“Very pleased with my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Granada
ireland
“Very pleased with my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I spent six nights at Puerta de Las Granadas in early February and was very happy with my stay there.Because I was spending a week in Granada I put quite a lot of thought into which hotel I would choose as I was paying for my accommodation in full in advance so I didn't want to have regrets given I was going to stay there for six nights.As has been mentioned in many reviews the location is excellent.It's located on a side street just off Plaza Nueva ,, less than a ten minute walk uphill to the Puerta Justicia(Gate of Justice),,one of the entrances to the Alhambra,,an entrance which is particularly convenient if you've booked/have your tickets in advance as it means you don't have to go to the main ticket office.The hotel is a minute walk down to the plaza where there are lots of eating places and tapas bars.I arrived late and it was great that the highly recommended Bodega Castaneda was only minutes away.Across the street from the hotel is Casa Del Arte Flamenco where I enjoyed a Flamenco performance one night.Because of its central location I was able to pop back to the hotel during the day if I needed to drop off purchases or get something from my room.Walking back to the hotel felt very safe at night,,,one night well after midnight walking back from another enjoyable flamenco performance at Pena La Plateria I was glad I had picked a hotel in such a safe and central location.
I was travelling solo ,,my only request was that my room be quiet at night.Ana ,the receptionist was very accommodating and helpful ,,gave me a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel,,It wasn't a priority for me to have a room with a view of the Alhambra,,It was very quiet at night,,,in general the hotels location was very quiet at night,,maybe it was the time of year and wintry weather ,,nobody was hanging about outside on the street at night.I had a double bed,the room wasn't very large as double rooms go but it was fine for me.The breakfast was okay ,,I could have eaten down in the plaza but if possible I always like not to have to go out for breakfast in the morning.I did like the idea that you can have tea or coffee anytime throughout the day and at night.It was nice to be able to have a quick cup of tea before heading out again in the evenings.Regarding tickets to the Alhambra I had booked my tickets(went for a night viewing too)with Ticketmaster and was delighted when Ana told me I could collect them at a shop just a few minutes walk from the hotel ,,it's a shop connected to the Alhambra selling all sorts of Alhambra related souvenirs.They have a machine in the shop and a counter where a helpful girl will show you what to do(just bring your credit/debit card),,you can also buy tickets there too.It was a very pleasant surprise that collecting my tickets was so simple ,easy and only a few minutes away from the hotel.Ana also mentioned in her emails to me prior to arriving that she too could get tickets for me if I hadn't already booked them.The hotel has two computers for guests which I used daily and helped me to plan my itinerary after Granada.
Finally I found the receptionists very friendly and helpful with lots of suggestions,,over the years I've stayed in many hotels and it's the receptionists manner/attitude that can leave you ultimately with a positive or negative memory of your stay there.Ana and the other receptionist there went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.,,on one occasion I had a problem buying a ticket for a Real Madrid game on a website and Ana helped me in making sure my payment went through and was successful.The staff at Puerta de Las Granadas helped make my week's stay in Granada a very enjoyable and memorable one,,Muchas Gracias!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
PuertadeLasGranadas, Propietario at Puerta de Las Granadas, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your overwhelming opinion and for your recommendation. We can’t help but appreciate your point of view of our establishment. It is really very important for us to know that you enjoyed your long stay at our hotel and our city.

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Enfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed just two nights but had a great time in Granada. The staff at the hotel were very helpful both before we arrived and during our stay and there is generall a good feel to the place.The hotel is very simple, in an old building that has been completely refurbished to a good standard. The room we had was quite small but it was adequate with a comfortable bed and a decent bathroom with a good shower. There is a breakfast room (the help-yourself breakfast is nothing to get excited about, but there is ham, cheese, yoghurt, plenty of fruit, juice, tea/coffee etc). It is a nice touch that the hotel provides free teas/coffee all day. There is also an internet/computer area. Personally I recommend having breakfast at the cafe in the Plaza Nueva just down the road (on the corner of Calle Elvira). Also recommend tapas at Bar los Diamantes round the corner and at Bodega Castaneda in Calle Elvira. The Casa del Arte Flamenco just opposite the hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and recommendations.. We really appreciate your kind words and your opinion in TripAdvisor.

It is really very important for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our city and the best pleasure we can have is to know that we have managed to be helpful for you

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We loved our stay at the hotel puerta a de las granada. The staff provided quick accurate answers to all of our many questions. We highly recommend the Alhambra room (401)-lots of space, and a nice view of the Alhambra. We appreciated the hotel booking the time and dates at the Alhambra
that we requested. The only ever so slight problem was that the wifi worked only intermittently in our room. We must have been at the edge of the service because it worked great on the outdoor patio and in the internet room. We would love to return for another stay.

