“Absolutely loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 127 Hotels in Granada
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Absolutely loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Even though the location is not very central and we had trouble finding an ATM nearby, it is a wonderful hotel! We usually took a cab to the centre of Granada and it was not very expensive. The location is quiet, which is good. Service was perfect; the people are positive and always ready to help. The rooms were big and had everything you could need, and so were the bathrooms. I liked the spa centre and the small hotel café a lot. I will definitely choose this hotel again on my next stay in Granada!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Granada Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guests,
First of all thank you for your comments, because it is the best way to learn about the experiences of our guests during your holiday.
We stay in your entire disposal and hope that you return to visit us in other occasions, meanwhile we will continue working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along their holiday in our establishment.
We once again thank you and are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments.

Best Regards

Manager Senator Granada Spa Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am back from my five day stay at this hotel and I enjoyed it very much. First of all the hotel is located right across from the Palacio de Congresos; it's a huge building where they hold their big expos and conference centers. This means that whether you want to take a bus, the metro, or a taxi, it's all within one block of the hotel. Buses #1 and #3 bring you right in front of the Cathedral and the royal chapel. In fact if you take the airport bus into the city from Granada Airport, it is the last bus stop and only two blocks away from the hotel and you only pay 3 euros. Because it's near the Palacio, the hotel is located at the edge of the city center (meaning it's a very doable 15-minute walk to the Gran Via). Also, the hotel is by the Rio Genil and situated in a residential area; you don't have to worry about noise and you can enjoy a very nice walk.

As for the room, it is like a couple of other Spanish hotels I've stayed. There is no carpeting and the rooms are on the small side, compared to an American hotel room. My room was an economic double and it would have been tight for two people, I think European hotel rooms are just smaller. However, it does come with all the amenities. They have a small fridge, easy-to-operate safe, tea and coffee making stuff, a modern bathroom including a bidet, 20-inch flat screen TV, and comfortable bed. They encourage being eco-friendly so they won't replace your towels if you hang them on a hook.

They have a wonderful Acquaplaya, which is a circuit of pools, sauna, turkish steam room, etc. and use of the facilities are included for hotel guests. You have to reserve a time to use it. If you don't make use of these facilities you are losing out. At the end of a long day, walking around sightseeing, it was refreshing to go to the Acquaplaya and enjoy all types of pools where you can have a citrus soak, then a waterfall on your shoulders to relax you, followed by a soak in the jacuzzi, then to really wake up you blood cells leap into cold then hot plunge pools. Or you can just swim in the regular swimming pool; you can take your pick. Bring your own flip flops, if you don't have a pair, there is a Chinese-run store not far from El Corte Ingles (their version of Macy's) on Acera del Darro where you can buy not only cheap flip flops but also an adapter for your powercords (the store is named Wen Zhou Fashions).

The hotel also has a breakfast buffet where you can get an American-style hot breakfast of either bacon or sausage with eggs or you can go the Spanish way with a many types of deli meats and cheeses and plenty of different types of rolls and croissants, fresh fruit and various juices. All for only 9 euros! The best thing is that they have a Nespresso machine so you can have a superb coffee (or two, even three).

I enjoyed my stay here. My Spanish-speaking skills are poor but the front desk staff was able to overcome it and were friendly and helpful. They also have water and juice near the front desk, which was great to have at the end of the day. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Granada Spa Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your comments, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

Best regards

Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Firstly I must say that playa senator hotels are pretty much all the same…..the rooms….the style…the colorful decor…..take a quick look at their website or the photos on here and you'll see what the style is like…..it is bright and colorful….the rooms are functional…. clean….. comfortable…. laminate flooring….tea/coffee facilities…good beds and pillows….etc. but certainly not modern…but not being modern is not a bad thing….they know their market and they offer great value for money!

With this Granada hotel, the breakfast was great…the underground parking was useful….it was easy to find with a satnav….a short walk into town…great spa.(only 15 euros or so per person) and very friendly helpful staff!

We will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Best regards,

Wroclaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I spend few nights in a singleroom. Rooms were well equipped (I liked idea of electric kettle in a room, fridge, safe), breakfest nice and stuff helpfull. I expected maybe a little bit more space in a room, I think the room size is much lower than average in 4* hotels, it was the smallest one I've been. More free space were in bathroom (which is a plus for a bathroom). I didn't use SPA at all, I've been once in cafeteria and I regret I didn't spend 5 minutes to get to closest tapas bar. Beer and wine was as in every bar, but the most expensive I've had in Granada. And just some chips as tapas.

But still It was just normal 4* hotel to rate it 4/5. But when I was packing I've looked under my bed to see If i didn't left anything and... there was 1cm layer of dust, really dirty and dissapointing. It should not happend in 4* hotel and that why I'm giving just 3/5 and I was even thining about 2/5.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Granada Spa Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
We will have very much in mind your impressions and we will work to improve these points marked so that in the next visit your perception of the product received is entirely s We regret not covering your expectations and we will be delighted if you offer us the opportunity to return to have you back in any of our establishments.

Best Regards

Manager Senator Granada spa Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has a very relaxed and space filled feeling to it. Staff are very friendly. I travelled to Granada with two teenage daughters and found hotel ideal. My room (single) was a little small but comfortable . A little outdated but that's not to take away from the general condition .Gym was small but great to have it. We didn't use the spa. Location to places of interest was ideal. Alhambra was 20min brisk walk, taxi back due to rain was only €5. I would be inclined to try a different hotel with more modern feel next time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Best Regards,

Constancia, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was using the SPA in SENATOR hotel near the congress Palace in Granada and i have to share that´s really a good SPA, with many facilities, clean and realy good price for outcomers (15€ person).

Than i have the opportunity to stay in the Cafetaria and Restaurante, and i was totaly satisfied with the quality of the service, the food and the price.

SENATOR are well located in the city centre, in front of congress palace, near the ciences park... high recommend this place for business or vocations!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Granada Spa Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please Know that it is our aim that you spend the best days of your holidays with us and this is what we are working for and trying to improve every day.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at where there's no auto access so you must walk and carry your bags up lots of concrete steps to the plaza. It's not in a good location and not near any of the main points of interest. The front desk staff are very nice and the breakfast was okay but the hallway carpeting was dirty and the public areas were very unappealing. The bed was very uncomfortable and sagging. I stayed here as part of a tour of Andalucia but I definitely would not recommend choosing the hotel if there are other options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Granada Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all what it could have been.

We regret that the location of our establishment has not been your total satisfaction, as well as the layout and decoration of the public areas of our hotel. We do not understand your comment about the carpeted floor of the Hall since the hotel does not have carpeted floor anywhere in the facility.

Gerente Senator Granada Spa Hotel

Been to Senator Granada Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!