“Would stay there again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 74 hotels in Torremolinos
Helsinki, Finland
“Would stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

In Torremolinos you have a little dilemma: either you stay on a beach or prefer the night life and book a hotel in the centre of town. The stairs in between are really a task in a heat.

This time I wanted to find me low-budget hotel in centre of city and Hotel Picasso turn out to be a pleasant surprise. The location is good, by the small square, no access by car in the front, but it only means: a quiet hotel. The only noise came on Sunday from church bells (10m away from my window!) but bells rang on 11 o´clock, so no harm done there.

Room was big and clean. Air condition did work, Would be nice to have a small refrigerator, but it was a hotel, not a apartimentos. Breakfast was included and it was better than in many hotels, but with less than 10 Euros you get better coffee, juice and toast or baguette in many Cafe´s around city.

Stuff at the desk where helpful , even I met only one who could speak English. I would recommend Hotel Picasso for all travellers who prefer spending they money to something else than luxury hotel room, after all: How many hours awake you spend per day in your room? and while you are sleeping, only thing witch matters is a good bed!! ...Well if you are tall, you are in trouble in Spain ; )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I will never book with expedia again. i have just got bk from spain, i booked 2 wks in the hotel picasso,supposedly 3 star, turns out this is an hostel, and somebody has scratched a star of the hotel wall, it was disgusting, dirty, after eating breakfast the first day, i later felt odd, ended up in bed for 3 days with gastro enteritis, Later found out they had put out of date yogurt out for breakfast which i ate, and fruit was rotting and the noise was unreal, fights and arguments going on till 6 in the morning on both wkends.
There is TWO broken sunbeds for the whole hotel, and the area where they are there is a airduct blowing waste kitchen air over you, it wasnt cheap either, £650.00 for 2 wks, plus i had to pay £50.00 for my luggage at the airport, which is in their small print but so very misleading, am waiting on their reply, will let you know

Room Tip: book with an abta travel agent
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stayed at Hotel Picasso end of August 2010, for the price it was cheap and fantastic as it included a evening meal and breakfast plus a double for sole en suite bedded room. The service was 1st class on arrival as I was sat down for my meal 1 minute before the Restaurant closed and had my 3 course meal in a rather dated and messy 2 star restaurant. I slept fine and had no problem with room..it was nice!.. After my basic breakfast in a rather depressing restaurant, I checked out and walked 30 minutes to a beach, on my way I realised I left some rings in the bathroom. As I was far from the hotel, I went back after my day at the Beach, hoping to retrieve my rings and the management told me that they were in Housekeeping and that they had all gone home. Surely jewellery should be kept in a safe in a management office? The Duty Manager said the hotel would contact me the next day, it is now 5 months gone and they do not seem to answer my e-mails, they have told me that they will send the rings..still not received them. Please do not leave valuables at this hotel as they never contact you, the management have made things upsetting as one ring was valuable. The hotel admitted that they had found the rings, the frustrating thing is that the service was awful and pathetic, not even thinking about my feelings or any consideration, I am frustrated and still annoyed and I do not know what to do, but just to give up and pretend it never happenend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Gourock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Ended up here by mistake of travel agent. Biggest let down was the pool i expected was nothing like the one here. It is small and ok if you just want to cool down or sooth feet.. but you really wouldnt want spend time at it.

UPSIDE .. Hotel is spotless. Maids come in every day. Ask for room on Balcony Side of hotel.. to give you a bit of outside space, overlooking square. It is a wee bit noisy, but nothing major...quitens down about 1ish....managed to sleep fine.
Reception guys really fiendly.. helped massivley when friend needed police, cant say the same about the blonde girl though.. bit tgnorant. There is a bar at bottom of hotel, used by anyone passing also... no dedicated hotel bar our lounge area.

Hotel is really great as a base for sightseeing if you not spending much time in it. Travel agents down the road if you want to book trips.. quite reasonable... I never use any hotel trips as always cost a fortune compared to local travel agents.

It is 5 min walk from Metro to allow travel up and down coast from Malage to Fuengirola and Alhora. Only 2 euros maximum either way. Use train at airport for transfers (1euro 35), get off at Torremolinos, come out Metro, head past Burger King to the first main street (pedestrianised), turn left, head up to main road, cross over.. and keep walking straight up continuation of pedestrian area.. hotel on the right about 200 metres up this bit.
Watch out for young lads in Groups of 5 around Town Centre.. frend got pickpocketed all his stuff, guys pretended to be firendly..

Summary.. would use again...if sightseeing or happy to make the 20 minute walk down to beach.. but that not so bad, as stalls etc all the way down.. and a lift operates on street if you dont fancy walking down or up.. only 50 cents .. dont be put off if queues at it as they go down really quckly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
bolton uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

stopped for only 4 nights (short break)
the youths breakdancing out side, was no problem,music is so low you cannot hear it if you close balcony door. and gone by the time we was getting in bed
rooms are like any 3* hotel in spain, clean and basic,
we had no problems staying here and would think to use this hotel again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

Stayed at Hotel Picasso early June 2006. There were 8 of us on our annual lads holiday & the rooms & service were absolutely excellent for the price. No problems with us coming in early hours, losing our key cards, extra towels etc, etc. Rooms are cleaned & made up every day, inc Sundays. Right in the heart of the town with a few bars & a lot of shops nearby. The only MAJOR problem with this hotel, is that it's right next door to a church, which rings it bells a couple of times every morning, starting about 9.30am & then on a Sunday morning, every 20 minutes or so until midday. And they're LOUD! We were not impressed, having got in at some early hour, to be woken up in this manner... In addition, the pool wasn't open when we went - apparently it gets filled for the beginning of July - it's tiny anyway though. Torremolinos itself is ok but the trip to & from the beach is quite hilly, with lots of steps. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere so be warned. The sand is volcanic, gets incredibly hot & is very stony by the shore, I took snorkelling gear but couldn't use it as the water isn't clear enough. The waves were fun though! Also be aware that Torremolinos is the gay capital of the Costa's so if you're straight, you'll be off to Benalmadena's 24 hour square every night like we were! Still, all in all a pleasant hotel & an ok base for a cheap stay, especially if you're a Church-goer! And, if you're a cigar smoker, go to Estanco San Miguel. Excellent choice of Cuban cigars and a nice, albeit compact humidor room.

• Liked — Rooms were very good
  • Disliked — The bells, the bells!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were looking for a place to stay after our stay in the condo we had booked on the beach. It was a bit of a hunt to find it - but once found I loved it! I wished we had stayed there the whole time and forgot about the condo. It was clean and helpful. We got a really great room, nice food, and the bus system dropped off and picked up about a block or two from the establishment. We asked for reccomendations on what to see on our qucik little stay and the girl at the front desk armed us with suggestions, a map, and a bus schedule. We had a blast! The bathroom was a bit cramped, but I didn't fly to Spain to sit in a bathroom all day, did I? :)

• Liked — The help!
  • Disliked — The bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Picasso? Share your experiences!