“Autumn Break” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 73 Hotels in Torremolinos
York, United Kingdom
“Autumn Break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Apartments Buensol located in Montemar it is a Budget Apt but it clean but in need of up dating.Location very good close to Beach,Bars and Resturants. Toms Tavern only a few yards away with good beer prices. Resturants near-by Kates Kitchen 3 courses for 10 euros
or the Carvery 10.50 euros 1 course or 16 euros 3 courses

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Apartments need refurbuishing but living area is good size and kitchen provides all the cooking equipment needed but we mostly had our meals out. Great location near marina and right on promendae. Good value for money

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Holmfirth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hotel was in a great posiion, only 50 yards to beautiful beach and a 10 min walk to harbour. Apartments ok for money but could do with a revamp. Bad points they have alot of single groups staying who were very drunk and screamed and shouted unitl 3 to 4pm for at least 3 nights of our 6 night stay walls are very thin so it was like they were in the room with us and they were the next floor down and at least 5 rooms over. Also there is alot of noise from the hotel next door entertainment but at least it stopped at 12am, was good value for money hotel but would never stay again due to noise

Room Tip: try to get the rooms numbered 200 to 2009 they are quieter and have nice sea views, the rooms from...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
westmeath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Just back from week at Buensol and thoroughly enjoyed it. Location ideal for every convenience. Staff courteous and helpful. Apartments clean and although maid service is limited there is no problem getting clean sheets and towels from their trolley when required. There is no tv, toaster or microwave in apmnts but there is a fridge/freezer and oven with 3 gas rings. We had a wonderful sea and prom view from our good sized balcony (305). There were no loud parties so sleeping was not a problem. Cannot comment on food as we didn't eat there. We would return to Buensol no problem and disagree with reviewer who stated it was only suitable for those on "Benefits and low income" which I thought was very insulting to anyone who has become unemployed through no fault of their own in these difficult times. Go there, Enjoy and SMILE

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

i stayed here for my stag do,its in a great location close to pubs and clubs and 2 minute walk to the beach,as it was my stag do it was only used to sleep and as such it was a very basic setup all amenities to the kitchen are equipped,but just outside you have a range of restaurants, but as for in room entertainment such as tv it would cost extra to hire from quite an unfriendly guy at reception,,,, end result ideal for a cheap getaway and as being so cheap do not expect 5 star treatment after all you get what you pay for

Room Tip: choose either pool view or seaview as other views are blocked in and it can be load from the road
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We have just got back from a one week holiday at Buensol. We paid £300 for a 2 bed apartment. We were expecting the worst as I had read the reviews (after we had booked). When we arrived at 10pm the room (309)was hot and the kids were tired and restless. The room was a mess and smelly and the music from the hotel next door went on to midnight. The next morning, after about 2 hours sleep, my husband went to the front desk and asked for a new room (206). She was amazingly helpful and managed to get us another room and had 2 cleaners go straight away to clean it for us. we moved rooms and it was like a new hotel. The room was clean, spacious, not smelly, the bathroom was bigger (You managed to fit on the toliet as it wasn't too close to the bath),we were given a remote control to the AC (they keep them behind the desk downstairs) and the holiday began. The new room was a floor down and only 3 rooms along (away from the other hotels entertainment) but we didnt hear anything all night and the kids slept fine. The cleaners came 3 times whilst we were there to give us new towels, toliet paper, bin liners. bedding, tea towel and anything else we asked for.

There is fee for the safe 21 euros and some people mentioned that they had had to put a deposit down of 50 euros for the AC remote.
The room had everything we could need/want and the hotel staff were very helpful if there was anything we needed/asked for. My son got tonsilitis whilst we were there and they were so helpful and even offered to get a doctor to the hotel.

We spent the morning at the beach but as it was so hot we went back to the apartment after lunch to let the kids nap and then went to the hotel pool. I was pleasantly surpised by how good the pool was. There was no charge for sun beds (unlike the hotel we stayed at next door the year before) and there were always lots free. The pool was clean and the kids pool was great. The toilet facilities were clean and the pool bar served great snacks for the kids.

The hotel is in a great location to the beach and also great to get to the Harbour or La Carihuela at night for an evening meal. We had great meals everynight and all the restraunts were great with the kids.

This really is "you get what you pay for". If you are prepared for a 3* hotel then great if you are expecting a 5* hotel for a 3* price then you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for a room number? 07 or lower as these have sea views and are away from the noise. The teen room...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is a low budget no frills hotel. It is for those on benefits, low income or for those on Hen and Stag weekend intent on reeking havoc for those who want to sleep at night. I stayed in Room 209 and was promised a sea view which quite frankly if the wind blew I could just make out the sea through the branches of the very large rubber tree which was directly outside our balcony.

I was on a tour of spain with a group of 30+ so this accommodation was suitable for our needs we only slept there.

The room stank of smoke was dark and dingy. I am glad I read the reviews before I left as I wasn't surprised by this and prepared for the smell with sented candles and brought my own sheet to sleep on. Also my own cooking utensils although the pots were of a good standard and fairly clean. The fridge was excellent for cold drinks, Thankfully I brought a travel kettle and sterilising tablets so I was good to go. Bring matches for the cooker and pins if the burners don't light stick a pin in the flue to get it going! Thanks B for the tip.

If you are larger than size 14 or medium you will struggle to sit on the toilet as it is so close to the wall and bath! Take your own cleaning cloths or buy them from Lidl (10mins walk away).

The air conditioner was on constantly and as I am only 5ft I could not pull the plug out (thanks Mark) there were no controls to turn it on or off.

The doors/furniture in 209 were damaged so take photos in case as proof you found it like it.

The music from the hotel next door starts at 9:30 every night until midnight so if you are a light sleeper good luck. I stayed up until way past midnight with my earphones on so it wasn't a huge problem for me.

There is a dining room on site but I didn't see anyone using it. The pool area is okay if that is what you are looking for. Plenty of sun loungers for all, the small bar and shop I didn't use but others in the group complained of rude staff.

The staff in general were as expected given the reviews of previous customers so again I wasn't surprised. Only one member of the night staff was pleasant and he was a real surprise for all. On one occasion for some reason our key was changed and we could not gain access to our room. To cut a long story short the lock was changed. However when I went to gain entrance late at night and didn't want to wake my room mate the 'spare key didn't work!!! Hence I had to bang on the door to get in. The night porter insisted that the key was in the lock although I had told him that the lock had been changed and his key was not the right key!!!

As per all review the location is fantastic if you want a beach holiday this is the place but choose another hotel.

I would never choose to return to Buensol under any circumstances I was glad to leave, but my holiday was not spoilt by the accommodation. It is what it is so if you go prepared you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for any rooms 501 - 509 you will get a sea view. 501 was actually very nice decent furniture not...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends