I spent six nights at Puerta de Las Granadas in early February and was very happy with my stay there.Because I was spending a week in Granada I put quite a lot of thought into which hotel I would choose as I was paying for my accommodation in full in advance so I didn't want to have regrets given I was going to stay there for six nights.As has been mentioned in many reviews the location is excellent.It's located on a side street just off Plaza Nueva ,, less than a ten minute walk uphill to the Puerta Justicia(Gate of Justice),,one of the entrances to the Alhambra,,an entrance which is particularly convenient if you've booked/have your tickets in advance as it means you don't have to go to the main ticket office.The hotel is a minute walk down to the plaza where there are lots of eating places and tapas bars.I arrived late and it was great that the highly recommended Bodega Castaneda was only minutes away.Across the street from the hotel is Casa Del Arte Flamenco where I enjoyed a Flamenco performance one night.Because of its central location I was able to pop back to the hotel during the day if I needed to drop off purchases or get something from my room.Walking back to the hotel felt very safe at night,,,one night well after midnight walking back from another enjoyable flamenco performance at Pena La Plateria I was glad I had picked a hotel in such a safe and central location.
I was travelling solo ,,my only request was that my room be quiet at night.Ana ,the receptionist was very accommodating and helpful ,,gave me a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel,,It wasn't a priority for me to have a room with a view of the Alhambra,,It was very quiet at night,,,in general the hotels location was very quiet at night,,maybe it was the time of year and wintry weather ,,nobody was hanging about outside on the street at night.I had a double bed,the room wasn't very large as double rooms go but it was fine for me.The breakfast was okay ,,I could have eaten down in the plaza but if possible I always like not to have to go out for breakfast in the morning.I did like the idea that you can have tea or coffee anytime throughout the day and at night.It was nice to be able to have a quick cup of tea before heading out again in the evenings.Regarding tickets to the Alhambra I had booked my tickets(went for a night viewing too)with Ticketmaster and was delighted when Ana told me I could collect them at a shop just a few minutes walk from the hotel ,,it's a shop connected to the Alhambra selling all sorts of Alhambra related souvenirs.They have a machine in the shop and a counter where a helpful girl will show you what to do(just bring your credit/debit card),,you can also buy tickets there too.It was a very pleasant surprise that collecting my tickets was so simple ,easy and only a few minutes away from the hotel.Ana also mentioned in her emails to me prior to arriving that she too could get tickets for me if I hadn't already booked them.The hotel has two computers for guests which I used daily and helped me to plan my itinerary after Granada.
Finally I found the receptionists very friendly and helpful with lots of suggestions,,over the years I've stayed in many hotels and it's the receptionists manner/attitude that can leave you ultimately with a positive or negative memory of your stay there.Ana and the other receptionist there went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.,,on one occasion I had a problem buying a ticket for a Real Madrid game on a website and Ana helped me in making sure my payment went through and was successful.The staff at Puerta de Las Granadas helped make my week's stay in Granada a very enjoyable and memorable one,,Muchas Gracias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada