“ALMOST perfect.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Princesa Solar

You added Hotel Princesa Solar to your Saves list
Hotel Princesa Solar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Carlota Alessandri 94 | La Carihuela, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #40 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
“ALMOST perfect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed here for a week half board. The rooms were basic but comfortable, the pool and poolside area was great! With 3 hot tub/Jacuzzi's who could complain? The staff were mostly friendly and very helpful. 3 of the nights we were there they had on entertainment which was Spanish singers, I dont speak Spanish myself but still thoroughly enjoyed this added extra.

Now the downside - The food served in the canteen was a bit of a let down. We managed to find something most days but on the last day my partner chose 2 boiled eggs for his breakfast only to break in to them and find them to be rancid. I reported this to one of the members of staff and asked him to smell it but he refused and didn't say a word simply took the plate away. I would still recommend you stay at the hotel though and you will enjoy your stay just be weary of the eggs!

The food served in the snack bar is amazing and they serve the biggest burger ever.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I loved my stay at this hotel.
The whole hotel is immaculately kept, the beds were comfy, the AC was a blessing, and the staff are exceptionally friendly.
The pool area is excellent with three spa tubs as well as the swimming pool. Lovely to lie in with the hot Spanish sun shining on your face - a place of peace and tranquility.
We know this area very well, so were well aware where the hotel was. And although the hotel is not located on the prettiest of roads, only a five minute walk takes you to the beach, and the very beautiful La Carihuela.
I loved the food in the hotel, but I love Spanish food, so if you are an egg and chips or burger and chips person, dining in the hotel may not be for you. If this is the case then again 5 minutes will take you to many fantastic fish restaurants, or some British type pubs.
I always feel very safe in La Carihuela, and love to sit and have a coffee, or wee drink at the sea front, and just chill and watch the world go by.
I will return to this lovely hotel, and it's lovely staff, as soon as I can.

Room Tip: we had a room on the top floor (8), which we requested, and it was perfect. Quiet, with great views.
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just spent five days at the Princesa Solar Hotel and could not find fault with the hotel. Room was clean ,towels and toiletries changed daily, free wifi and safe to room ( not always the case in Spain ) Our stay included breakfast which was mainly continental but did have limited selection of British fayre. Pool area was great with padded loungers although pool itself was rather small but it did have three jacuzzis. The hotel staff were all great and very helpful. The hotel itself was only 10mins from beach and all bars,restaurants of which there are numerous. Would definitely stay at hotel again and recommend to friends. Tip if you are a person who likes to take in the evening sunshine on the balcony Rooms on floors 6 - 8 are the ones you want as lower floors are shaded by 5 - 30pm.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location we stayed 8 nights and could not fault this place at all the staff were both friendly and very helpful. All the public areas and pool were immaculate as was our room with good quality towels and toiletries. If you want somewhere for both quality and fantastic value this ticks all the boxes we are already looking to re book this for our next visit, very reasonable pool bar prices for drinks

Stayed June 2014
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just back from a week at the Princessa Solar in Torremolinos. The hotel has been refurbished in places and the beds in my room were brand new and very comfortable and the sheets and covers were also new. The pool area had been refurbished as well and has plenty of sunbeds and 3 hot tubs. There was a bar which served snacks too. There was a very well equipped gym and also a sauna.

The hotel is situated about a 10 minute walk from Torremolinos station and it is only a few stops to the airport so very easy to get there. The hotel is in a quieter part of town for bars and restaurants but 5 minutes toward the seafront there are many bars and restaurants.

The only negative about my stay (which to be fair was no fault of the hotel) were inconsiderate neighbours above and to one side who slammed doors, scraped furniture across the floors most nights and also had their TV loud. In fairness to the hotel, when I mentioned this when I checked out and they said I should have told them as they would have spoken to the guests - this showed that the hotel did actually care which was a positive attitude. I may just have been unlucky in my room choice.

The staff were very friendly and helpful especially Jesus who was there when i checked in and checked out. As I was leaving on a very late flight that night they looked after my luggage and then I was able to have a shower in the gym and they even provided a towel.

The hotel is also on quite a busy road which sometimes can be quiet noisy during the day, but at night it quietens down and I never heard any people out on the streets making noise late at night.

The air conditioning in the room was very good and also daily replenishment of the shower gels and shampoo.

All in all a good weeks break and handy for both Torremolinos and Benelmadena. If I was to return to the resort I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: If you travel from the airport get off at torremolinos and walk about 10 minutes. the station beyone...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very warm and welcoming staff in all parts of the hotel. We enjoyed our stay location near to centre and bars and restaurants within reach of hotel. Beach about ten minutes walk. Hotel areas clean and rooms cleaned daily. Would rate hotel 3 star as to 4 but would recommend to family and friends as it is good value for the price we paid. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a great view from our room on 7th floor also a big balcony
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On arrival the check-in desk noticed it was my birthday and congratulated me and no sooner had we entered our room a bar tender was knocking at the door with a complimentary bottle of champagne. The room looks a little dated but spotlessly clean apart from the fridge but I rang reception and within 10 minutes a brand new fridge was fitted. The pool area is also spotlessly clean where you can enjoy padded sun loungers at no extra cost, a definite must if your hungry and don't want to travel out is the bar snacks especially the onion rings bargain prices. Outside the hotel is very run down with only 3 or 4 bars/cafes but on a whole all Torremolinos is clean considering its run down. I wouldn't say the rooms are 4star standard but the lobby is very up to date. It takes literally 5 minutes stroll onto the La Carihuela strip where you will find numerous bars and restaurants. A definite must is Havana Blues Cuban bar for the best cocktails in town and café fresco at the opposite end of the strip for the best sandwiches.

Room Tip: stayed in room 700 a little high for me but stunning sea views through opposite hotels and overlooki...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Princesa Solar? Share your experiences!