“make sure you have a reservation” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Molinos
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Molinos 12, 18009 Granada, Spain   |
Ranked #40 of 128 hotels in Granada
bucharest
“make sure you have a reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I cannot say anything about the interior of this hotel - except for the lobby, because that's as far as I got. I booked a room for one night in October, and as I like to plan ahead, I made the reservation through booking.com in July. Well, the moment we got there, in the evening, we were informed that they hadn't got the notification regarding our booking until a day before our arrival. Everything around was full, so they "upgraded" us to a 2 star hotel - Elena Maria (which I would have never chosen in my life if I had had that option). The reason we were interested in Molinos was its rating and its proximity to Alhambra. We had a double ticket to visit it - from 10 PM that night and the next morning so we wanted to walk to it, after we had some time to rest. Elena Maria is a very basic 2 star hotel, at least a mile away, and located in an area currently under construction, so we lost a lot of time getting there by car because of various restrictions and one-way streets.
Of course the receptionist at Molinos apologized, but i found little satisfaction in that!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The narrowest hotel in the country (or maybe the world), apparently and the rooms can feel a bit cramped because of it. Nevertheless, they are comfortable with decent air-conditioning and nice bathrooms. The hotel is located at the bottom of the hill on which the Alhambra sits so it's fairly accessible. 10 minute walk to the Cathedral etc, so fairly central, all told. Also some nice bars in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Perfectly located little hotel, beautifully refurbished modern rooms in the main building - the annexe rooms are a little poky, but they are quiet & there is a lift. We didn't have breakfast
but the friendly staff did offer milk to have with our own drinks. Its value for money would be hard to beat.
The little local bus for the Alhambra is just a few steps from the front door - and that too is a bargain. The parking facility is nearby and though a little tight for big cars, its great to have it available. There are plenty of little food shops and restaurants nearby and an easy walk to all the attractions in this vibrant city.

We enjoyed our stay (1 night in the annexe and another in the main Hotel building) and we would gladly recommend the Molinos to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Granada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Fantastic room, great location, great service! We'll recommend it to our friends and family!
Nearby the centre and the famous Alhambra.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Totland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

A very stylish little hotel in a brilliant location in Granada, perfect for visiting the Alhambra, cathedral etc. You can walk to the centre of town in five minutes. It has a private locked garage for guests which is a real bonus. The staff were so helpful, and spoke good English. They went out of their way to help us find our way around and gave us a map with everything marked. We had booked a family room for us and our three children but found it was actually a suite, with a full kitchen, incredible shower, sitting room with TV, and lovely cool air conditioning. Amazing value for money, we couldn't believe how cheap it was. Breakfast was fairly basic, but overall I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

New Build. Stylish and Clean. Central.

The room we stayed in was small, but it was very comfortable, packed with amenities and tastefully decorated. A very clean and cheerful hotel. Extremely helpful staff.
Centrally located – at the foothills of the Alhambra. The bus stop (to catch bus to Alhambra) is 100 meters away.
There is a grocery and bakery next door.
Value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I paid 35 Euro for the night for single room. I did not have high expectation since I only paid so little but I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room when I arrived. The room is small but looks new. They have LED lightings. The bed is comfortable and new. I have a flat screen TV in my room, and the private bathroom is small but very clean and nicely done. Everything works perfectly, the Air con, the TV and WIFI although I have to say that it only gives me 1 or 2 bars ( out of 3 in my iphone) in my room but it is good enough to look up emails and catch up on news. They also have one PC in the dining area which you can use for free. Overall, I am very very happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on 1st floor. I believe it would have better WIFI connection.