“3rd visit and it does what it says on the tin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cabello

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torremolinos
Hotel Cabello
You added Hotel Cabello to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chiriva 28 | Playa la Carihuela, 29620 Torremolinos, Spain   |
Ranked #7 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
Wales
“3rd visit and it does what it says on the tin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Let me start by saying that we only paid £29 per night for a double room over the Easter period so I certainly won't be complaining that there wasn't a 3 course breakfast, a swimming pool or sky tv.

I paid budget prices, knowing exactly what I was getting. This was our third visit and little has changed since our first visit 4 years ago. There was the added bonus of free air conditioning which was great. Apparently the rooms have undergone a refurb but I failed to notice this. However, the bathroom was slightly modernised and even had a bidet lol.

The room was very basic with old furniture but it was spotless and the bed was comfy. The staff were polite and the drinks at the bar were very competitively priced compared to some of the bars in the resort. Yes, the breakfast is exactly the same every day, week, month and year but again for the price we paid, we could have eaten elsewhere if needed.

The only thing that we could have benefited from was an electric socket. There was only one in the room and it was the one that the tv was plugged into. Each time we needed to charge something or use the hairdryer, we had to unplug the tv and drape the lead of our appliance from the socket that was high up in the wall.

We had some noisy guests stay here at the same time as us which made us realize how easy the noise travels. I often had trouble sleeping which hasn't happened on previous visits.

The main reason we book this hotel for return visits is its location which is just behind the beach and in a fab spot for sitting outside with a coffee/drink people watching. If your priority is to spend a lot of time in the hotel, this one isn't for you but if you want a cheap and cheerful base, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: nice views at front but pretty noisy at busy times
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in March and paid £20 for twin room with breakfast. Yes breakfast was a toasted roll but it was not stale. If it was so bad why didn't you go on your trip without it or buy something outside. If you want more jam etc. you only need to ask. My husband likes two pillows so he asked and was given another one no problem. As for maps they are kept in pidgeon holes at bottom of stairs. We asked for one and the lady who works at breakfast time showed us where everything was. The hotel is not advertised as having a lift so maybe it would be an idea to read the hotel description more carefully and if you want toiletries in your room pay for a higher star rated hotel. As for the bin men I don't think any hotel has any control as to their collection time. I do not have any connection to the hotel owners but I get annoyed when people want to pay for a one star hotel and expect five star service. Also if you read the other reviews you'll get an honest opinion. We cant all be wrong

Room Tip: room at front have great view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Blackpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I don't know why everyone raves so much about this hotel.
Yes, it is very close to the beach, Yes there are some lovely views from the front of the hotel, Yes the hotel is clean, but as far as anything else is concerned it is very sadly lacking.
There is no lift which means it it not suitable for those who have problems with stairs and for the unwary the only toiletries you are given is a bar of soap - no problem to us as we always carry our own supplies.
The pillow was that thin we had to put coats underneath it so we could get comfortable.

Continental Breakfast - What a Joke!!!!
Firstly it was 9-11am which meant if you went on a trip or day out, you couldn't have breakfast.
One stale roll cut in half and toasted - on some mornings it was that hard it should have come with a government health warning
Two sachets margarine,
One sachet Jam
One tea Bag
One very small measure of milk

There was one poster advertising a show, but there were no other maps, no brochures or
leaflets for attractions in the surrounding area, and when one of the other guests queried about buses to Malaga and Marbella the duty barman/receptionist either didn't know or was too idle to answer. One of the other guests gave them the information they required.

Some reviewers stated that this hotel could be noisy with the school opposite but that was nothing to the noise the bin men made in the early hours of the morning when they collected the rubbish.

This could be a marvelous hotel if the owner and staff woke their ideas up, but I don't think that will happen.
While guests put up with poor and shoddy service and keep giving it the 5 "bullets" on this site they just won't bother

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

As other reviewers said this is basic accommodation. But great value. Spotless and so close to the beach.
If you're not bothered by having no pool. This is the place to book.
Rooms were made up each day and clean towels everyday.
Breakfast is basic but fills a gap til lunch. Great coffee.

• Stayed April 2014
Nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights in march, we'd seen the hotel many times and heard good things so we wasn't surprised to find it such a lovely old hotel. yes it's basic but if you want a taste of spain before it became mass-market then this is the place for you. very clean with a lovely new bathroom and a view looking out over the sea and little square. the breakfast was a toasted roll and cup of coffee but it set us up till dinner and weasn't complaining as the hotel was only 20euros per night. a small tip, if your going to a malaga game, get the train into malaga 15 mins and buy the tickets from the ground not the local bars as its much cheaper. theres a great bar just at the back of the hotel called cheers bar that show every sport you could want with good priced beer and brilliant beech bars selling fresh paella etc. brilliant stay and will be returning asap

Room Tip: maybe ask for a high room at the front
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked the Hotel Cabello through Alpha Rooms having read the great reviews on Trip Advisor and of course its excellent price!. Before arriving at the hotel I was a bit worried what to expect was all the hype going to be worth it, well I shouldn't have . It was all it said in those reviews and more. Friendly, clean, good value, great location, and all the facilities you needed for a short break. I would definitely book there again and recommend it to any of my friends but for under £80 for 4 nights for both of us including a simple but sufficient breakfast you should not expect the Ritz!. I have paid a lot more in 4 star hotels and have not had such an enjoyable stay let's face it you pay for all the facilities and never use them!. I hope the family run hotel keep up the good work and you deserve to have many happy guests return

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just returned from a mini break and chose this B & B following various reviews. I loved the central location close to the promenade, making walking into Torremolinos or Benalmadena so easy. The hotel itself is run by an extended family who take pride in their establishment. They are friendly, without being overly so and do whatever they can to accommodate your needs. I'm a lightish sleeper and had a room at the back. Unfortunately, it was over the kitchen area, so I was disturbed quite early when they were prepping for the day. Although they were quite full, they managed to give me an alternative room where I slept fine. The Star rating is probably due to it being quite basic but it was spotlessly clean and I feel great value for money. Breakfast again, quite basic - toasted baguette with jam/marmalade and tea/coffee but sufficient before setting out for the day. Also, time of breakfast is good 9am to 11am with an up to noon checkout. A bonus was the free WiFi access (Password given on request). I loved being able to sit in the morning sun at the front and people watch or read a book. They have 24hr reception too, so if you're wanting late night drinks someone will always serve you.
Things you might wish to consider if important to you are: noise does travel a bit up the central stairway, which may be more of an issue in the height of the season. The beds are a bit on the firm side (I like, but maybe not everyone does). TV & Clock/Radios in room not very modern and no English speaking TV if you were planning on spending more time in your room. Did pick up an English speaking local radio station though. WiFi signal not available throughout hotel, so may have to sit in lobby to get reception. No tea making facilities in the rooms themselves, but you can take drinks up from the bar which are reasonably priced and there's a Supermarket just around the corner.
I loved my stay here and would definitely go back again. If you were to choose this with high expectations, you may be left feeling it to be a bit lacking as it is quite basic, but if you were to go with the mindset that you get what you pay for, then I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at just what it has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo