Restaurants and Tapas Bars in the area. We stayed two nights and went down the hill to a cafe for Breakfast each morning. Saturday night was a bit noisy in the Pension but Sunday was very quite.
Ask for a quite room. The owners were very friendly and helpful.
The only problem I had was that the mattress was too hard - but that's a personal preference!

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

A very comfortable hostal and clean place.A few minutes away from The Alhambra . I felt safe and cared for by the family who manage this hostal. It is near the Cathedral, Gypsy caves, Guitar shops,flamenco shows, tapas bars and numerous shops.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is great budget accommodation. It was cheap, clean and comfortable, and as a single female traveller I felt safe here. It's in a great location, just 30 secs walk off one of the main squares in Granada, so conveniently placed yet quiet, perfect. If you carry on walking up the hill you get the the alhambra, the main attraction in Granada. It's a family run business, although they don't speak much English and my Spanish extends to 'hello' and 'thank you' communicating the basics was no problem. They even helped me book my coach ticket back to the airport, when the one of the most unhelpful tourist offices i've ever encountered failed to be of assistance. It was kept very clean. I had a single room, which contained 2 single beds, a bedside table, two chairs and a sink, I shared a bathroom, however had no problem getting in whenever I needed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This review is only based on their reservation policy as despite my 2.00 pm. arrival i did not get past the front desk as they already had my reservation cancelled!! This was due to the fact that when I rung a few days earlier to confirm my email reservation, the lady casually enquired about my arrival time and when I said I should be early as I planned to be there the previous night (I had tried to book with them also but they had no beds available), she suggested a 12.00 noon arrival to which I agreed ok. There was no suggestion that this was a binding time in terms of holding my reservation, and having failed to find a bed in Granada on this busy puente weekend, i ended up staying the first night in Malaga and takking a bus out the folloowing morning, arriving at the pension at 2.00 in the afternoon, assuming there would still be no problem. However, i was told my reservation had been cancelled as I had no called ahead to warn of late arrival! Despite pleading my case in my best spanish there was nothing forthcoming and i had to take my chance on finding alternative accomodation on what was still the busy puente weekend. Besides thinking it ridiculous that one can turn up as early as 2.00 pm. to find their reservation cancelled, their whole attitude was very annoying, showing absolutely no sympathy for my plight or willingness to resolve (basically your problem, not ours). Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to visit Granada again but I'll be sterring well clear of this pension!!!

Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Murcia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is a very simple "hostal" in downtown Granada. It's located on Cuesta de Gomerez street, one of the three hills that lead you to La Alhambra... it's a 20-min walk from the hostal. Granada is full of Erasmus students and young people looking for fun, so streets may be noisy at night. However, our room in Navarro Ramos was really quiet. They clean the rooms every day, change towels and make the bed. It's not a 5 star hotel, it's just a simple place to stay for you to enjoy Granada. And price is fair!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

The Navarro Ramos budget hotel is the best value for money I've seen in a long time. The mattresses were comfortable, the place was sparkling clean and fully functional, there was an unlimited supply of hot water for the shower, and the staff was pleasant. Best of all, it lacked that unpleasant musty smell that seems to linger in cheap hotels.

The location is ideal--just a few blocks from the bus stop to the airport and the train station across the street from the Cathedral on the Gran Via de Colon, a twenty-minute walk to the gate of the Alhambra, just on the edge of the Albayzin (the picturesque hillside neighborhood that used to be the Islamic quarter. Or if you don't like walking up hills, the bus to the Alhambra stops at the foot of the street.

And, though it seems strange to wax lyrical about heating in southern Spain, it was lovely to come back to someplace warm after a day walking through the Alhambra in the 13C/55F drizzle. I got thoroughly chilled on a similar day in Seville, and came back to our hotel to find that heating is definitely optional in Andalucian hotels. I had to huddle in bed with my husband to warm up enough to go out for dinner, and our wet socks and shoes never dried in the three days we stayed there.

Luxury it ain't, but I would heartily recommend it. Spain isn't cheap any more, and the Hostal Navarro Ramos, at 24 euros/night (low season, shared bathroom) will definitely help you stretch your travel budget with little compromise on your part.

Stayed February 2007

Been to Hostal Navarro Ramos? Share your experiences!