I am rating this property as very good mostly for its romantic and convenient location, the owner and stuff are very friendly, and despite some negatives described below - we had the best sleep (with the open windows) there and all Alhambra romantic atmosphere to ourselves after dark. I am very happy that we stayed there - we saved money on the room, but used the nearby Parador for breakfast, lunch and dinner (we stayed 2 nights and 2 days in Alhambra). However there are few things that are good to know about this property, especially if you are driving.
1. This hotel is located on the property of Alhambra with restricted access - and it doesn't have parking next to it. You will use the general Alhambra parking which is quite far away. However you can get to the hotel door in your car (with a proof that you live there) to unload your luggage. Ask hotel for explanations and directions how to get to it ahead of time.
2. There is no elevator and the staircase is quite steep to get big suitcases to the second floor. We actually left our suitcases in the car and just brought necessary clothes and toiletry in the backack.
3. The room was cute, but the bed was not even queen size, it was rather full size. Bad bedding, bad bad pillows.
4. There was no safe in the room, also air conditioner didn't work - however we didn't use it.
5. Suggest not to eat breakfast there (we had it once) - it comes from the fridge, not really freshly made and not plentiful. Go to the Parador next door - for 17 euro - you will be full until dinner. Dinner is also great at the same Parador.
6. If you have reserved tickets to Alhambra, you can pick them up the night before, and you cant start your tour from the steps of the hotel. You can also get the audio guide from the steps of the Charles V palace - 3 minutes from the hotel door. You can also have a rest in the middle of the day in your hotel room and recharge your camera - this was really awesome.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America Hotel Granada
- Hotel America Granada