“Honest and cheap” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Montecarlo Hotel Granada

You added Montecarlo Hotel Granada to your Saves list
Montecarlo Hotel Granada
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Acera Del Darro 44, 18005 Granada, Spain (Realejo - San Matias)   |
Ranked #108 of 129 Hotels in Granada
Juiz de Fora, MG
“Honest and cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Positive things: the hotel reception is very efficient and the location is very good.
Negative things: there is no fruit in the breakfast and the summer doesn`t have air conditioning, only fans. The internet is terrible.
The price is very honest. For those who doesn't want to pay much, it's a great option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Everything in the hotel was bad! Small rooms , no light in the bathroom , bathroom door didn't close properly ,the bathroom's window gives to another room's window , no air conditioning , no refrigerator.The Montecarlo Hotel Granada was the worst hotel I have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Paid €30/n. Building at least 50 years old and largely unrenovated. Rooms clean but otherwise not note worthy. Sleep quality was ok. Has lift. Wifi in lobby.

Service was spotty. Lady in the morning charming. Man at night sullen.

Thanks to info from other contributors, I tried the buffet breakfast (€6). It is at the Hotel Carmen, about 20m away. Great buffet (including various types of ham) and almost classic service with with waiters in white tunics.

Location is great. €6 by taxi from train station. Many places to eat. Granada is a small town.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here July 2010. We were coming from Malaga via bus. We took a city bus from the terminal and stopped right near the hotel. We got off the bus on a beautiful street - considering how the cheap the hotel was, I could not believe how great the location was!

Really, the location cannot be beat. Tons of bars, cafes, restaurants, and shops around. We walked almost everywhere from the hotel (we only took a cab when we went to the Alhambra) but we actually walked back at the end of the day.

Free wifi in the lobby is a perk, and I could actually pick it up sometimes in our room as well. Great balcony overlooking the street. Rooms aren't the best but what can you expect with such a deal? Each morning we were given vouchers for breakfast and we took them to a nicer hotel on the same block; I'm usually not one for European breakfasts, but this was amazing and a perfect way to start the day!

Recommended, especially as a budget alternative to a hostel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

You are not going to find a better priced hotel in such an amazing location in Granada. Most hostels aren't even this well-priced. I got my own room and private bathroom for only 5 euros more than I would have paid to sleep in a 6 person room in a nearby hostel. My only complaint is that there was no internet in the rooms, but since there was internet in the lobby it didn't make too much of a difference. The people who work in this hotel were great! It was my first day in the city, not to mention the day of the national strike, I was sleep-deprived and not feeling my best and they did everything possible to make my stay easy. Both concierges helped me find places to eat and things to do. The icing on the cake? I left something in the hotel that was very important to me and when I went back the next day, they had it waiting for me. Really awesome staff. Fabulous location! What more can you ask for?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Clapton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Clean, cheap, centrally situated, balconies with views to the mountains and to a main square and good service…a great option to meet Granada for 2 or 3 days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010 via mobile

This hotel is situated very centrally in Granada. The rooms are average with only Spanish tv, extremely small baths and our bathroom smelt but overall we have no complaints. Staff were friendly and eager to help.

My view is that Granada is a city of magic and charm and this hotel does not do it justice, so for that reason would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Montecarlo Hotel Granada? Share your experiences!