“tapas treats and treasures” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Book a tapa tour (private or mixed) and discover so much more than just food and drink! You will be taken to typical bars and sample the real side of Granada. We can accommodate groups from 2 to 50!
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“tapas treats and treasures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

now the christmas rush is over, i must recommend this tour from our recent travels in Spain. such a fun way to discover some hidden bars of the main streets, delicious tapas and great wine....We booked at last minute and Gayle was not available and we were lucky to have Brook who was a generous, knowledgeable and engaging host. He took us to some character filled bars and we talked all night...in fact he could out talk me! was enjoying myself so much I did not even note where the bars were...so everyone must take this tour. Great value and fun for all ages.

jo and rowley from Melbourne, Australia

Visited November 2012
Gayle M, Owner at Granada Tapas Private Tours, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you Jo and Rowley for your kind words, Brook will be pleased as punch!

Granada, Spain
“Wonderful tour with great tapas.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am studying in Granada just now and I decided to do this tour as a treat when my boyfriend came to visit. I am very glad that I did as it was a truly wonderful evening. Gayle took us round different tapas bars, none of which I would have found myself. It was a perfect mix of history and fun, we both learnt a lot about Granada while having lovely food and good wine/beer. I can not recommend this enough, it was fantastic!

Visited November 2012
Gayle M, Owner at Granada Tapas Private Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you Cat, it was lovely to have a night folks from my home town in Scotland!
Szeged, Hungary
“The best way to be introduced to Granada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Gayle was wonderful to accommodate us for a last minute tapas tour reservation, her correspondents was both quick and courteous. She explained that her colleague Brook would be our guide. Brook met with my boyfriend and I in the center of Granada. He was so kind to take us through the Spanish streets and share some historical background to bring the buildings we passed to life. The tapas bars we visited were all unique and well chosen. The drinks and food were delicious, but the company also enhanced our trip in Andalucia. Brook is a very knowledgeable tour guide, and is extremely easy to get along with. He was happy to answer all our questions, and there was never a dull moment listening to his fun facts about Granada. After our tour, we felt like we made a new friend. He was so kind to keep in touch the rest of our stay in Granada, continuing to give us recommendations for the Arab bath and an amazing flamenco show. I would not hesitate to recommend him if you plan a trip to Granada. The Alhambra, a flamenco show, and this tapas tour are definitely a must!

Visited November 2012
Brook is indeed an asset to my tapa team! Glad you both enjoyed yourselves! Best wishes, Gayle
Kingscote, Australia
“Loads of fun through Southern Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our group was fortunate to have Gayle as our guide for several days in Southern Spain - her historical knowledge of the area was huge and she has the most entertaining way of getting it over - the group became entranced by a king called Peter the fat (along with many other aptly names characters) and their many questionable activities. Beautiful Spain is a joy to visit but Gayle added another dimension that made it sparkle - and she certainly knows her way around the best foodie spots. Delicious and entertaining. Gayle is up there with the best guides I have ever had - thank you.

Visited October 2012
Linda, thank you very much for your kind words. I will get down to Australia one day and have a reunion with everyone who has come through Andalucía with me over the last 3 years. Take care, Gayle
“Great introduction to Granada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Four of us traveling from Australia in October started our week long visit in Granada with a lunch time tapas tour. Gayle's colleague Brook took us on a walking tour around this amazing city. Brook's knowledge of Granada and its history was impressive, and he kept us entertained while guiding us around some of the city's tapas bars that tourists wouldn't normally visit. Venues, food, drink and the company of Brook gave us a memorable start to our week in Granada. Don't miss this tour when visiting this amazing city.

Very nice to have bumped into you (twice!) while in Granada and delighted to know that Brook was a great help to you. Best wishes, Gayle