Room Tip: 401, the Alhambra Room was great. You have to walk up a flight of stairs after getting off the ele...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PuertadeLasGranadas, Propietario at Puerta de Las Granadas, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for your overwhelming opinion and for your recommendation. We can’t help but appreciate your point of view of our establishment, specially our Alhambra viewpoint Room (number 401). It is really very important for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our city.

We are also very grateful for your opinion about our Staff. They work everyday for our guests feel well cared and the best pleasure we can have is to know that we have managed to be helpful for you..

We are really sorry about the incident with Wi-Fi.. We were trying to figure the problem out, and we think it works correctly now

Best regards.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel is great except for the two rooms we had (302/303 at the back of the hotel, right next to the outdoor patio). The people at the desk are fantastic and so helpful and the location is perfect - we could not have asked for more. However, the room were so small as to be uncomfortable for two adults. I will say that in our prior 3 stops on this vacation (Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla), we rented apartments through AirBnb, so we were spoiled when it came to space. But these rooms were perhaps the smallest I have ever had and even though they were the cheapest in the hotel, they still cost us more than double what we had paid for AirBnb apartments in central areas. I think that from now on, we will start using AirBnb and VRBO exclusively.

Room Tip: pay more for what I assume are larger rooms at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PuertadeLasGranadas, Gerente at Puerta de Las Granadas, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your review in TripAdvisor.

Regarding the space in our rooms, we would like to inform you that our Hotel is a 19th century building, located in a highly protected area of the city (near the Alhambra). When restoring it, we had to respect the original areas and dimensions and adapt our rooms and facilities to City council regulations.

Likewise, we are very grateful for your opinion about our Staff and the best pleasure we can have is to know that we have managed to be helpful for you.

Best regards,
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Puerta de las Granadas. We had an Alhambra view room which had a great view and was very spacious. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Alhambra and other Granada attractions as well as restaurants. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful in making the most of our time in Granada. The room was nicely appointed and very clean. Good wifi.

Room Tip: Call add to find where to park -- the streets near the hotel are very narrow and there is no where a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PuertadeLasGranadas, Propietario at Puerta de Las Granadas, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for your overwhelming opinion and for your kind words. We can’t help but appreciate your point of view of our establishment. It is really very important for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, our Alhambra view point room, and our city.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The only reason I haven't given this lovely place 5 stars is that I want to warn other travelers about one thing: The beds are very, very firm, so if you're old like me or arthritic like my traveling companion, be prepared to sleep on what feels like a slab. That said, we loved this place. Our third-floor room was on the street, and the first night we stayed a party was going on below us. While I didn't sleep well, I very much enjoyed hearing the young granadinos celebrating beneath my window. I felt like I was really in Spain, in the midst of an actual Spanish party, and I figured I could sleep when I got home.
The two people with whom we interacted at the front desk were terrific. I had read on TripAdvisor before we came that the beds were hard, so I had e-mailed months in advance asking if anything could be done. I was told that an extra blanket could be put beneath my friend's sheet so as to soften her bed a bit. After our first night at the hotel, I talked with the woman at the desk, explaining that we hadn't slept much because of the firm mattresses. She offered to put more blankets on both our beds, and the second night we both slept somewhat more comfortably. Both she and the gentleman who worked the desk gave us excellent directions to wherever we wanted to go. The hotel also secured our Alhambra tickets for us, and that turned out just fine too. Because of our physical needs, we probably wouldn't stay at this place again, but for anyone who doesn't mind sleeping on a hard surface, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: I loved the view from our street-side window. It wasn't quiet at night, but it was fun!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your opinion in Tripadvisor. We are very grateful for your opinion about our Staff; which is very important to us, as they constitute one of our best assets.

We feel deeply sorry that the bed was not up to your wishes and liking. Our beds and mattresses are of good quality; however, after the comments and opinions of various customers, we have bought special mattress softening-covers to render them not hard and therefore much more comfortable for sleeping. Indeed, these types of mattress covers are not very common here in Spain, but we managed to achieve them and we regret that we did not have them when you stayed with us.

We believe that with these mattress covers our customers will sleep better with us now and enjoy much more their stay with us in Granada. So, we hope that in your next visit to Granada you stay with us again so that you can check it yourself. Still, we feel happy that amongst your discomfort, you enjoyed hearing the party that was being celebrated there.

Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very good and friendly service at the reception. Nice location. Remember to Call in advance for directions for parking! We had a nice room at the top floor with a nice view. Had a Lotte of good and valuable suggestions for restaurants and hos to organize our stay in Granada.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your so kind words. We can’t help but appreciate your point of view of our establishment. It is really very important for us to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our city.

We are also very grateful for your opinion about our Staff, and the best pleasure we can have is to know that we have managed to be helpful for you.

Best regards,

Been to Puerta de Las Granadas? Share your experiences!